Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ashleyano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 11:19am
i've been wearing hats on my natural hair usually in wash-n-go's
Sponsored Links

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:07pm
hi, ladies! happy thursday! :-)

so, i washed my hair after swimming last night.  used sheamoisture antibreakage dc - good dc, but i have used it only 3 times and the jar is pretty much done. argh!  

anyway, i realize that my daily use of my new found oil, avocado oil, and almost daily moisture spritzes (they have protein - amino acids) caused problems for me! i noticed little broken hairs when i was detangling and that never happens.  then it dawned on me - i don't do well with coconut oil for the very same reason (unless it is rinsed out)...and here i am spritzing these new things PLUS using avocado oil which acts like coconut oil. ARGH!

my hair has enough protein so adding protein or things that act like protein can be an issue for me. as a result, i never do protein treatments and only use a light protein spray after every other wash.  this reggie works well for me.

needless to say, i have stopped using the avocado oil and will just use it on my face (it is an awesome moisturizer) and as a dc.  i am just doing moisturizing stuff now and will be back in medium size twists from sat and small twists after swimming next wed.

so glad i know my hair and spotted that something was awry that day! but still, sigh.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:38pm
oh, and how do we get this topic to be a STICKY?!!  Big smileClap
nubiennze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nubiennze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:34pm
@Heavy, thanks for reminding me that avocado oil acts like coconut oil! My hair loves it in DCs, and I was considering adding it to my leave-in oil mix. I'd forgotten about this property, though, and I'm protein sensitive as well. Crisis averted, lol...glad you were able to nip the problem in the bud.

I need to cowash and DC, but I've been soo hair lazy these past couple weeks. Ouch I'm beginning to wonder whether it would be better to just throw in some box braids and call it a day, but I really want to do some experimentation first. I'm so over wigging it though. I think I may rock phony buns and puffs for a while instead.
MrsHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:39pm
Update// Hello ladies TOP OF THE DAY to you all...  After i took out my braids i weared my hair in a bun for 9 days. I pre poo and got more braids installed 3 days ago. I notice my hair didn't shed a lot but started getting dry, and that's not gona help me grow it. I decided i will keep my hair out for no more than 3 days before install. Next hair'do will be a wavy sew-in because my loves moisture. I will post a pic of my hair length. Give me a few mins..
bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 6:36pm
I realized that I haven't updated in awhile but then again there is nothing really new to report hair wise
I haven't been going anywhere so I been keeping my hair in bantu knots under my scarf (I have to run to the store or something I just through my hat over it, lol)
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 7:36pm
Heavy,

Glad to hear there is another swimmer amongst us.
I place a plastic cap under my swimming cap and wash my hair immediately after.. is there anything that you can suggest to protect my hair from thechlorine?
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 7:39pm
^^ I guess it would help if I let you know what I wash with!
I currently use either shea moisture moisturizing shampoo or burts bees shampoo and follow with either the shea moisture deep conditioner or elucence moisturizing conditioner and then apply kimmay leave in...
 I have been washing with the cornrows in my hair as I rock a wig during the week as a protective style...do you think I should take down the cornrows to d/c...I just don't want the chlorine to ruin my hair.

thanks
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 7:46pm
hi, everyone. Not much has changed with my hair, just keeping it braided up. But, I have started to mix my curl activator spray and the Aphogee pro vitamin treatment in my spray bottle. My hair loves protein and was getting over moisturized too easily. I weave an afro kinky curl upart wig right now, so no heat is necessary. 

sorry about the huge pic
iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

hi, ladies! happy thursday! :-)

so, i washed my hair after swimming last night.  used sheamoisture antibreakage dc - good dc, but i have used it only 3 times and the jar is pretty much done. argh!  

anyway, i realize that my daily use of my new found oil, avocado oil, and almost daily moisture spritzes (they have protein - amino acids) caused problems for me! i noticed little broken hairs when i was detangling and that never happens.  then it dawned on me - i don't do well with coconut oil for the very same reason (unless it is rinsed out)...and here i am spritzing these new things PLUS using avocado oil which acts like coconut oil. ARGH!

my hair has enough protein so adding protein or things that act like protein can be an issue for me. as a result, i never do protein treatments and only use a light protein spray after every other wash.  this reggie works well for me.

needless to say, i have stopped using the avocado oil and will just use it on my face (it is an awesome moisturizer) and as a dc.  i am just doing moisturizing stuff now and will be back in medium size twists from sat and small twists after swimming next wed.

so glad i know my hair and spotted that something was awry that day! but still, sigh.

I didn't know that...I may have to give it a try so i can save the coconut oil for my oatmeal Tongue
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 81>
  Share Topic