Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 81>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:08am
Originally posted by iskalay iskalay wrote:

The style I'm wearing now. I've been itching for a low cut (which is really weird for me), so I decided to trial run it. I'd love to see what it looks like with some hair accessories (but accessories are still on my list of things to get Ermm)

The top and back. It didn't come out exactly how I pictured (I was picturing less spaciness), but I still kinda like it. After I spritzed it I tied it down and I'll see what ti looks like in the AM.

I love this style/look! You have the perfect face for it. I love rocking short styles, but I don't want to cut it. I will have to try this over the summer:)
Sponsored Links

savannavanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannavanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 1:29am
Hair Goal for June, 2013: Retain at least 2 inches of hair all over (hopefully equating to full APL)
Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): Full SL
PS of Choice: Braid Extensions mainly
Detailed Regimen while in PS: Spray hair with water/leave-in mix and seal every 1-2 days. Cleanse scalp with witch hazel while in braid extensions and wash every 2-3wks. Deep Condition Bi-Weekly or Monthly. Massage Scalp 3x/wk minimum. Stay away from heat if possible. Exercise and eat better.
Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: Ssk & HIH syndrome. I've gotta stop playin in my hair
Favorite Products:  Coconut Oil and Elasta QP Mango Butter

Starting Pic:
When stretched it reaches the next line

Here's to the New Year and Healthy Hair, Ladies  Beer  Party!!

darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:01am
Savanna are you natural or relaxed?
NoleLady12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoleLady12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 9:13am
@savannavanna I had HIH syndrome for a long time, too. Once I started protective styling, it stopped (I couldn't touch my hair anymore).

Edited by NoleLady12 - Dec 27 2012 at 9:13am
iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 10:10am
These pinned twists are still in and still look good, but my scalp is starting to itch. My goal is to make it to Saturday...that will make a week since I've had them in. I'm not sure what I'll do with my hair if I take the pins out Geek

...I might just massage my scalp and let it breathe for the day (or just a few hours) then re-pin for another week before taking down and trying something else. I need some style inspiration  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannavanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:02am
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

Savanna are you natural or relaxed?

my bad darlinnic, i'm natural Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannavanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:12am
@nolelady12 yeah i hope this challenge will be a big part of helping me break that habit
Lady Law86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Law86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:57am
Heavy!!! Im so glad you started this challenge! I loved the last one! Count me in!

Hair Goal for June, 2013: Thicker hair and MBL

Current Length and State of Hair (e.g., relaxed, natural, texlaxed): 100% Natural, BSL

PS of Choice: Lace Wigs and U-Part Wigs

Detailed Regimen while in PS: Deep Condition under Steamer every Sunday

Moisturize with shea butter and Seal with coconut Oil twice a week

Use JBCO and peppermint oil on scalp twice a week

Wash and condition on Wednesday

Biggest Hair Issue at the Moment: Staying away from heat! I just love straight hair!

Favorite Product: Moroccan Oil

Edited by Lady Law86 - Dec 27 2012 at 12:52pm
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:10pm
@ Heavy Rotation, I use a small spray bottle fill it up and use a couple of tablespoons, or just a good squeeze.

Edited by Catrice26 - Dec 27 2012 at 12:20pm
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:46pm
@Heavy Rotation.. I usually don't measure. I just took an old S-curl bottle filled with drinking water and added prob around 2 tablespoon.. I use this to moisturize my hair daily, followed by sealing.
But I found this recipe I want to try 

In a 4-6 ounce clean spray bottle combine 8 drops of pre-softened honey, 1/2 teaspoon of Aloe Vera Gel and 4 ounces of lukewarm water. Shake well to mix.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 81>