Topic ClosedHaitian men

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
snickerdoodle17_1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 4:41pm
I am a haitian girl and I would NEVER in my life marry a haitian guy. I know it sounds bad but they can be so old fashioned like thinking women should cook and clean
Sponsored Links

CatcherNTheLye View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by 2cute 2cute wrote:

Originally posted by luvlytresses luvlytresses wrote:

yep im half haitian and half west indian. i see how the haitian and west indians act... not a good look....

Haitians are west-indian...
West Indian is typically a term used to describe Indian immigrants to the caribbean or inhabitants of caribbean islands that were colonized by the Brits. Typically, Haitians are not considered West Indian.
graceful_aka View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 3:19pm
suck.

(just finishing the thread title)

hmmm...If this ninja comes up missing I don't want to be implicated...so I deleted.

Edited by graceful_aka - Jan 08 2011 at 3:42pm
solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 3:46pm
I've been warned about them as well but the few that i've gone out with were sweet but they were first gen amer so that may be why. The only one i actually did date for a while changed. first he lied about being jamaican(american accent)..i went over for dinner one evening and as soon as you walk in the door BAM a haitian flag..so im thinking"ok he  may not be haitian maybe a step-parent or maybe they love haiti " i know i know but i was trying not to jump to conclusions. sit down for dinner nothing but creole..i felt out of place and confused..everyone was nice but his father was straight up disrespectful, he kept making comments about my body and telling his son "you have to take control of them when theyre young or they will disobey you" at that point id had enough so i left but i confronted him the next day and he had the nerve to demand an apology talking about i was rude and i need to go and apologize to his father. negro please.

one of the main reasons i dont hangout in certain areas is because of haitian men. they will follow you through the mall asking questions. no i do not have a baby and no you cant be my baby. ugh. i wont say i dont/cant date haitians because there are some that are really good people. i've seen some of them treat their women like shyt but it happens in every race/culture. i know a haitian woman who works 2 jobs to take care of her family and her husband doesnt help at all. cooks for himself, wont clean, he drives around spending her money while she takes public trans to and from all of her jobs. She wont leave because they have 5 children and she doesnt want to be a single mom. Confused my mother tells her all the time shes already a single mother because she does it all with no help from her husband who lives and sleeps in the same house with them. This past summer he went on vacation alone with her money Stern Smile
solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by snickerdoodle17_1 snickerdoodle17_1 wrote:

I am a haitian girl and I would NEVER in my life marry a haitian guy. I know it sounds bad but they can be so old fashioned like thinking women should cook and clean

i hear a lot of young haitian women saying this.
tantoine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by snickerdoodle17_1 snickerdoodle17_1 wrote:

My dad, who is a haitian man, has always said that he didn't raise me to marry a native Haitian. I've dated guys who were born and raised in Haiti, and I finally realize what he was talking about. If I were to marry someone of haitian descent, they would have to be americanized. I am too opinionated for one on the island.
NinaS View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 4:03pm
Didn't read the entire thread but I got the jist of it.  Haitians are probably some of the most self-hating black people out there, I tell ya. I've some pride, why don't you? It's always a bunch of haitian girls going "yeah, I hate to admit it but i would NEVA..." like it's some kind of scientifically proven truth. This is stupid. They're men, like any other men. You got your good apples and you got your rotten ones. Are the ones born and raised in Haiti macho in their views? Yes they can be but you can say the EXACT SAME THING about every other west indian nationality out there, not to mention latinos. I've dated good and bad from a whole spectrum of nationalities. This knows no borders. Some of you sound so incredibly uneducated and stupid

As for the OP, you need to put your big girl shoes on and get out of that relationship. He's acontrolling and abusive man and nothing good will come out of this. Him being haitian don't have sh*t to do with anything.
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 3:28am
Originally posted by NinaS NinaS wrote:

Didn't read the entire thread but I got the jist of it.  Haitians are probably some of the most self-hating black people out there, I tell ya. I've some pride, why don't you? It's always a bunch of haitian girls going "yeah, I hate to admit it but i would NEVA..." like it's some kind of scientifically proven truth. This is stupid. They're men, like any other men. You got your good apples and you got your rotten ones. Are the ones born and raised in Haiti macho in their views? Yes they can be but you can say the EXACT SAME THING about every other west indian nationality out there, not to mention latinos. I've dated good and bad from a whole spectrum of nationalities. This knows no borders. Some of you sound so incredibly uneducated and stupid

As for the OP, you need to put your big girl shoes on and get out of that relationship. He's acontrolling and abusive man and nothing good will come out of this. Him being haitian don't have sh*t to do with anything.
Different cultures have different practices/beliefs/etc...What is accepted as the norm in one culture, may not be accepted as the norm in another

Edited by 305bgirl - Jan 11 2011 at 3:30am
CatcherNTheLye View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 8:48am

I agree. I kept my mouth shut but I actually see many strong similarities between the way Af. Am. men treat their women and Haitian men. I'm not saying that what's being said about Haitian men is not true. That isht is definitely on point. However, Haitan men and Af. Am. men are one in the same. One in the same, IMO.
NinaS View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by 305bgirl 305bgirl wrote:

Different cultures have different practices/beliefs/etc...What is accepted as the norm in one culture, may not be accepted as the norm in another

Where does the MAJOR cultural difference lie between haitians, other caribbeans, latinos and even AA men to some extent, tho? Do you know personally what their standards are? Because all I hear in this thread is how they "like their women to cook and clean". You telling me that a Bahamian guy or a Mexican guy is not raised to "like their women to cook and clean"? That AA men don't look favorably on women "fixing them plates"? That stalking and controlling behaviour is an actual haitian cultural trait that no other ethnicity shares? Give me a break.

I'm the product of two west indian cultures (Haiti and Guadeloupe). One group will sometimes talk sh*t about the other over regional rivalries but when it's all said and done, it's the exact same west indian mentality. And all you have to do is go through this board on a regular basis to see how conservative AA men can be. What is being described in this thread is not about cultural traits at all. It's about sexism and crazy INDIVIDUALS. James Brown sang "it's a man's world". Are we to deduce that all AA's want their women barefoot and pregnant? This is silly. The OP has fallen for an emotional abuser. She needs to do what millions of black women of all ethnicities have to do at one point or another in their lives and walk away. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic