Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 1:15pm
^^^ MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

You've inspired me to do yet another style... I love the pinned twists but idk how it will look on me. why not try it... even if I don't like it I can tolerate it for a few days and wear the twist in a pin curled do when I let them out of bobby pins. I've been itching to cut my hair too so I'M LOVING THAT STYLE!
Sponsored Links

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:14pm
happy christmas to those observing and to everyone else, happy holidays!

i'm in 5 plaits.  they are pinned under...after washing, i have been doing these plaits for a braid out for a couple of hours if i have to go anywhere and then i am back into the plaits.  i need to figure out how i am going to swim and protect my hair.  washing in the big twists was easy, but the tangles are bananas after drying.  i would have to detangle every time i washed to get rid of them...which is now twice a week!  too much!  i am going to work it out.

@iskalay, big heart that hair style, girl!  it's so creative AND protective!

@bajan, i can't see your pics or even the place to put in a password. :-(

@bizchick, welcome!!  great growth there!  have you ever tried darcy's botanicals?  they have a great leave in that is light, but does a great job (it's one of my staples).

@cherry, i'm intrigued with the honey.  what are your proportions for the moisturizer?

@shalaf, i heart scalp massages.  do you do them with any oils?
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:31pm
Everyone's hair is looking so gorgeous! We're all gonna be impressed come the end of this challenge!

@Heavy, all I did was french roll each side to the back and bring them together in a ponytail, then roll the hair underneath and bobby pin it. It was so easy!! You may need a bobby pin to hold one side as you french roll the other though...
@Cherry, your hair is gorgeous and thick, you did a great job!!
@Iskalay, nice pinup! Perhaps it wouldn't look so sparsed if you had done the twist a bit smaller, but I think that's a cute style for you!
@Amber...... I was waitin on them pics too! Happy wigging girl, you're gonna get some great growth!
@Bizchick and Shalaf, beautiful hair ladies!

@Soar, my ends are my biggest issue too. But I'm starting to think I got that "Lead Hair Syndrome" that everyone keeps passing about. Something coined by Chicoro, cause I don't experience breakage, they just look thinned! UGH I HATE THAT! I originally planned to do another trim at the end of this month, but perhaps I'll wait and let it keep growing until April. I'm almost scared to flat iron my hair now, I would really loathe to see that I have "see through" ends.

But anyways, Marley Twists are finally in effect! These pics were taken at the end of day 3 before moisturizing the hair, and then oiling and massaging my scalp. I try to do that on a daily basis whenever I have a protective style like this in (with parted rows I mean). Overall, I love them, took my a little over three hours and three full packs of marley braid hair. I said I wanted to stretch these for three months for the entire install. I don't know how I figured that but we shall see how that fares out.....

shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 6:38pm
@HeavyRotation yes I am using the Dabur brand of Alma oil when massaging and I LOVE it... the smell I can do without but that's for any Indian products IMO.

@mskraizy thanks and I love the twists!! 
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:42pm
Hair Goal for June, 2013: Armpit Length
Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): SL/CBL and Natural
PS of Choice: wigs/braids
Detailed Regimen while in PS: I plan to keep my hair braided under a wig. I will detangle with conditioner, shampoo, and deep condition my hair. When i braid my hair initially I put on a hair lotion and seal with castor oil. I also plan to spray my braids with my curl activator spray twice a day. I also will only where my wig when I'm out of the house
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: tangles and single strand knots
Favorite Product: sheamoisture retention conditioner as a leave in/hair lotion, castor oil, and any spray that is mostly water and glycerin

will post a picture this weekend when i wash my hair

Edited by Catrice26 - Dec 25 2012 at 9:47pm
bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

happy christmas to those observing and to everyone else, happy holidays!

@bajan, i can't see your pics or even the place to put in a password. :-(

yeah I know, I locked it, if you want me to re-open it, just ask. I just don't want to leave it permanently open.
Ashleyano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:47am
i'm inSmile
PS of Choice: wigs,twists, buns
Detailed Regimen while in PS:  cowash every three days. DC once a week. oil with vit. e daily. 
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: its thin Disapprove
Favorite Product: vitamin e oil 
 excuse the white residue in pics- i was dcing

NoleLady12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoleLady12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 9:24am
Originally posted by NoleLady12 NoleLady12 wrote:

Hair Goal for June, 2013: MBL
Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): BSL; Relaxed
PS of Choice: Weaves (U-Parts)
Detailed Regimen while in PS: Wash and deep condition 2-3x monthly; moisturize and seal with a thick, creamy moisturizer and JBCO before braiding hair for u-part install. Buns in between installs.
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: None really--my hair is the healthiest it's ever been thanks to protective styling! I'm just greedy and want stupid long hair LOL
Favorite Product: Jamaican Black Castor Oil, hands-down!!!

I'll post my starting picture before January 1.

Starting Picture (after a trim--taken December 25, 2012):

iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 9:35am
@Shalaf Go for it! I hated the pinned style as I was doing it, but after spritizing, tying it down, and sleeping on it...I loved it! And you're right, if you don't like it pinned, you can always wear the twists curly or have a curly twist out

@Mskraizy I thought the same thing, so next time I do the pinned style I'm going to try them a little smaller or try pinning them differently. I love your Marley Twists btw!
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 11:54pm
hi, ladies!  rocked the braid out for a few hours today and then put it in one big braid.  i like the look and will do it again tomorrow.  i will take a pic of it tomorrow.

new product alert - darcy's botanicals cocoa bean whip - i have used it a few times now and am a big fan so far.  will try to do my twists with it....am putting them in next week, i think.

@mskraizy, thanks! that is what i thought, but wasn't sure.  will try it very soon. love those twists!  they look so natural!

@catrice, welcome!!  i love glycerin.  what are the proportions of your water/glycerin spray?

@bajan, yes, would love to see your pics if you are still showing them. :-)

@ashley, welcome!!  what do you dc with?

@nolelady, beautiful hair!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style