Half of female Marines fail new fitness test

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 6:39am
That doesn't make any sense and throws dirt in the faces of the 50% of female marines who were able to perform their duties correctly. If you can't perform at the same level as your comrades in a combat zone, you need not be there! Men will always have more physical prowess, but if 50% of women are at least performing at the basic level, then that speaks of  a problem for the 50% who need to buck up or find another day job.

Lowering physical job requirements to appease women helps bolster the claims of men who assert that women do not belong on the battle field. How is a female comrade to be respected if she can't even perform at the basic level, all while touting the same job? 0_0
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 6:39am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

That doesn't make any sense and throws dirt in the faces of the 50% of female marines who were able to perform their duties correctly. If you can't perform at the same level as your comrades in a combat zone, you need not be there! Men will always have more physical prowess, but if 50% of women are at least performing at the basic level, then that speaks of  a problem for the 50% who need to buck up or find another day job.

Lowering physical job requirements to appease women helps bolster the claims of men who assert that women do not belong on the battle field. How is a female comrade to be respected if she can't even perform at the basic level, all while touting the same job? 0_0

Did I say anything about lowering existing requirements? I said men should have an additional requirement.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 7:19am
my sisters physical therapist is getting her prepared for the air force now.  She graduates h.s. in May.  She's very fit looking but not coordinated or athletic or used to strenuous anything since p.e. is not physical.  I support her but I wonder how she will get through basic training lol.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 7:25am
Surprised at general consensus so far
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:06am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Did I say anything about lowering existing requirements? I said men should have an additional requirement.

Why? That artillery and gunfire is indiscriminate. A bullet will not dodge a woman because she couldn't do 3 pull ups in favor of the man who could. 

And yes, you are insinuating that the bar be lowered by requiring men to have additional requirements. 

How would you feel in a workplace knowing that the people around you had to work harder for the job? You would be resented.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:33am

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Why? That artillery and gunfire is indiscriminate. A bullet will not dodge a woman because she couldn't do 3 pull ups in favor of the man who could. 

And yes, you are insinuating that the bar be lowered by requiring men to have additional requirements. 

How would you feel in a workplace knowing that the people around you had to work harder for the job? You would be resented.

I understand what you're saying and I could use a really goofy analogy to make my point, but I'll just say I disagree.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:46am
Lies, give us the analogy, because I'm trying to understand your point, but I can't yet

While I'm cheering for the 3 girls who completed the corps training, the rest who can't meet the requirement need to find a different position, or keep trying. I've always felt this way about these types of jobs (fire fighters included). Sorry ladies
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:46am
3 pull-ups is not a lot. I did 10 in a row at 16 when I was in high school. I'm pretty sure that I still hold that record. Anyway, military basic training is not that hard. The Marines probably have the hardest or close to it but even so, there is a problem if 50% of any group is failing. I haven't really read but men and women have different requirements, or at least that's how it used to be.

Edited by AshBash89 - Jan 03 2014 at 8:48am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Lies, give us the analogy, because I'm trying to understand your point, but I can't yet

While I'm cheering for the 3 girls who completed the corps training, the rest who can't meet the requirement need to find a different position, or keep trying. I've always felt this way about these types of jobs (fire fighters included). Sorry ladies

LoL you don't want it. LOL And the bolded is how I feel. If three pull ups is the minimum requirement for the job then everyone should be able to meet it. However, for a man to have the same physical strength requirements as a woman when women simply have less physical strength just isn't fair. If a man can only do the same amount of pull ups a woman can do then he deserves a side eye. If a woman is trying with all her might to get through those three pull ups then the men should be challenged just the same. They shouldn't be on the job doing the least they can do to get by. The military is supposed to be the best of the best. So yes I think the requirement for men should be higher than the requirement for women.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:52am
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

3 pull-ups is not a lot. I did 10 in a row at 16 when I was in high school. I'm pretty sure that I still hold that record. Anyway, military basic training is not that hard. The Marines probably have the hardest or close to it but even so, there is a problem if 50% of any group is failing. I haven't really read but men and women have different requirements, or at least that's how it used to be.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's not. I wanted to put in the OP that it was embarrassing, but I didn't want to get snow balls thrown at me. But this thread is unfolding a little differently than I expected. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic