THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED!
Okay, let me warn
you: this challenge is not
for the faint of heart.
This is a challenge for those who will wear Protective Styles from next month, November, to May 15, 2012. For this Challenge, Protective Styles mean twists, braids, wigs, or weaves....basically, your hair must be twisted or braided (underneath).
This is a challenge for those with tons of discipline (or who want to develop it) when it comes to their hair in order to grow it to longer lengths!
I'm trying to hit BSL by May, 2012 so I need to go hardcore on this one.
Here are the Rules for this Challenge:
1. You must check in to this Challenge at least once per week.
2. You must post pics of your progress, Protective Style, or just to do show and tell, at least once per month.
3. When changing Protective Styles on your own hair, you are allowed 3-4 days of wearing your hair "out," but your hair must be in an updo/high pony/bun style at least 2 of those days. Those wearing extensions can have a longer time between installs, but must wear their hair in an updo/high pony/bun style at least 3/4 of the time that their own hair is out.
4. You cannot comb your own hair more than twice per week.
5. You must develop/have a moisturizing regimen for your hair while in the PS.
6. You cannot trim your hair, unless you have a reason (e.g., split or weathered ends).
7. You cannot use direct heat more than 6 times during the Challenge.
You must encourage the other participants in the challenge. We're all in it to win it.**
If you do not
comply with the above...you will get the boot.
Told you this was hardcore!
To join, please give the following information and upload your starting pic (BEFORE NOV 1):
Hair Goal for May, 2012:
Current Length and State of Hair:
Detailed Regimen while in PS:
Biggest Hair Issue:
What you're good at when it comes to your hair:
To make this Challenge really meaningful, I think that we should cut off the participants to ~15. Max of ~20.
Okay, so, who is with me for this Challenge? Participants
1. Heavy Rotation
- Reggie (p.5); Starting Pic (p.8)
2. s007rrt -
Reggie (p.10); Starting Pic (p.13)
- Reggie (p.5); MISSING STARTING PIC (TBA: NOV., 2011)
- Reggie (p.5); Starting Pic (p.16)
5. Lady Law86
- Reggie (p.3); Starting Pic (p.6)
6. juleemango - MISSING REGGIE; Starting Pic (p.2)
- Reggie (p.2); Starting Pic (p.19)
- Reggie and Starting Pic (p.15)
- Reggie and Starting Pic (p.7)
- Reggie (p.6); Starting Pic (p.8)
- Reggie (p.3, 18); Starting Pic (p.18)
12. MissClarity -
Reggie and Starting Pic (p.7)
- Reggie (p.9); Starting Pic (p.9, 10)
- Reggie and Starting Pic (p.6)
- Reggie (p.6); Starting Pic (p.17)
- Reggie (p.6); Starting Pic (p.16)
- Reggie (p.7); Starting Pic (p.15)
- Reggie and Starting Pic (p.14)
- Reggie and Starting Pic (P.14)
- Reggie and Starting Pic (p.15);
- Reggie and Starting Pic (p.19)
- Reggie and Starting Pic (p.23)
- Reggie and Starting Pic (p.25)
Lurking (and commenting at just the right time)
1. Ms. Tiki
THIS CHALLENGE IS CLOSED!
Edited by Heavy Rotation - Nov 08 2011 at 9:51pm