Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 2:18pm
hi, ladies!  in a high bun of small twists today. i am thinking of just keeping my hair in twists without undoing them all at the same time for a few months...like just redo each twist - make it smaller or bigger and keep rotating like that..and finger detangling until July...i would wash/dc/steam weekly, but then there would be no detangling session and i would instead just untwist and retwist.

thoughts?
Sponsored Links

AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 2:22pm
@HR, 
sounds like a good idea to me.
I never washed in twists though because my hair tangles, but if your hair is fine then I say go for it!Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 2:36pm
thanks, amber.  that's just it though.  normally, i have zero tangles...but with swimming...i have to put the shampoo on my twists themselves and that definitely increases tangles.  but i guess it wouldn't matter though b/c i have to wash my hair with these twists in - i work out a lot and i can't give up wearing my twists.....i also refuse to have to do my hair multiple times a week if i do bigger twists or do updos.

just wanted to see if anyone had bad experiences doing this...or had heard of any.  good to see you have not! :-)
iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 6:52pm
UPDATE:
*lightly spritzed and set my twists in bantu knotz yesterday
*massaged my scalp today, which loosened the knotz a bit, but I don't mind

...my phone screen is broken and I don't have a digital camera, so Im not able to take as many pics as I'd like. I don't know if that's good or bad yet Ermm 
iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 6:57pm
I used to do my own twist extensions all the time in high school, and once when I first went natural. @savanna you're making me want to do them again, but it's just so time consuming Thumbs Down
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 7:08pm
Still in a bun. I haven't done much because I've been sick. I can't wait to get my lw
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:32am
Just started taking out some of my cornrows. I'll be doing a good wash and DC treatment. My hair is still very moist. And supple, so glad about that.
jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:50am
I've had my crochet braids fully installed for a week now. I blow dried the hair yesterday and clipped the ends a second time. This is a picture from last thursday.

Hope everyone is holding strong to their regimen. I've been having trouble keeping up because its been 5 and 3 degrees so I've skipped my morning spritz twice this week.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 5:20pm
hi, ladies! i french braided my twists and then put a head band on top.  such an easy style. love!

@ibet, feel better, girl!

@jadore, love that hair!
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 6:39pm
Hi Ladies,

i have been sick as well...not sure if the swimming is attributing to me getting sick...I make sure to cover my head really tightly before leaving the swimming pool but it is freezing where I live.....I have been dealing with the flu....

Still in cornrows under my wig and spritzing with my aloe, wtaer and oil mixture everyday... I have been washing weekly due to the swimming...do you think weekly washings is too frequent?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 81>