To join, please give the following information and upload your starting pic (BEFORE JANUARY 1):
Hair Goal for June, 2013: Full APL
Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed):
-95% natural. I texlaxed about an inch wide 2 inch long section of leave out for a middle part but will transition that to natural.
PS of Choice: alternate with flat twist/updo twist out/homemade wig when I want it straight
Detailed Regimen while in PS: still experimenting since this is my first time in yeearrs I'll be wearing my natural, non weaved, non relaxed hair out. Most likely:
1. Pre poo with KeraCare creme conditioner overnight before wash day
2. wash/clarify with baking soda/acv every other week, and immediately style with flat twist using Elasta QP Mango Butter and eco styler olive oil gel. Wear for one week.
3. Moisturize flat twists as needed with my BioInfusion olive oil hair lotion. Not sure yet how much moisture my hair can take before it gets product build up (which it gets easily). So probably moisturize every other day
4. Unravel flat twists and rock in an updo for one week
5. Repeat (with an occasional rocking of my wig when I want it straight)
*My hair will only touch a comb twice a month on wash days. I'm going for the jugular on this challenge!!
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment:
Balancing dryness with product build up. My hair is extremely dry. It's also medium fine and porous. So it needs plenty moisture, but practically any conditioning treatment creates gunk on my hair. I have yet to find that balance!
Don't know yet, since my hair is breathing for the first time in a long time. But my hair loves basic ass H20!! Water is the only thing that reeallly makes my hair soft without being mushy. At the same time, I can't keep my hair wet and shrunken (b/c then it tangles and doesn't grow). I need to find a really light moisturizer that retains the moisture with minimal buildup.
Starting pic is on far right. On the left was Jan 2012 then May 2012