Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 9:12pm
Washed hair and ended up changing hair style. i need to learn some serious discipline. finger coils again! Trying to make them last for 10 days. Please hold me accountable ladies! 
 And i also purchased my first non sulfate non paraben non-a-whole-lotta-other-stuff-that-apparently-is-not-good-for-hair/skin/people/you-name-it lol shampoo: 
Burt's Bees for Babies and Shea Moisture. Haven't used either yet on my hair, but Burt's Bees made my son's hair turn out really soft and moisturized. Thumbs Up
Me likey.Big smile
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 9:14pm
also i forgot to add that i used a condish that i bought two months ago but that had been sitting on my window sill collecting dust, called Simply U. I found it to be very softening and it had a great detangling effect on my hair. It was the easiest i'd ever had of detangling my hair i do believe, especially notable in the crown, which is usually my hell zone, by comparison. i don't usually rave about products but i was quite impressed with this one. 
jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 1:53am
@littleladybug You've done more with your hair color than I have. Having hair that has no moisture problems is a blessing.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 3:00pm
hi, ladies!  how are you?  going swimming tonight so am going to braid up my hair and then wash after and put my hair into a wet bun. i want to steam with my dc.  i think steaming makes such a diff and i don't want to skip it.  

@cherry, we will miss your posts, but definitely get that degree, girl!  we are going to hold down the fort for you. :-)

@littlebaby, those are some beautiful coils! i love sheamoisture shampoos - which one did you get? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by jadorenaturality92 jadorenaturality92 wrote:

@littleladybug You've done more with your hair color than I have. Having hair that has no moisture problems is a blessing.

*knocks on wood* lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

hi, ladies!  how are you?  going swimming tonight so am going to braid up my hair and then wash after and put my hair into a wet bun. i want to steam with my dc.  i think steaming makes such a diff and i don't want to skip it.  

@cherry, we will miss your posts, but definitely get that degree, girl!  we are going to hold down the fort for you. :-)

@littlebaby, those are some beautiful coils! i love sheamoisture shampoos - which one did you get? 

thanks!it's the moisture retention shampoo. can't wait to try it because i've heard so many good things about it.  my current shampoos i've had for about 5 years now and i'm only halfway through the bottle. i go through shampoos verrrry slowly lol maybe one of these days i'll get around to using shea moisture. til then i suppose i'll just continue using it on my son's hair. 
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:43am
@littlebabybug,  Beautiful Coils! 

@Heavy, thanks girly. I knw yall got me. LOL. 

Did a co-wash with Vo5 mixed with olive oil. Massaged scalp for a couple of minutes. Applied Aussie 3 min as a leave in. Did the loc method and sealed with Softee mango butter in a bun and barbie pins.

Still taking my Spring valley HSN and Vibrant Health Green Drink. Im also been doing well with my water intakeGrin
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:30am
So my Celie's aren't going to make it another week...these girls are raggedy. So, I will go ahead and take them down tomorrow and make them medium sized all over. I plan to wear them in various styles depending on what I get myself into over the next several weeks:) 
iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 8:38am
UPDATE:
1ST CHECK-IN (I know I'm a little late Embarrassed)

*I've been spritzing at least once every few days (that's all she's really been needing) 
*Scalp massages - i've done it at least twice in the past 10 days (maybe more). My goal is 3x per week
*I re-twisted and randomly pinned (not at all like the neat spirals I had before) on Saturday....HATED IT...took it out on Sunday
*Been bunning the twists ever since

My hair feels great! I think the protein treatment I did before the start of the challenge really made a difference. That and keeping up with moisturizing. I just mist with water, EVOO, and glycerin. I haven't used glycerin in a while and my hair seems to be responding extremely well to it...I have no idea why I stopped using it Geek

Gonna try to pinwheel the twists again this weekend or I'll just keep bunning til next weekend (when I wash and re-twist). I'm trying to keep manipulation to a minimum.

Ashleyano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 11:17am
Originally posted by littlebabybug littlebabybug wrote:

Washed hair and ended up changing hair style. i need to learn some serious discipline. finger coils again! Trying to make them last for 10 days. Please hold me accountable ladies! 
 And i also purchased my first non sulfate non paraben non-a-whole-lotta-other-stuff-that-apparently-is-not-good-for-hair/skin/people/you-name-it lol shampoo: 
Burt's Bees for Babies and Shea Moisture. Haven't used either yet on my hair, but Burt's Bees made my son's hair turn out really soft and moisturized. Thumbs Up
Me likey.Big smile
i was just coming in here to ask if finger coils counted as a ps. i'll be doing this nextSmile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 81>