Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 82>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 1:25am
why am i still up?! lol

i am still in my pinned updo...going to brunch later today so i need to do something cute with my hair.  since the twists are medium size, that will be harder to do...need a hair accessory for sure....hmmm...

@cherry, pretty hair!! love the ps!

@amber, oh no! what happened?
Sponsored Links

iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 3:11am
Still bunning
Took my hair down and moisturized it.
I need to order a lace wig already. I find this whole bunning thing annoying. I have to do so much to get my hair to lay down
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 5:47am
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

@littlebabybug,  Beautiful Coils! 

@Heavy, thanks girly. I knw yall got me. LOL. 

Did a co-wash with Vo5 mixed with olive oil. Massaged scalp for a couple of minutes. Applied Aussie 3 min as a leave in. Did the loc method and sealed with Softee mango butter in a bun and barbie pins.

Still taking my Spring valley HSN and Vibrant Health Green Drink. Im also been doing well with my water intakeGrin

thanks! Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 5:49am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

So my Celie's aren't going to make it another week...these girls are raggedy. So, I will go ahead and take them down tomorrow and make them medium sized all over. I plan to wear them in various styles depending on what I get myself into over the next several weeks:) 

if by celies you mean big chunky twists, i love them. if i don't have in finger coils or semi mini twists, then my hair's in chunky twists so easy to put in but they don't last long unfortunately. sometimes when i've worn them for about 3-4 days i'll take them down, like you, and make them into smaller twists. wow, sounds identical lol. i didnt know anyone else did that!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 5:51am
Originally posted by Catrice26 Catrice26 wrote:

hi, everyone. Not much has changed with my hair, just keeping it braided up. But, I have started to mix my curl activator spray and the Aphogee pro vitamin treatment in my spray bottle. My hair loves protein and was getting over moisturized too easily. I weave an afro kinky curl upart wig right now, so no heat is necessary. 

sorry about the huge pic
pretty hair! very healthy and full. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 5:54am
Originally posted by KunoichiNindroid KunoichiNindroid wrote:

Wow. I love how this challenge is so alive! Here's this weeks update. I tweaked my sulfur grease mixture and added coconut oil to it. Made it less runny and now it controls my itchy scalp. I'm so proud of myself for making something that works the way I want it to. I'll never have to buy scalp oil again! Also, I can't tell if my braids are just loosening up or if there's actual growth but I've only been using this stuff for like a week.

hm...do you use the sulfur mix in place of washing? i was just gonna come on here and make a post/plea for help asking how to control itchy scalp for someone (like myself) who's trying to avoid washing the hair for at least two weeks at a time. how well does it control the itch factor? and if well, then what amounts of what kinda sulfur to what amounts of what kinda grease do you use? sorry for the barrage of questions, but this for me is my holy grail! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 5:55am
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

Did a length check, I doubt I got any growth from Dec. 22 to now, but hey.. I was bored.. lol.. I do notice I get major shrinkage after washing..Nono Im still bunning 99% of the time. Its getting boring but I love the retention its giving me. i Applied my sulfur mix last night.

your hair is so pretty and full from roots to ends. love it!
Queensheba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queensheba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 11:34am
i would like to join bc i am transitioning and will be protective styling unt dec 2013 i wil update when i get to a computer
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 2:28pm
Aw guys, it is worse than i thought.
I found some hair pieces(my own) out of the twists--pieces that were cut after i got the twists in.
Because she cut the excess hair sticking out. It wasn't supposed to be my hair though. :/
I feel like shaving my head again, but I guess I'll decide that after I take this out.
:/
She was rough on my hair and twisted way too tightly.
I'm not tenderheaded at all, so I didn't feel it until she got to the crown area.
Plus, i think she started pulling strands that were sticking out, which was breakage.

I probably should just let it be and then just cut my hair to even it out whenever I decide to straighten it in the long run. But I cut my hair in the first place because I want my hair to be even and full all throughout and it wasn't. I don't like the thinning look that some people have, but that could just be due to everyday styling, ect. I want even thickness through the whole strands, not that v-shape. 
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 6:31pm
IMG 1718
Here's the style
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 82>
  Share Topic