Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:53am
Did a random 3am co-wash. (I needed it) Just finished up right now

Co-washed w/ V05 Champagne Kiss
Rinse with Victoria's Secret Healthy & Hydrated conditioner

learning that the same problem spot I had when i was relaxed is still a problem spot, it is also the spot where my scalp gets sore. It's more of an annoyance than a problem at this point, I am not getting any extra breakage or shedding because of it.

I used KC Knot Today as a leave-in on damp hair, so I will see how it comes out.

I really don't have that long for it to dry as I gotta be out the house at 8AM. I know it won't be fully dry by then so I will be wearing my scarf to class to take my final

Random: I took a pic with my hair fully washed, pre-leave-in. It seems like I am so mixed textured it's not funny but either way from a far it looks largely 4b/c. I thought my hair was mostly 4a but indeed I was wrong. Loving my hair either way.
Sponsored Links

bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 4:00am
Originally posted by CrunderNaccis CrunderNaccis wrote:

I was right. The alma and olive heavy cream is just awesome. I look forward to try more qhemet's products in the future. 

I was thinking about trying this. I was reading the site and it says it's for thick, coarse hair but my hair is somewhat fine...do you find that it is as heavy as the name implies?

If so I think I might get the Burdock Root Butter Cream
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 7:08am
Originally posted by mskraizy mskraizy wrote:

Wow Heavy, sorry to hear about the mishap with the wash'n go. I hate that too, but I found if I run my hair under water and finger detangle it, it's not really that hard to detangle thoroughly afterwards. I just don't do them cause I hate first day hair, but the other days are okay. lol Glad to hear about your homemade gel! Is it flaxseed gel?

@littlebabybug, your hair is GORGEOUS. Love the coils, I may try your finger wrap method cause the comb didn't work for me. My hair would start shrinking up the minute I came down and to make it even more ironic, my coils wouldn't hold...? They would loosen a lot at the roots and the ends with hold and my curls (specially in the back) are fairly tight so I don't know why they unraveled so much. Ehh well, your progress is fantastic!

On the up and up, I'm learning (and loving) roll, tuck, and pin styles! Tried my first one the other day, been wearing it ever since. I need to try more but bobby pins just don't hold my hair like they hold for everyone else. I need HUGE ones. Probably why I never do RTP's, but the one I do know how to do is cool. Hopefully by next week, i'll be able to do these doggone marley twists hair. I have not found *Thee* hair I was looking for but just might go with the Equal brand I saw in my local beauty supply. I just need to do something to this hair, anything ya'll!

thanks! yeah, they take a bit of experimentation to find the best method. I'm glad you tried it! 
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 9:15am
trimmed today after rinsing out my DC. took about an inch in one of the crown areas- now it's about 8 inches. It was feeling a lil rough, and i'd apparently missed that section when i cut last month. Decided to get in some last minute snipping before the challenge officially begins. My hair is now in chunky twists, contained inside a butterfly/jaw clip. woot woot. i'm thinking about keeping it in as a style til...maybe Sunday or Monday. We'll see how my scalp feels about that LOL
iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 12:17pm
Lesson Learned: Don't do a dry pre-poo after 2 weeks of wearing un-moisturized flat twists. There will be breakage! Cry But glad I got my spray bottle (so what if it only holds 2ozTongue). So I'll be trying the flat twist style again, but this time I'll be able to spritz moisture in when needed. 

In other news: Getting ready to actually do the wash (peppermint castile soap with EVOO) then deep condition with a cholesterol/oil mix. 

Note to self: Get new shears and do a trim before the challenge starts January 1 and take starting pics
CrunderNaccis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunderNaccis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by bajanbklyngirl bajanbklyngirl wrote:

Originally posted by CrunderNaccis CrunderNaccis wrote:

I was right. The alma and olive heavy cream is just awesome. I look forward to try more qhemet's products in the future. 

I was thinking about trying this. I was reading the site and it says it's for thick, coarse hair but my hair is somewhat fine...do you find that it is as heavy as the name implies?

If so I think I might get the Burdock Root Butter Cream

Yes. The alma cream is thick ! But it is recommended to use the root butter cream if you have fine hair.  
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 5:23pm
Hey all!
I'm just "checking" in...
My hair is doing well. I'm getting ready to do some genie locs.
I'm starting them tomorrow, and I'm cutting the strands today.
Whether I finish in one day or not, well Idk about that yet...Sleepy
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 5:54pm
hi, ladies!  off to swimming..still in my big twists.  going to wash when i get back in about an hour and a half.  when i get back, depending on how late it is, i am seriously contemplating coils!  will take a pic if i do them.

@ibet and nubien - WELCOME! :-D

@bajan, i hope your final went well!

@iskalay, i love little spritz water bottles.  i use everything in it! :-)

@crunder, i found that cream soooo greasy!  it was awful.  i love jbco, but this stuff felt greasy and left spots all over the furniture wherever i put my head.  i kept thinking something was wrong with me since everyone loved it, but, alas, it is just not my cup o' tea.

@amber, good luck!!
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 9:54pm
@Cherry, they're just random updos that you use bobby pins for. Roll, tuck, and pins are like the "non-committal" protective style that you can take out every night, like french rolls and such. Thas all. I just haven't been too good with'em cause my hair loves to pop out of bobby pins like it has no freakin sense!!! So I normally just stick with bunning but herelately, I've been a little creative.....and patient. Here are some of my examples:

@AmberColour, you must post pics!!!!! I love genie locs they're like my staple. But Imma bout to try the marley twists instead but yes, give me some loc fever!
nubiennze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nubiennze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:26am
Finally cowashed & DCed today. I sat in the steam room for 30 minutes and left my DC on while I showered, and let me tell you, when I rinsed...it was like BUTTA. I kept rinsing and rinsing thinking there had to be some conditioner left, lol. My fingers glided right through my curls...it was like nothing I've ever experienced before, especially considering that I used the exact same method (my cassia-infused oil mix + SM Purification Masque) over the weekend minus the steaming.

I've tried to bootleg steam (hot towels, humidifiers, etc.) but never achieved such a noticeable difference. As an added bonus, even my skin was super soft without having to immediately lotion up to avoid instant ash, lol. I can't wait to get an actual hair steamer and make this a permanent part of my regimen...I'm totally sold.

I roller set w/ a few dollops of Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel (love this stuff) diluted in distilled water + grapeseed oil + Nubian Heritage Heat Protect LI. Under the dryer now...can't wait to see how this set turns out. Smile

(I can't believe after all this work I'm still going to have to spend the weekend braiding...trying not to think about it, lol. Maybe I'll wig it until after Christmas...!)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 81>