Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 8:31pm

@cherry.... here's a pic of my old roll tuck pin style on a poofy blowout rushed for work style

basically you roll a section of hair around ur fingers, tuck it under and pin it to secure. hence u have a roll tuck and pin style

Edited by naynay455 - Dec 17 2012 at 8:38pm
Sponsored Links

Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:01pm
^^^That is really cute!! Love the thickness... I want to learn how to do that! are their any tutorials? 
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:45pm
you tube. here's one i just found that gives u the general idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCtGN8UFXKY

Edited by naynay455 - Dec 17 2012 at 10:24pm
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:56pm
[QUOTE=naynay455]
@cherry.... here's a pic of my old roll tuck pin style on a poofy blowout rushed for work style

basically you roll a section of hair around ur fingers, tuck it under and pin it to secure. hence u have a roll tuck and pin style[/QUOTE

how gorgeous! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by runrunrunner runrunrunner wrote:

i definitely havent been getting AS MUCH unraveling with my twists as i did when i washed them loose.  the braids help keep them together a bit more. 

ive had a few unravels, but not as many as ive had in the past. 

i try to braid the sections pretty tightly

i might even consider starting to put a band or something at the roots & ends to further help reduce unraveling...dunno if it'll work...but maybe.  the only thing i worry about with that is my hair getting stuck in it! 

lol i hear you there. that would most definitely be counterproductive. Okay. next time i try twists i'll try braiding them to see if that works for me. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

hi, ladies! happy sunday!  yesterday, i went swimming and then washed my hair after.  dc'ed with sheamoisture anti-breakage dc.  i got the smart idea to do a wash and go with my home made gel.  great news: gel worked very well.  bad news: okay, why did no one remind me of the tangles that come with a wash and go?! i completely forgot.  will not be doing that again for a very, very long time!  am washing my hair tonight...just a water rinse and then adding dc again.  then, going to do my coils with my homemade gel! :-)

@cherry, i can't wait to use that dc - i leave it on overnight and my hair feels amazing when i rinse it out.  will probably do it during the week.  i am learning how to swim.  i took basic lessons years ago, but am not good so i finally decided to get good.  i love being in the water.  it's such a work out. i work out daily, but this swimming thing kicks my butt!

@littlebabybug, your hair is beautiful!  thanks sooo much for the info and tips. i am going to try to coil my hair tonight.  will take pics.  i want to do them biggish b/c i am swimming again this week and will have to take them out to wash.  plus, this is my first time so let me start a little bigger. tee hee. will let you know how it goes.  and yes, love swimming!  i would love to swim daily, but that's way too much washing for the hair!

@crunder, welcome!!  not too late to join. we don't "officially" start going until Jan.1.  just post your info before then and you're in! :-D

Amen to the bergundy! And ditto to the blue. Please do, to the green! My pleasure, to the purp purp lol. 

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:37pm
@nay, beautiful style!

@littlebabybug, love the shorthand. lolol!

backed out on the coils...was too late when i was going to get started.  will maybe try tomorrow when i wash after swimming. i have my hair in big twists.  used purabody naturals leave in - it's really, really good s far!  then i put db's honey twisting cream and jc's nourish and shine on top of it...and of course my jbco.  my hair is springy and moisturized. :-)

the purabody was a black friday deal!  love!
CrunderNaccis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunderNaccis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:49pm
I was right. The alma and olive heavy cream is just awesome. I look forward to try more qhemet's products in the future. 
nubiennze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nubiennze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:51pm
I want in. Embarrassed

Hair Goal for June, 2013:

Healthy ends and as much length retention as possible--ideally at least 2.5"

Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed):

Natural EL/NL, I guess

PS of Choice:

Braids (crochet braids, faux locs, cornrows under wigs)

Detailed Regimen while in PS: 
  • Cleanse, DC, & moisturize 2x/week (midweek - cowash; weekend - shampoo; I may supplement this with daily rinsing & moisturizing as the weather gets warmer and/or between installs while I'm wigging)
  • "Dry" baggy nightly
  • I'm planning to treat myself to a steamer this Christmas so I can incorporate that into my DC sessions
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment:

SPLITS--ends, mid-strand, you name it. Extremely wiry lo-po hair + loose, unstretched kinks & bends + laziness = Confused

Favorite Product:

Water!

I'm going to rollerset and flat iron for an aggressive trim before I install my faux locs so I won't have to do monthly mini-chops throughout the challenge. (It's probably best that way anyway so splits don't have time to travel up the shaft. I'm still going to maintain quarterly [March 21 & June 21] for preventative purposes, though--no more than .25" at a time.) I'll do a length check and take pics then.
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 2:47am
Hair Goal for June, 2013: Full apl

Current Length and State of Hair: Full shoulder length stretched, natural

PS of Choice: Weaves & wigs

Detailed Regimen while in PS: I wash with sauves Almond & shea butter. I dc weekly with ors replenishing pack. Oil my scalp 3x a week with bliss du jour

Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: Split ends & slow growth

Favorite Product: Sauve almond & shea butter shampoo & conditioner.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 81>