Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:27pm
Thanks ladies! People have been asking me all week if this was my real hair. ONE DAY it WILL be!!! lol

Tomorrow will make a week of em and they're already fuzzing and frizzing, but that's partly because when I keep in styles like this, I mist it with water/leave in mix, and oil and massage the scalp on a nightly basis. My styles never stay looking fresh because of that, but in the end I get a lot of great growth and my hair looks healthier coming out of a protective style, so I'm not particularly "frazzled" by it looking old within a week.

Since I'm back to working out again (trying to stay on track this time...) It's necessary that I wash it at least weekly, I was gonna try to go a month but my scalp will NOT let that happen. I'll wash tomorrow, retwist the edges and see how that fares out. 3 more days til we officially start ladies!
Sponsored Links

nubiennze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nubiennze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:52pm
Starting pic taken after my flat iron & trim (for some reason I can't edit my initial post):

Sorry so dark/blurry--didn't feel like fooling with the real camera, lol. I wore it wrapped and under hats for a couple days before I took pics, so there was some reversion, especially in the back.

Straightening made me  realize how fine & fragile my hair really is; while I was pleased by how soft, silky, and moisturized it felt--the first time I've ever been able to achieve that sort of result--I was taken aback by how wispy and limp it seemed. Now that I've discovered (real) steaming, I'm revisiting henna/ayurveda to try to lend some weight & strength to it (and hopefully alleviate some of the splitting) without drying it out. I'm going to wig it for a little while and hold off on installing extensions to see how my hair responds.

Edited by nubiennze - Dec 27 2012 at 5:52pm
runrunrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runrunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 8:03pm

started taking my 4 and a half week old twists down about a half hour ago. so far so good. using garnier fructis triple nutrition conditioner and my fingers to do the job. no real problems so far. no big tangles yet or super matted sections. took care of one semi-matted section in the back of my head yesterday. i think that's the only one, but we'll see as i go through. im about ready to take a break. haha.

so ready to start this challenge. cant wait to have a fresh, neat looking set of mini twists in!  i think mini twists will be it for me.  no braids, braids are too much work lol (and i dont like they way they look on me). 

im going to finish taking these down tonight & tomorrow...maybe saturday if i get lazy and then im doing to do all the washing and that stuff and prepping my hair for new twists. 

will take a new length check pic for the challenge, plus i'll take a picture of the twists themselves.

MrsHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 9:14pm
I need to join this challenge. Let me figure out how to upload pic first...
MrsHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 9:42pm
Hair Goal for June, 2013: Mbl

Current Length and State of Hair:
-Fsl maybe a little longer.
-3inchs relaxed the rest is telaxed
PS of Choice: Braids, braids and more braids. I give my hair a break for a week only then back to braids. I may do a sew-in for a different look also, but each hair'do will last 4 weeks at a time.

Detailed Regimen while in PS:
1. My hair will be in braids so no detailing
2. when my hair is taken down i will use conditioner/ coconut oil to get the clumps out
3. I will shampoo/ clarify and pree poo
4. Blow dry hair, and let it relax
5. Then back to PS

Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: At the moment my hair is doing well since, i cut off 5 inches
because of damage. I started last year but started working 40 plus hours and neglected my hair, but i learned from it. So now i finally have my hair where i want it. Amen lol

Favorite Product: Hello hydration conditioner/ organic coconut oil/ blue duchess (cheap but works) gel activator for extra dry hair. I also use my son's soft brush and brush my edges everyday and the braids. No Gel will be used.

Mrs.Rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 2:29am
Hey ladies !
  I hope everyones holidays and week went well. My birthday and Christmas went well. I'm just doing my last unofficial check in before the challenge starts,I'm still in my Kinky twist. I plan to do a scalp cleanse before the New Years. I'm not quite ready to do a deep condition because I'm not in the mood for my hair to frizz, however I will get on it in in the next few weeks. Also Besides Biotin or Hair infinity can you suggest a good hair supplement.    Finally I'm going to attempt to post my picture,for some reason it never works

Big Chop 12/1/11
[photo id=sksrbdgwkktfbfdxbgkqdgfrkgtw type=vi style=1 align=no link=photo]

1yr Nappiversary 
http://public.fotki.com/MrsRob/healthy-hair-journey/1-year-puff.html
jadorenaturality92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadorenaturality92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 2:37am

Hair Goal for June, 2013: Growth - not looking for any length in particular.

Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): between Neck & CB Length Natural 4 hair

PS of Choice: Rotating: Jan./Feb./Mar. -Crochet Braids Apr./May/Jun. – Sew Ins

Detailed Regimen while in PS: Massage scalp 3x a week (Tu. Thru. Sat or Sun) w/TeaTree Oil in Castor Oil, Spray hair w/ water & glycerin mix daily/nightly, us only coconut oil to moisturize and seal before every style. These are real restrictions cause I’m a PJ in rehab.

Keeping styles in for 3 weeks then let hair rest for one with a DC (<any natural suggestions would be great!) then braid in prep for next style. I am doing a year-long protective style challenge and don’t want length to be seen at all during this time. I’ll need this support!

Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: Dryness! Ugh. My hair can’t get enough water. It drinks it up so fast.

Favorite Products: Coconut Oil and Castor Oil

My starting point...

Edited by jadorenaturality92 - Dec 28 2012 at 2:48am
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:05am
I have started being consistent with box braids since March 2012..but here is my progress from August until December. So the December '12 pic will be my starting point and I will add another pic at the end of the challenge to show the progress from now until then (Ok, I kind of remixed the challenge lol).

MrsHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:45am
MrsHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:51am
Sorry so big!!! this is my hair flat ironed, the front goes to my collar bone, the back is longer as you can see from my first big pic LOL
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag83/MrsHoney74/Snapshot_20121221_9_zps66f4cbd8.jpg - http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag83/MrsHoney74/Snapshot_20121221_9_zps66f4cbd8.jpg
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 81>