Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MissGalaxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissGalaxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 12:08pm
I guess so! Lol even if they don't let you, you can do it on your own. That's what i think i will do because i don't feel comfortable posting pic if my natural hair

Originally posted by MuayThaiLadii MuayThaiLadii wrote:

AM i able to join? I need a tough love challenge while in Germany.

Hair goal for June 2013: To have healthy moisturized hair without alot of split ends and be either Full BSL or close to MB.

Current length and state of hair: I waiting to see if I can claim BSL ..I think I am there. I am natural (transitioned for 6 months ..been fully natural for 1.5 years)

PS of choice: Cornrows/french braids under a full lace wig

Detailed Regimen while in PS Since I'm in Germany its very simple cause I dont access to certain products. I will cowash every other day with moisturizing conditioner and will air dry. I normally mix that with grapeseed oil and everyday apply dove moisturizer on my sides that is left out to make my wig look more real. ITs really all about moisture with conditioner and water. I will take vitamins prenatal, SuperLysine and Echinacea everyday (might slip sometimes). SLeep in silk scarf

Biggest Hair Issue at the moment: The front of my hair because of the heat being used prior and it getting dry very fast.

Favorite Products Giovanni leave in (dont have here), Grapeseed oil, Coconut oil (dont have here), ganier moisturizing conditioner, aloe vera gel (not here).

these photos were taken at the end of Sept of this year the first pic is my own hair in cornrows for my wig and second is flat ironed. ENJOY and have a great new year

Sponsored Links

MrsHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 5:43pm
Hello trying to see if i'm included?
MrsHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 5:48pm
Never mind i saw the post. Yahooo I'm included...Clap
jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 5:59pm
@bajanbklyngirl  Thank you so much for the chart. I just saw it!
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 6:54pm
Babybug, I KNOW! I try to go that long without washing my hair but as soon as I go over the 1 week mark it's like my scalp is raging war with me or something! It'd be a dern miracle to make two weeks without a sore scalp from itching it so much.

@Bajan whoo! Thanks for that, it's nice to see everything all organized and together apart from searching through threads, and it'll be easier to keep up with everyone. Thank you! (and I filled in my missing bit too )

And Muay nice to see you jumping onboard! Your hair is gorgeous as always!

AND I HAVE AN UPDATE. I couldn't resist doing an end of the year official length check so I did and I'm surprisingly shocked at what I see.

Perhaps it's the angle of the camera but I seriously can't believe my hair looks this long! WOW. It's obvious I haven't been wearing my hair out too much these days and definitely haven't been stretching it to infinity like I used to, so I'm literally shocked to see that my hair has grown this much. When I began ps-ing constantly in January, I measured my length and this piece was 9.5 inches. Now it's 16! So all in all about 6.5 inches (really 7 if I hadn't trimmed in October). EEEEEK!!! Sorry ya'll I'm just so giddy and excited! In another inch I'll be MBL so I'll probably be making MBL alot sooner than I thought. But I'll still give Nelly enough time to get there and wait til April to offically claim anything. That means I "could" be waist length before 2013 is out.

But on a different note, I did shampoo my hair on Friday (I couldn't go three weeks like I wanted to) and retwisted the front half just last night. Took no time at all honestly so i think I can make this install last for two to three months like I hoped. We shall see.
bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 12:11am
@MissGalaxy I added you to the list. And is it that you don't feel comfortable posting a pic here or on the internet period?

@MuayThaiLadi I added you to the list

@mskraizy, jadorenaturality92 You're welcome
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 8:44am
Happy New Years!!!

@Galaxy, pretty hair and length.Clap

@Mrs. KRaziey, your hair long and thick, You'll be wsl real soon. You retain 6 1/2 inches last year!Clap You wasn't playing about retaining that length. Go Girly.LOL

Edited by Cherry89 - Jan 01 2013 at 8:48am
iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 12:53pm
HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES! Party

@bajan I Heart the Google doc! That was a great idea!

UPDATE: I took down my pinned twists on Sunday. I massaged my scalp, spritzed with water, applied EVOO, and steamed in the shower. Afterwards I applied a leave-in and bunned.

I just took my bun down and massaged again. I will moisturize, most likely bun. Then I'll re-twist and re-pin this weekend. I want to limit my retwisting - aiming for 2 or less times a month. I think pinning the twists for a week really helped preserve them  

LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN 
StarStarStar

Good Luck Ladies!

Edited by iskalay - Jan 01 2013 at 12:54pm
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:12pm
UPDATE: I took out the yarn braids and twisted each section as planned. I love the bounciness of my twists but they are so frizzy due to me twisting without product. It already needs washing so I didn't want any extra build up.

I made a conditioner mix with some ayurvedic powders (alma, brahmi, neem oil, orange, and kalpi tone). I'll probably use that on Thursday. I refridgerated the mix and added water and some vo5 to it and sealed it in a large conditoner bottle.

I think I will take the twists down on Thursday morning, finger detangle with conditioner, shampoo with giovanni 50/50 and do my conditioner mix for an hour. I'll then rinse and deep condition for 20 minutes under the steamer or hooded dryer with a cap.

I'll post pics of the twists through out the week for show lol i love my frizzy hair right now! Happy hair growth ladies.

Edited by shalafbabii - Jan 01 2013 at 2:14pm
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:16pm
Oh yea, I started back taking my daily multivitamin today but I don't have many left. I'll use my prenatal vitamins as a substitute when they run out.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 81>