Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 8:03pm
How come I'm the only transitioner??   
Sponsored Links

Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 10:23pm
Co-washed again with Molasses and honey, wet bunned. 
Going to the Walmart now to grab some HSN Vitamins, some more Vo5 conditioners. 

Edited by Cherry89 - Jan 02 2013 at 10:24pm
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 10:48pm
hi, ladies!!  how is everyone?? we are DOING IT in this challenge! :-D

okay, so, first thing's first: happy new year!!

second, i'm still in my medium twists.  i flat twisted half of them to one side and the twists that were not in the flat twists, i untwisted and rocked that look for nyeve.  for work tomorrow, i am going to pin the untwisted side into a funky updo.  haven't combed my hair since twisting on dec. 29.  i have just been moisturizing.  will try to take a pic of it when i leave in the morning.

@bajan, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  this is sooo great and helpful.  anyone can go in and update the info and we have it all in one place.  you are seriously top 10 right now!  thanks so much, again!

@jadore, love, love that style!

@naynay, enjoy jamaica!!  i am SO jealous right now.  how are you rocking your hair while you are down there?!

@missgalaxy, welcome!  the pic is so that you can track your progress.  you don't have to post your face if you don't feel comfortable though - was that your concern?  i know you will have a lot of retention with this challenge. :-)

@muaythai, welcome!! your hair is gorge!  i think your hair issue will disappear with this challenge since it requires minimal heat. :-)  and i heart your wig!

@mskraizy, noice!!  your hair is fire en fuego!!  you go, girl, with all of that growth!

@shalaf, i'm with you!  sometimes frizz is a great thing. :-)

@runrun, love your twists! how long did they take?

@darlinnic, you're holding it down for the LT transitioners, girl! :-)

@cherry, it's funny you mentioned wet bunning...when i go swimming tomorrow/friday, i am going to try wet bunning too. will let you all know how it works out on my 4b/4c hair.
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 1:59am
@Heavy, Yes, please let us know how it goes. Wet Bunning has helped me retain length then any other methods. That's why I keep going back to it. Its simple, easy and do-able. Especially on days I don't feel like messing with my hair. 

Update: Just got some Aussie 3 min miracle. I used it on my mom hair. So Ill let you know how it turns out. I just co-washed before I saw it at walmart for 2.94.. So I knew I had to get it. I also got some spring valley HSN with added 1000mg biotin, and some more Vo5.
jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 6:27am
I've got in braided bantu knots for this first week. Trying to see if I can still get it straightened for picture purposes before its time to go back to school.
No picture but I posted a video on my youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDoa2KwVOQo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDoa2KwVOQo
@cherry89 molasses and honey: what's the recipe? How does that wash out?
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 12:48pm
Hey ladies! I have another update.

After wearing my hair in these twIsTs, I realized that I'm still unhappy with the fine strands and heat damage in my bang.
I put the twists in an updo (two french rolls going upward in the back, unraveled the front twists for a bang ). I hated it so I put on a Beanie. I washed, conditioned, and dc while in twists on Tuesday after I said I'd wait til today. I'm out here thuggin this style tho lol

I changed my mind about installing my own box braids, I'm too lazy. I'll pay someone to do them for me in February.

I still have a upart wig and closure that I could wear in a straight style for the rest of the month. I was trying to ween myself from weaves but I can let this hair ride thru the storm a little longer. I will install the closure and sew the tracks onto my head with a net. That should last me foe my vacation and the first couple weeks of school until I get my money up to pay someone for the braids.

Doing a cowash and braid pattern tonight which means no more twists. I'll try them again in march after I get some more thickness. Thinking about trying that horse conditioner MegaTek to gain thickness but it's so darn expensive.
MrsHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 1:15pm
Hello ladies I am so happy to start this year out right. Happy New Years to all!!!!
I will be getting my hair braided later tonight i have been bunning my hair and that's not good for me. So braids is what i will start with. I will take a picture of my hair before and after and measure my hair..
I plan on doing mayo-honey-egg yok treatment and blowdry then add castro oil to my scalp and hair before it's braided.Wink 
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 2:03pm
hi, ladies! 

@jadore, love the vid!  your bantu knots look so cute!

@shalaf, you do your own braid pattern?!  

so, here is how i rocked out w/ my hair today...same thing i described in my last post (flat twists into a pinned up twist out on the other side).

here's the front:

and here's the back.  if you squint, you can see the flat twist before the tuck Wink:

Edited by Heavy Rotation - Jan 03 2013 at 2:13pm
Lady Law86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Law86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 4:52pm
Im still in a sew-in. I will post a pic in about two weeks!
runrunrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runrunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:32pm

actually, it didnt feel like it took that long at all!

i kinda just breezed through it.

i might have been longer than i imagined it was...but it didnt feel like it.  i dont even know what time it was when i started them.

im trying to be as hands off with my hair as i can be...while still taking care of it and being mindful of it.  hopefully the low manipulation approach helps.  im going to edit my regimen in here, actually, since ive decided to make a few changes.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 81>
  Share Topic