Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 6:37pm
I have had my install for five days now ... I love it ! I texlaxed my leaveout because I will be wearing the hair for the remainder of the year and I don't want to apply heat every day. I love the results even tho it's only on a 2x4 section of my head for my middle part. Definitely wont be texlaxing anymore until August when I do my next major trim if needed. Like I said I love the results and I didn't want to do the closure this time. I will have the closure reinstalled when I get a substantial amount of new growth ...
Sponsored Links

CrunderNaccis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunderNaccis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 1:50am
Took out my Senegalese twist. Back to wigs now.
jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 9:26am
I'm so tired of these crochet braids already!!! Ugh! It's only been two weeks so I'll give them this last week and try curling them to look like a curly fro, if I can. I'm gonna use perm rods and try a video experiment cause I hate dripping hot water using the dipping method.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 11:56am
I am going to take out my twists this week.
Probably Wednesday or Thursday, if I get too tired after work.
I'm missing my fro...!
I'll let you all know.
I am going to go ahead and take a few out today just to take a look.

Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 4:31pm
@heavyrotation

its ok. I won it in a give away last year, so i thought i should put it to some use. I still like my castor oil better, but its light and spreads easier than castor oil
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 6:48am
I am STILL HERE ladies. Life happened. Alot of it. Good life but still....life.

Update on Nelly. I've been good to Nelly, bad to this challenge, and on my way to making things a lot better. To sum it up, took out marley twists, trimmed off about an inch I think. That was somewhere in the beginning of the year. Been working out like crazy so I think that attributed alot to why my hair is almost back to it's same length! Been in smallish twists (I have a pic of them just can't post em right now) and my ends look great! Well, much better than they used to. Been in those for about almost 2 weeks. Just took em out a couple days ago, deep conditioned and washed and moisturized as normal. Nelly has been in six chunky twists wrapped under a satin bonnet and stylish scarf for the past two days. My plan is to put marley twists back in and try and keep them in for about 2 weeks I guess. In April I will be doing another trim and hopefully my nasty ends will be a thing of the past.

I'm sowwy I haven't been faithful to the rules of this challenge, but I've FINALLY started getting Nelly to look the way I KNOW she can look. While in those twists, Nelly was super springy and coily and just the best...ya'll I haven't seen Nelly like that in a couple of years now and she's FINALLY starting to return back to it. I'm still full BSL pretty much, so I don't think my trims have done anything dramatic. But I will tell ya this, my length checks look alot thicker at the ends!

Okaaaay, that's enough rambling. Hopefully I won't make another disappearance that long but I've got school and work and some other things to bounce, plus my computer has failed me! Planning to get a new one so I'm working off of my school's computer. Happy hair growing ladies! Much
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 7:53am
There she is... Lol. I was wondering where you went MsKraizy. Glad to have you back and good job on straightening out Nelly. Can't wait to see the pictures!!
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 8:46am
Thanks for the well wishes Heavy Rotation:

I am feeling a bit better but still battling the sniffles and this cough...just glad the body aches are over with.  I skipped my swimming session this week so I have pushed my wash day back to this Friday.  I haven't done a cassia treatment in a while so I am trying to muster up the strength to go through the long process.
I am still in cornrows under my wig and I have been oiling and moistirizing my hair and scalp regularly.
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 8:50am
Thanks for the well wishes Kunoichindroid,

I didn't want to even think about my hair but the good thing is that I am in cornrows....just kept my head tied with a satin scarf, spritzed and forgot about it!
KunoichiNindroid
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 11:06pm
I dc'd my hair yesterday & lightly blew it out. My mom corn rowed my hair afterwards. These will stay in for 3 months * crosses fingers* I love my new lace wig, but now I want another :(

Edited by iBetYouhNvNika - Jan 30 2013 at 11:07pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System