Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:04pm
@ Heavy, thats funny because I was thinking about adding the banana too! lol, I just didn't have any ripe banana at home and the closest store banana wasn't ripe at all. Tell me how it goes.
Sponsored Links

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:42pm
PARTICIPANT LIST!!

CONFIRMED for the Challenge:
1. Heavy Rotation - info & pic - p.1
2. Cherry89 - info - p. 1; pic - due on Dec. 31 (unless you want to use an earlier one...)
3. bajanbklyngirl - info - p.1;  pic - p.10 
4. runrunrunner - info - p. 2; pic - p.3 
5. 902sexxi - info - p.7; MISSING PIC
6. Khivey - info - p.1; pic - p.20
7. mskraizy - info - p.2; pic - p.3
8. Nolelady12 - info - p.3; pic - p.18
9. darlinnic - info & pic - p.4
10. AmberColour - info - p.7; MISSING PIC
11. Mrs.Rob - info - p.7; pic - p.20
12. littlebabybug - info - p. 8; pic - p.12
13. shalafbabii - info - p.9/17; MISSING PIC
14. iskalay - info - p.10; pic - p.16
15. nubiennze - info - p.14; pic - p.20
16. savannavanna - info & pic - p.19
17. catrice26 - info - p.18; pic - p.21
18. ashleyano - info & pic - p.18
19. Lady Law86 - info - p.19; MISSING PIC 
20. MrsHoney - info & pic - p.20 
21. jadorenaturality92 - info & pic - p.20
22. s007rrt - info - p.6; pic - p.6
23. assiyrabomb - info & pic - p.8
24. BaddieMiyn - info & pic - p.2
25. CiaNichole - info - p.1; pic - p.3
26. naynay455 - info - p.3; pic - p.4
27. KunoichiNindroid - info - p.1; pic - p.6
28. iBetYouhNvNika - info & pic - p.14
29. bizchick86 - info & pic - p.17

STILL HAVE TO CONFIRM PARTICIPATION AND PROVIDE INFORMATION:
1.. Warriorgurl233 - info - p.5; MISSING PIC
2. JennJenn224 - info - p.6; MISSING PIC
3. iBenn -  MISSING INFO AND PIC
4. CrunderNaccis - info - p.13; MISSING PIC
5. soarlikecruz - info - p.16; MISSING PIC

If I have gotten anything wrong, please just let me know.  

Remember that we need your starting info and pic (the pic is really so that you can gauge the difference in your hair at the end of the challenge) before Jan. 1.  The info is so that we can get to know you (your hair) better, and so that you can put on paper your reggie, likes, dislikes, etc. that can be tweaked throughout the challenge, as needed.

I just steamed with my homemade dc (banana, avocado, olive oil, honey)...after a good bent clay wash.  life is good! :-)

The Challenge officially begins in less than 3 days, ladies!!! :-D
iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:51pm
Welp...definitely failed my plans today...did nothing to my hair lol

Gonna spritz, tie it down, and see how my plans go tomorrow 
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 10:12pm
@ Heavy,
I'm glad your hair liked the dc.
Yep,I will just use the older one when I flat-ironed. Thanks ;)

My hair is in a wet bun, after I co-washed with molasses and honey. I forgot to get the avocados and mayo from the store. So I will try to do it Wed. 

Edited by Cherry89 - Dec 29 2012 at 10:21pm
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:37am
Originally posted by mskraizy mskraizy wrote:

Thanks ladies! People have been asking me all week if this was my real hair. ONE DAY it WILL be!!! lol

Tomorrow will make a week of em and they're already fuzzing and frizzing, but that's partly because when I keep in styles like this, I mist it with water/leave in mix, and oil and massage the scalp on a nightly basis. My styles never stay looking fresh because of that, but in the end I get a lot of great growth and my hair looks healthier coming out of a protective style, so I'm not particularly "frazzled" by it looking old within a week.

Since I'm back to working out again (trying to stay on track this time...) It's necessary that I wash it at least weekly, I was gonna try to go a month but my scalp will NOT let that happen. I'll wash tomorrow, retwist the edges and see how that fares out. 3 more days til we officially start ladies!

yeah, i keep trying to go for at least a week between washes but my scalp will have nothing of it. it don't play. so i think i'm gonna stick with once per 4-5 days. thought i was the only one! i keep hearing all these folks on here talkin bout they can go for min. of 2 wks between washes up to a month, and i get downright angry. that's soooo not fair!Angry
CrunderNaccis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CrunderNaccis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 3:28am
Originally posted by CrunderNaccis CrunderNaccis wrote:

Ok thanks Heavy Rotation. I'm joining 

Hair Goal for June, 2013: Healthy hair, and at least 4 inches of growth

Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): About 2/3 inches of hair. Natural

PS of Choice: Wigs/half wigs and Senegalese twist/ Box Braids 

Detailed Regimen while in PS: In Wigs. Wash my hair once a week
Co wash twice a week 
Deep condish once a week 
And add moisture at least 4 times a week 

In Braids, Spray daily with my spritz
Wash a week

Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: Before it was breakage at the ends but I chop it all off. Dryness and SSKs

Favorite Product: 
Kinky curly leave in
JBCO
Henna
Avocado Oil
Jessi curl deep conditioner
Herbal Essence Honey Im strong condish ( My new favourite)

I should get my alma and olive cream by qhemet biologics pretty soon. Hopefully I would be in favourite list. 

My starting pic. 

I confirming that I would take part in this challenge. My hair has been in senegalese twist for like a week now. I'm ready !!!!!!!!!!
bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 9:18am
PLEASE READ

Call this being bored since I am done with school or I am trying to be helpful but I made a Google Docs for this challenge. It is a spreadsheet of all the info for each participant.

LINK HERE
(the link is also in my sig below, so whenever you need to see it, just look for one of my posts)

There are some problems with some people and I indicated next to your username bold and red under the applicable column.

I made it so everyone who has the link can edit it. But if you don't feel like it or can't you can shoot me a PM and I will change it myself.

Hope this Helps, Can't Until Challenge officially starts

jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:20am
I blew my hair out and did a braid out that I'm wearing to church today. Gonna get my hair flat ironed to start off the new year and this challenge. Have a wonderful day ladies!

savannavanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannavanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 11:41am
@heavy thank you Smile and the company is SUPER, as in this month, new. i think it was just late/early and i wasn't thinking clearly lol. i'll fall back until i can get some more info out of the company and can do research on alternatives

@darlinnic see, sometimes i have these delusions of grandeur. i don't make decisions in my life, my wallet does Embarrassed i'll look into a cv for later in the year

@bajan that mustve taken time, girl. thank you! as a fellow 'out of school'-er. i envy your initiative lol

hair update: ive worn my flat ironed hair down or in a ponytail for work for the past couple of days. i'll be bunning until this upcoming weekend. then i'll do a wash and install my 1st set of marley twists.

Edited by savannavanna - Dec 30 2012 at 12:51pm
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:43pm
I'm still in my yarn braids. I'm itching to take them out because I don't really like how they turned out. I was being lazy during the installation *shrugs* I think I'm going to take these out through the course of this week starting in the middle so I can bun them until they're all the way out. I'll twist, moisturize, and seal each section of hair as I take them out.

After that's done, I'll take the twist out on the 9th or 10th of January and rock a bun for that weekend and probably that whole week of school. (We start on the 14th of jan). Ill steam+dc but I'm trying to get into the habit of washing no more than twice a month.
Around or before the 20th I'll get a professional trim (all my self trims are fails) and go into synthetic box braids because my hair will have a week or two week break but I'll be bunning during that break from braids.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 81>
  Share Topic