Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 9:00pm
still wearing my cornrows with my upart wig. I moisturize with my world of curls activator spray with a little of my pro-vitamin leave in. Today i moisturized my hair with my giovanni direct leave in put some of my shea moisture elixir on top of that. will have an update picture next week when i take my braids down
Sponsored Links

AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 10:34pm
I still have kinky twists.
I think I'll take them out on the 2nd of Feb.

iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 8:30am
UPDATE:
*Thursday night I took down my knotz and twists and wore a twist out (had an event to go to)
*Re-twisted the same night (that was a first lol)

902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 11:01am
Took out cornrows, washed and did a protein treatment. Hair will be bummed up for a few days.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:02am
hi, ladies!  happy sunday! still in my twists....spritzing with water/rosemary/lavender and moisturizing every other day.  nothing but updos daily. i love it!  i'm going to wash my hair later today (after swimming).  will use my homemade shampoo to cleanse, then aubrey organics honeysuckle rose for dc, steam, and then be done.  no detangling!  that's why i heart twists.  on wednesday, i will retwist...i leave for europe on friday so i want the twists to be fresh.  :-)

oh, and i learned how to do a fishtail braid tonight - sooo easy!  youtube is the best!

@natural essence, i hope you feel better!  i feel you on the swimming and the cold weather.  it is freezing here and i did not risk going to the pool last week. i don't think that weekly washing is too much.  i think my hair has done well with weekly washes.  with the swimming, i was washing every wed and sun...i would love to swim more, but twice per week washing is as much as i am going to do....i wear twists and, seriously, putting shampoo on twists (to get rid of the chlorine) causes my hair to tangle.  so, i want to avoid it as much as possible...

@catrice, how do you like the SM elixir? i don't think it does much for my hair, but i want it to....soooo badly. lol

@amber, let us know how your hair is after you take down your twists.  i know you were worried about how the kinky twist install affected your hair.
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 2:47pm
Ugh, after I was put on porridge and mash I've been having crazy carb and sugar cravings. Even missed 2 days of vitamins. I feel gross and bloated :( Today I got some bran flakes, weetbix and honey so tomorrow I'm going cold turkey on all sugar and white carbs. Hope that'll put me back on track.
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 2:52pm
@naturalessence Hope you get better soon. Sticking to your regimen gets tough when you're feeling under the weather. Hang in there though!
nubiennze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nubiennze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 11:24pm
Well...no braids this weekend. Unhappy I just got around to shampooing and DC'ing, so I'll be rocking the good ol' phony puff and/or bun this week. I guess it's just as well, though, since I was still lathering up orange tonight from last week's henna. The last thing I want to do is tuck away hard, crunchy hair.

I'm going to cowash and DC one more good time to ensure everything is on the up and up, then get to work immediately after class Wednesday night so nothing has a chance to pop up and skunk up my weekend. LOL

I also decided to try puffy/fluffy twists instead of box braids, just because. (That's the problem with me and long-term protective styling; I change my mind before I ever get a chance to install anything, lol.) I'm hoping I can get them to last at least until/through spring break, or ideally my next length check/dusting.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 12:01pm
^^^nubiennze, you are making me think about my phony puff....hmmm...what's a girl to do.

i am, of course, in a bun...which is playfully pushed to the side. :-)  Washed and dc'ed last night.  Ended up using MyHoneyChild Olive You deep conditioner.  I realize that I have had it forever and I am on a mission to finish all of my products before jumping onto others.  so, i used it!

won't retwist until wednesday.
MrsHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 3:48pm
Got hair telaxed and let my hair and scalp rest for 3 days.. Now i'm in braids again until next week. I have good growth. I can't wait till may to see my progress..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 81>
  Share Topic