Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 82>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shalafbabii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shalafbabii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 11:40pm
Yes I do my own braid pattern lol! My scalp is tender so I can't deal with other people being rough on my head.
Sponsored Links

CrunderNaccis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunderNaccis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 12:13am
I need a new shampoo. 
MuayThaiLadii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuayThaiLadii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:18am
Heavy Rotation - thank you much ....I feel confident this challenge will help me and also since im over here in germany i dont have time to fiddle with my hair because its hard to find products. I wasnt able to see pics (could be my tablet :/)
MuayThaiLadii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuayThaiLadii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 8:04am
Originally posted by mskraizy mskraizy wrote:

Babybug, I KNOW! I try to go that long without washing my hair but as soon as I go over the 1 week mark it's like my scalp is raging war with me or something! It'd be a dern miracle to make two weeks without a sore scalp from itching it so much.

@Bajan whoo! Thanks for that, it's nice to see everything all organized and together apart from searching through threads, and it'll be easier to keep up with everyone. Thank you! (and I filled in my missing bit too )

And Muay nice to see you jumping onboard! Your hair is gorgeous as always!

AND I HAVE AN UPDATE. I couldn't resist doing an end of the year official length check so I did and I'm surprisingly shocked at what I see.

Perhaps it's the angle of the camera but I seriously can't believe my hair looks this long! WOW. It's obvious I haven't been wearing my hair out too much these days and definitely haven't been stretching it to infinity like I used to, so I'm literally shocked to see that my hair has grown this much. When I began ps-ing constantly in January, I measured my length and this piece was 9.5 inches. Now it's 16! So all in all about 6.5 inches (really 7 if I hadn't trimmed in October). EEEEEK!!! Sorry ya'll I'm just so giddy and excited! In another inch I'll be MBL so I'll probably be making MBL alot sooner than I thought. But I'll still give Nelly enough time to get there and wait til April to offically claim anything. That means I "could" be waist length before 2013 is out.

But on a different note, I did shampoo my hair on Friday (I couldn't go three weeks like I wanted to) and retwisted the front half just last night. Took no time at all honestly so i think I can make this install last for two to three months like I hoped. We shall see.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hair !!!
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 8:13am
Originally posted by MuayThaiLadii MuayThaiLadii wrote:

Originally posted by mskraizy mskraizy wrote:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hair !!!
Soooo second this!!
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 12:49pm
I had plans to.straighten my hair for NYE but I ended up straighten the back and my bang. I just blow dried the rest. I've been wearing it in a bun since nye.
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 2:36pm
My first time using a flat iron and I get heat damage >.<
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:02pm
Hi Ladies,

Happy New Year to All.

Heavy: I would like to know whether I would still be able to join this challenge if not..I will just follow on the sidelines... I have been rocking protective styles and would love to be a part ofthis journey to get to my hair goals. 

Hair Goal for June, 2013: APL
Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): currently I am CBL in the back and grazing just below the nose in the front.  My hair is natural 4b-c texture with fine strands
PS of Choice: will alternae between wigs, extension twists and buns
Detailed Regimen while in PS: currently rocking wigs with my own hair cornrowed underneath,  I spray with Talijah waajid protective mist bodifier and oil with a mixture of grow aut oil and sulfur mix. Co wash with Suave coconut conditioner, apply kimmaytube leave in and seal with either castor/coconut oil
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: reataining length..my hair grows and then it will just start to break so I am trying to protect my ends
Favorite Product: Elucence conditioner, argan oil cholesterol conditioner and castor oil at the moment.

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:32am
hi, ladies! hope everyone is well.

still in my ps that i posted a few pages back.  i have been twisting a few pieces of the twist out portion with taliah waajid's lock it up gel.  it def does what it says that it does....which is great. 1 week into my ps!   

@ibet, sorry to hear that.  any hopes on bringing your hair back to its natural state?

@naturalessence, sure, come on in, if you have been protective styling since jan 1 and can post your pic within the next couple of days.  we would be more than happy to have you in the challenge!  you can update your information on the chart that bajan created. it is a few pages back.
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:07am

Here's the pic of my braids :)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 82>