FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Half of female Marines fail new fitness test

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 9:06am
Um my niece is in the Marines and she told me that they DO have different requirements for males and females in bootcamp.

It goes from the number of crunches to how far they have to run. Some of the requirements are the same .. but most of them are pared down for females so I don't know what this article is talkimg about.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Um my niece is in the Marines and she told me that they DO have different requirements for males and females in bootcamp.

It goes from the number of crunches to how far they have to run. Some of the requirements are the same .. but most of them are pared down for females so I don't know what this article is talkimg about.

Did you read the article?
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I really don't understand women wanting combat jobs.

Especially the Marines smh. 
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:19am
not surprised, i went to a marine corp bootcamp and two women were rushed to the emergency room on the first day

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:49am
didnt read much… 

but i don't think the standards should be the same for women… men are so different.. 
but i do think it should be challenging.. i don't think 3 pull ups is enough.. even if they're trained killers.. without the right conditioning they'll (probably) fail on the front lines during a fight.. 3 pull ups is not challenging enough. 
its like how you have to get all types of conditioning for boxing and krav maga (which they're taught) if you don't have the stamina and other tools that go with learning to defend yourself.. you'll fall way short. 
they should have to do more like 10 pull ups.. 
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 11:03am
forgive my ignorance, but is this not what bootcamp is for? To get you ready for the test?
So who slacked off in bootcamp to where they cant do 3 pullups?
Everything should be the same. Combat is indiscriminate. Like someone else said, if u cant make it, find another day job
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 11:03am
Right?! My new-to-fitness ass can do 3 measly pull ups (and the monkey bars FINALLY!)
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 11:06am
Real talk, I think that physical challenges are not that demanding.

I mean I can do two pull ups at the moment with no bootcamp training.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 11:07am
8 is considered a perfect score so three is the minimum which is barely passing.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 11:09am
a few years ago i could do 3 pull ups.. not anymore though 

marines are supposed to be beasts.. that is embarrassing 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures