Extensions Plus

Forum LockedHappy New Hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
etoile View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy New Hair!
    Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 9:16pm
So in the spirit of the upcoming new year, I have decided that 2010 is going to be my step-up-my-hair-game. That includes both my real hair and my lace wig. The UPS man came by today and dropped off a haul of new products and appliances guaranteed to make 2010 an "everyday is a perfect hair day" year.

Some of my new year resolutions include:
1) To stop being a tourist in the Growth section and get serious about my own natural hair. I did a BC about 6-8mths ago (see, I didn't even document it) and although my hair has been growing nicely, I need to be serious about encouraging and tracking its progress. I got some Megatek and some goodies from the health food store, so I will be starting my own growth challenge come the new year!

2) I am committing to those textures that suit me best. That would be Coarse Yaki and Italian Yaki and I am committed to finding the best vendors to supply me with those units (Perfect Hair Days has great units with great hairlines!). No more regular Yaki for me. Although there is nothing particularly wrong with that texture, it doesn't suit me as much as textured units. So FYI, look out for a Yaki sale soon!

3) I bought all the best, highly recommended products (by forum members) and applicances for my lace wig. Firstly, I bought a lighted, magnified mirror for my apps. I also got a new flat iron (Chi) and threw my old one away which I suspect was scorching my hair. Caruso steam rollers for those days I feel like giving my hair a break from heat. I bought all the products for perfect bleached knots (thanks AM!) and for keeping tangles at bay (thanks SexiB for the Cowboy Magic tip!)

And speaking of tips--am I late or has everyone know about Hello Hydration. Probably the best conditioner I have used on my lace wig (and my real hair). I got that from the Growth section and sharing it here just in case there are a few stragglers like myself who don't know about it.

So, what are everyone else's new 'hair's' resolutions?
Sponsored Links

mdavis9020 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 10:25pm
Good for you.....those sound like some solid resolutions!
I will be looking out for that sale.... as a matter of fact feel free to pm me for a previewTongueLOL

Yes, hello hydration is where its at!  I love the long term relationship (LTR) as well.   I am using it now to cowash.  Hey, since you have been down in growth lemme ask have you tried baggying your ends yet?   Is your natural hair long enough?  I use cocnut oil (THE BEST STUFF ON EARTH!!!!!) and CON deep moisturizing condish for baggy and my ends have stopped shedding and I am retaining great length.  I went w/o baggying for a month and suffered greatly!

I hope that you are blessed in the New Year and all of your resolutions are met!
SwaggerSoChic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2009 at 10:37pm
mines is to go natural.. I'm 3-4 months post and doing great....

I have only used heat once in the past 3 months... I must resist the chi, lol...
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic