Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 82>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 8:12am
Pics? :D ^

(I have not taken out my twists, but I want to do it today)
Sponsored Links

mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 8:01pm
Sheesh ladies, I feel like I've missed this entire thread!!! So much gorgeous hair up in here. I can't remember all of them, but somebody had some awesome pink and black braids. That was the business, and Amber your kinkytwists look so pretty! Though I'm sorry about the mishap with your stylist, and some other folks up in hurrr. Ladies keep it up, you're givin me LIFE!

But ummm, checkin in. I JUST put in another really lazy set of marley twists. I think I got like less than 20 twists in my head altogether. I don't plan on wearing them long, maybe for a week. I just needed something so I can stop wearing those scarves to school so much. Trying so hard to refrain from wearing a braidout or twistout since I've done so much intervening with my retention already.

I do have pics of my twists, though they're so old news I did wanna show you guys what my ends were looking like! So here are some pretty good shots. In another trimming, they should be right as rain.

See what I mean about the frayed ends? It's not as bad as it used to be but granted it's still very much visible. I thought about hacking it all off in one go but that probably would've been too dramatic of a cut for me and I do still like my length. Here's a great example of what I'm aiming for next time I do my small twists:

So that's my aim, and hopefully when I trim again in April they will look just so. I'm not doing much retaining am I? But my goal is for longer, HEALTHIER hair so I suppose this is just apart of my process for now. Happy hair growing!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 8:14pm
@ mskraizy i feel u.
thats how my ends were looking when i just bit the bullet and cut each section while twisting and now my twits look like that last pic. but i lost 2 inches off my length. its a catch 22.if i could go back i would of only dusted my ends. but im happy, just my length goal is more challenging now and thats ok.
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:54am
I oiled my scalp with my bliss du jour. & moisturized my edges & the ends of my cornrows.
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:37pm
Washing and deep treatment tonight, followed by twists and back under my wig. It's too cold to have my hair out.
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 3:53pm
Deep conditioned with shea moisture(volumizing conditioner and restorative conditioner) my hair shampooed, and deep conditioned again(doing homework). Used Giovanni direct leave in and a  little castor oil. Blow dried my hair using the cool setting(no heat) and did a braidout.
 sorry its so big
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 7:34pm
Catrice, your hair looks nice and soft! :D

updates. 
>>>>>>

I took out my twists on Thursday and I was a bit taken aback by all of the shedding/fallen hair.

Just so much hair. 

I was not sure if my hair needed a protein treatment, so I just DC'd (in dire need)
and used my Aphogee 2 minute.

I had said I would swear off protein, but Aphogee is very effective and not harsh so I will just continue use with  that one.

And as of right now. I just twisted my hair and put little bands on the ends to separate them. It seems to make it easier for me to get to my scalp for massaging and applying oils.

I think most of the bands will fall off before I feel like taking them out or when I wash.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 5:23am
I'm back from Japan..I re-did my braids during the ferry back to Shanghai...I worked my braids pretty well for those 3 weeks..found me a cute head band to wear when the edges were starting to look a wee bit rough.  I am able to rock my braids at the top of my head and they hang cute around the crown of my head..next month will be 1 year that I've been consistently rocking this protective style..it is so natural for me now..love it! 
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 5:26am
Originally posted by Catrice26 Catrice26 wrote:

Deep conditioned with shea moisture(volumizing conditioner and restorative conditioner) my hair shampooed, and deep conditioned again(doing homework). Used Giovanni direct leave in and a  little castor oil. Blow dried my hair using the cool setting(no heat) and did a braidout.
 sorry its so big

Maybe leave your braids in for a few days for a more defined look. I notice when I leave them in longer the better the braid out resultsWink
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 8:28am
hi, ladies!  i redid the front of my twists and they look fresh now.  i washed them last week.  i am traveling this week so won't be able to wash them until next weekend - 2 weeks in the game.  the water is too hard here for me to even attempt to wash and condition while i am gone.  i have not combed my hair since jan 9. just finger detangled a bit when i switched my twists to smaller.  when i get back...i will make this set even smaller.  i will wait about 3 weeks before doing that so that i keep the manipulation low.

@mskraizy, love your hair and your twists look awesome - so coily.

@catrice, your braid out looks so fluffy!

@khivey, how was japan?  and congrats on almost one year ps'ing!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 82>
  Share Topic