Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 82>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 6:57am
The final was ok, it was an intermediate English course final and I figured either I understood what we read at this point or I didn't. Good thing I did understand.

Hair came out ok. I guess I didn't do a good time detangling when I cut off my relaxed ends (or it could be b/c I didn't use a leave-in that time) but I have somewhat defined curls. I feel like I got the best of both worlds, a decent curl pattern and the ability to have an afro. (excuse my fangirling over my own hair, lol)
Sponsored Links

littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 9:10am
Originally posted by bajanbklyngirl bajanbklyngirl wrote:

The final was ok, it was an intermediate English course final and I figured either I understood what we read at this point or I didn't. Good thing I did understand.

Hair came out ok. I guess I didn't do a good time detangling when I cut off my relaxed ends (or it could be b/c I didn't use a leave-in that time) but I have somewhat defined curls. I feel like I got the best of both worlds, a decent curl pattern and the ability to have an afro. (excuse my fangirling over my own hair, lol)

fangirling totally allowed. preferable over the opposite: the neverending relentless tirades of "ooohhh i HATE my GODAWFUL CUUUURRRRLLL PATTERN. IT's too (insert: Kinky/coily/curly)!" Wink

Im poking at myself on this one. i go through that at least once a month, which is actually a decrease from where it used to be when i first started trying to relearn my hair- once a day LOL
assiyrabomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiyrabomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 7:56pm
Hello everyone!!

So my hair is on fire right now...so itchy uggh. I'm going to wash it and then reinstall this U-Part this weekend so it can be fresh for Christmas. Happy Holidays!
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 10:24pm
hi, ladies.  happy friday! so, with all of this swimming, i realized that i need to keep my hair in an easy, but protective style. last night, i put my hair in 4 braids, with half of each braid twisted.  i took them down today to go get my nails done...and i had a bomb braid/twist out!  am doing it again tomorrow since i have swimming again and have to meet a friend for high tea. :-D  will take pics if it is a hit.  i am alternating between the koils by nature shealoe leave in and the purabodynaturals leave in...not sure which one is better yet...the purabodynaturals leave in gave me the look today, but it felt a little dry in spots...not sure if that was because i didn't apply my butter afterwards.  right now, with the shealoe leave in and my butter, my hair is feeling sweet.  will see how my hair feels in the morning.

@mskraizy - love your styles!!  please explain how you did the second one!

@nubien - love steaming. i think it has done amazing goodness for my hair.  you are making me realize that i have not steamed in about a month...with all of this swimming!  that is definitely on the agenda this weekend.

@assiyra - show us your new u-part!
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 1:47am
Okay, I just relaxed today.. Siting under the hair dryer now with my DC in. I used Creme of nature ( Argan oil ) Relaxer. I also added olive oil to my relaxer. So far my hair came out soft ans shiny. I also will be applying the two step aphogee protein packs after my DC. I don't have any rollersets so I will wrap my hair and flat-iron tomorrow for a Tru length Check. Happy Holidays!!
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 10:26am
Here are the photos.. Keep in mind I did do this myself.. So It wasn't all flowing and fresh like out the Dominican salonLOL.. My ends where still kinda rough at the ends.. Now I want to start rollersetting for sucess now.. My hair thrive when It is straighten and monitor.. I also will no longer go over 10 weeks to relax.. my hair breaks to easily when I do that,

iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 9:29pm
STARTING PICS & STARTING STYLE (hopefully) - ALL OF THESE PICS ARE POST TRIM ON FRESHLY TWISTED HAIR

One of the reasons I joined this challenge: I hate how sparse my hair looks Dead I believe it thinned out due to long strand breakage caused by lack of care, but hopefully this challenge will help me regain some thickness (especially along my hairline).

Image on the right is shrunken after spritzing with water + glycerin, covering with shower cap, and taking a hot shower. I 100% prefer the pic on the right.

Again with the sparseness Dead

The style I'm wearing now. I've been itching for a low cut (which is really weird for me), so I decided to trial run it. I'd love to see what it looks like with some hair accessories (but accessories are still on my list of things to get Ermm)

The top and back. It didn't come out exactly how I pictured (I was picturing less spaciness), but I still kinda like it. After I spritzed it I tied it down and I'll see what ti looks like in the AM.

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 9:53pm
lovely start ladies.
soarlikecruz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soarlikecruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 12:48am
I'm in

Hair Goal for June, 2013: I wanna be just below bra strap.
Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): I'm A little past apl now (by about a half inch or so) but i don't think I'll be close enough to reach MBl by then. I'm natural
PS of Choice:Twists and extension braids and buns
Detailed Regimen while in PS: I've written it down, I have to go find it and post it later, I'm too lazy to get up right now, lol
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment:Probably, my ends... They can get tangled if they're not twisted and moisturized regularly. They feel kind of weak and rough sometimes. I actually just gave myself a small trim all over, probably not even a full half inch. Just enough to get rid of the knotted ends and ssk
Favorite Product: Olive oil... I use it in everything. And the vo5... but I really can't remember if they have a selection to choose from here right now

Ok I had a photo, but I'm not liking how photobucket is acting right now... i need a new host home

savannavanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannavanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 1:16am
I want in! I'll be getting a flat iron and trim in a few days so I'll be back to post stats and my starting pic then!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 82>