Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
s007rrt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s007rrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 12:22am
Here is my protective style..senegalese twists..late posting! boot? Oops
sorry for the big pic, don't know how to make it smaller.
Sponsored Links

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 7:20am
Originally posted by littlebabybug littlebabybug wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

So my Celie's aren't going to make it another week...these girls are raggedy. So, I will go ahead and take them down tomorrow and make them medium sized all over. I plan to wear them in various styles depending on what I get myself into over the next several weeks:) 

if by celies you mean big chunky twists, i love them. if i don't have in finger coils or semi mini twists, then my hair's in chunky twists so easy to put in but they don't last long unfortunately. sometimes when i've worn them for about 3-4 days i'll take them down, like you, and make them into smaller twists. wow, sounds identical lol. i didnt know anyone else did that!

No, I mean thick box braids...I had about 12 of them in. They don't last as long as the smaller ones do so they were looking rough.. I had to re-braid after 2 wks instead of 3.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:28am
hi, ladies.  happpppppppy monday!! :-)

i'm rocking an updo of smaller twists (took the medium size twists and made them smaller).  i think i will continue to do this until i end up with mini twists; we'll see.  my protein overload is very nearly gone...when i wash this week, will do a moisturizing dc and then get into my protein spray routine.  

@amber, sorry to hear that! i think with all of your good hair care, you will be able to save your hair.  can you take out a twist or two to see the extent of the damage?  your twists look good though.

@s007, love the senegalese twists!  so neat.  and i heart your scarf!
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:40am
Thanks ladies!! :) 

Nice hair everyone!
I'm so glad these threads stay so active and supportive.

Speaking of protien, I need a good protein treatment right about now. I decided to switch back to daily co-washes, and do a protein treatment weekly to keep the balance. Aussie 3 min has really turned my hair around, as a leave-in and DC. I wish they sold gallons of it..:(   LOL
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 2:37pm
I know I'm way late, but I did yarn braids a couple days ago. That covers the next 2 months. Yay!
Ashleyano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 3:52am
so i have in my finger coils, but i think i did them wrong. my roots are sooooo puffy and only about 1/2 of my hair is coiled. Cry *throws on hat*
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 7:47am
Originally posted by s007rrt s007rrt wrote:

Here is my protective style..senegalese twists..late posting! boot? Oops
sorry for the big pic, don't know how to make it smaller.

how pretty! these are beautiful! did you do them yourself? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 7:50am
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

Aw guys, it is worse than i thought.
I found some hair pieces(my own) out of the twists--pieces that were cut after i got the twists in.
Because she cut the excess hair sticking out. It wasn't supposed to be my hair though. :/
I feel like shaving my head again, but I guess I'll decide that after I take this out.
:/
She was rough on my hair and twisted way too tightly.
I'm not tenderheaded at all, so I didn't feel it until she got to the crown area.
Plus, i think she started pulling strands that were sticking out, which was breakage.

I probably should just let it be and then just cut my hair to even it out whenever I decide to straighten it in the long run. But I cut my hair in the first place because I want my hair to be even and full all throughout and it wasn't. I don't like the thinning look that some people have, but that could just be due to everyday styling, ect. I want even thickness through the whole strands, not that v-shape. 

omg ambercolour that happened to me back when i used to go to these braiders who were from the ivorycoast, when i was still in high school. they would always take the shears and go all over my head afterwards, and i quit going to them once i saw how it was making my hair so uneven around. they also twisted too tight and i would have headaches for a few days after. i ended up finding a braider who was much more understanding and didn't braid quite so tightly. 
much support goes out to you- and don't even think about cutting!!! Angry
Hugto you! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 7:55am

Originally posted by littlebabybug littlebabybug wrote:

So my Celie's aren't going to make it another week...these girls are raggedy. So, I will go ahead and take them down tomorrow and make them medium sized all over. I plan to wear them in various styles depending on what I get myself into over the next several weeks:) 

if by celies you mean big chunky twists, i love them. if i don't have in finger coils or semi mini twists, then my hair's in chunky twists so easy to put in but they don't last long unfortunately. sometimes when i've worn them for about 3-4 days i'll take them down, like you, and make them into smaller twists. wow, sounds identical lol. i didnt know anyone else did that!

No, I mean thick box braids...I had about 12 of them in. They don't last as long as the smaller ones do so they were looking rough.. I had to re-braid after 2 wks instead of 3.

okay box braids. i've been looking into minibox braids sans extensions and i'm almost sold, thanks to this thread on LHCF: 

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=623679

i'm all drools now and really like the idea of leaving my hair be for a long time but still having leeway to cowash as much as i do now. 
still, two weeks is a long time. i consider that good wear. 
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 9:54am
^^^ let me know how it works out and how long it takes.  i love those little braids, but cannot imagine how long it must take to install...and then the take down.  eek!  but then again, that's how folks feel about mini twists and i love those things.

check out honestlyerica on youtube - she just did a set and they were awesome.

i'm rocking a banana clip with my medium twists. i am in love with banana clips!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 81>
  Share Topic