BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Hallies Curls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
SunshineSmiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineSmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hallies Curls
    Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 2:39am
Hi Ladies:

Hallie's Curls appears to be back and says it is under new ownership.  Check out the link:

http://halliescurls.com/

Edited by SunshineSmiles - Apr 22 2014 at 2:40am
Sponsored Links

tashaisarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashaisarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 12:06am
I took a look at the site, and it looks like they are back.  I haven't ordered form them since 2008, and since their downward spiral, and closing of their previous store, i will not be purchasing for a while.  I will be lurking though, for reviews.  Thanks for posting.
miiszjanae View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miiszjanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 12:35am
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/halleys-curlsout-of-business_topic364327_page19.html
SunshineSmiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineSmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 4:18am
Originally posted by tashaisarn tashaisarn wrote:

I took a look at the site, and it looks like they are back.  I haven't ordered form them since 2008, and since their downward spiral, and closing of their previous store, i will not be purchasing for a while.  I will be lurking though, for reviews.  Thanks for posting.

I am with you also that I am not ready to purchase again right now or anytime soon, but I will watch for reviews for some time. And, you are very welcome!
jazzired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 9:40am
So who is going to be the guinea pig?  I liked her closures back in the day but then then they started shedding.  I'm curious to see if they have changed their vendor.
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 10:26am
It's under 'new ownership' (aka someone who previously worked for the company) supposedly obtained the vendor's information and is now selling similar hair. Apparently the original owner of Halley's Curls passed--I wouldn't order from www.halleyscurls.com or www.halliescurls.com. Too much shadiness.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 10:47am
The "5 A grade hair" is such a turn off. It screams Ali Express mentality.
Does Indique, Bliss, Extensions Plus, Wagmans, etc, used "5A, 6A, 7A, etc" in their marketing?

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 10:50am
I see that "all sales are final" and you can't even speak w/ a human..
Yep, sounds legit!, said NO one, EVER!

But, if anyone decides to be a guinea pig, let me know. My sister had great experiences with HallEYS Curls and I desperately want a closure.

Edited by Cream1970 - Apr 25 2014 at 10:51am
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 11:02am
FTR, I'm not mad @ the new owner if she didn't do anything morally or legally wrong in opening this business.

If she was made aware of the HallEYs Curls' suppliers through an honest route and decided to use that knowledge to launch her own business, and didn't steal or illegally or immorally gain that info, I can respect that.

If I worked at a restaurant and I was in charge of ordering a special barbecue sauce from a special, exclusive vendor and the owner of the restaurant passed away, and I felt I had gained enough knowledge to open my own restaurant, I don't see anything wrong w/ contacting that vendor to supply my barbecuse sauce. He would likely want to keep his revenue coming in. And if I didn't, he would likely approach another restaurant with an exclusive contract.

Now, if I had to snoop thru files that weren't meant for me to have access to to get the vendor info and/or steal the barbecue sauce that the original owner purchased before they passed away, and used it in my restaurant, that's a whole different story.
Chauncee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chauncee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 2:40am
I'm uncertain about ownership, but it is the same product from my experience. I ordered the "Salon Relaxed" now being sold as Silky Perma in February. The packaging was the former Halley's stuff with stickers over it.

Please buy at your own risk though. There is no way to tell how long they will be around or providing the same products. My experience dealing with this company was good, but the circumstances surrounding this company seemed suspicious as they never responded to any of the inquiries I made prior to ordering. Lucky things worked out well for me as I really needed the hair. Quality was the same as the Salon Relaxed I'm used to and shipping was quick.

If you look closely enough at the first pic, you can see through to the original Halley's Curl writing.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic