Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 1:41pm
Great start ladies!! Tongue 
update: Hair still in  a regular bun. Co-washing tonight with molasses and honey. Also I prob will go to kroger to pick up some avocados and organic mayonnaise for a light protein deep condition.
Sponsored Links

Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 11:44pm
took my braids out today, my hair is definitely retaining length. I detangled with conditioner, shampooed, did a protein treatment, and used my shea moisture conditioner and sealed with castor oil. I also clipped my ends, my hair feels great.

Edited by Catrice26 - Dec 29 2012 at 12:06am
savannavanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannavanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 12:10am
While browsing thru the inter-webs i came across youtuber alex elle (of the goodhairblog.com)'s new video featuring "heat free hair". Basically its just kinky curly hair but i like that they have a pattern that's geared towards the kinkier end of the spectrum. I have 4c hair and i'm tired of trying to blend my weaves, but i love sew ins because I do actually gain a good deal of length overall.

However they're a new company and i don't necessarily wanna be anyone's guinea pig. What say you, ladies....?

(Oh, and I know should probably post this in the weaves or naturals section but I can't start a new topic yet. Since I'm trying to use it as a protective style for this challenge, I figured I'd see if you ladies had any thoughts or opinions to offer.)

Edited by savannavanna - Dec 29 2012 at 12:11am
savannavanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannavanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 12:12am
@catrice seems like youre off to a great start for the challenge! can't wait to see you hair flourish Smile
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 2:50am
Hi, Ladies!!  COUNTDOWN to the start of this challenge (and the New Year)!!

Later today, I will list the names of all of the participants in this challenge and if you are still in, just say CONFIRM.  If you have been posting regularly, you don't have to confirm, I will put a CONFIRMED next to your name.  This way, we will have a better idea of who is officially in this challenge.

I'm hyped, y'all.  Let's get it, ladies.  Woot!

In hair news, can I tell you how awful my hair felt today?! I used Koils by Nature's leave in, and it was a terrible look for the home team.  my hair literally felt like straw.  i will give it one more shot and see if it was my technique.  if it doesn't work after that, it's out of here!

@savanna, welcome!!  you have super pretty hair!  with the weave, are there any reviews on the company, their service, or the hair they offer?  i have heard of finger comber, which apparently offers similar textured kinky hair...a few you tubers have done reviews.  have you heard of this hair?

@lady law, heeeeeey, girl!!!  welcome back!!  how have you been, and how has the hair been keepin'?

@catrice/cherry, thanks, ladies! i have been looking for a simple water/humectant spray that i can put together on vacations, etc.   beautiful hair, btw, catrice!  cherry, you talking about your dc reminded me that i want to do a homemade banana/avocado dc...so after swimming today, it will be all natural stuff for the dc.... :-)

@mskraizy, i work out daily too and washing weekly is a must.  and there are some days that i wash mid-week (that has only happened a couple of times though)....so i feel you!

@nubiennze, sounds like a great plan. keep us posted on how the henna goes.  i'm interested in trying it a little later on.

@run, are you going to wear the twist out?  i am thinking of doing some mini twists for the new year too.  all this swimming has me rethinking that though....

@mrshoney, welcome!!  what kinds of braids will you be wearing?  

@mrsrob, your hair looks great!!  i remember all of the issues you were having earlier this year with your hair...so congrats!!! all of your hard work looks like it has paid off!!! :-D

@jadore, welcome!!  your hair looks great!  you're in a year long ps challenge?  that's dope, girl!!

@khivey, GREAT progress!! you go, girl!
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 5:29am
@savanna have you seen those prices? Fail

I'm sure you can get a cv to do a nice kinky curly for you
iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:16am
Heeey everyone! The challenge officially starts in 3 days!

UPDATE: I'll be taking down my pinned twists today. Because I have a busy week coming up and I've started my 5K training (finished week 2 this morning Approve) I think I will be re-pinning. It's such a hands off style and it's what I need right now.
Today's Hair to-do: 
1. Take out pins
2. Spritz lightly with water/glycerin/RHSO  (rose hip seed oil) mix
3. Massage scalp with coconut oil (hopefully picking some up today, if not, I'll use EVOO)
4. Re-pin into spirals
*If I get more hair pins, I may also split some of the twists to make them smaller so the style is less spacey.

In other news:  Even though I workout 4x a week, I still won't be increasing my washes to weekly. I'm gonna stick to bi-weekly (or monthly if I can). I've found that the less I was my hair, the better off it is.

What style is everyone else beginning the challenge with?

nubiennze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nubiennze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by iskalay iskalay wrote:

What style is everyone else beginning the challenge with?

I was planning to venture out into the land of U-parts--I've been wearing half wigs--but your post reminds me why I wanted braids: the versatility to pull them back and get them out of the way. Those wigs get hot! LOL Plus a U-part means even more leave out (likely set on rollers or rods) to sweat out...

Maybe I'll just have to work out with a cap over my struggle cornrows, lol.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 5:06pm
Justcheckingin.
I'm here and there, LOL.
I've just been wearing old wigs.
But I'm still deciding which company I should get some human hair wigs from
or if I'll just make a few.
Decisions, decisions.Dead
runrunrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runrunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 5:12pm

no twist outs for me!  ive decided that im not doing any "out" styles.  i finally got all of my mini twists out a little while ago...ugh!  lol

im gonna hit the shower in a bit to wash and do the whole shebang.  :) 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 81>