Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Haitian bhmers: Didn't know they was haitian

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 2:09pm
Isn't The Future Haitian? I remember reading that somewhere.
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

He is.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

Yes he is. I forgot about him.
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Okay, thanks for clearing that up with Maxwell. 

I can't think of the name right now, but I know of a boxer too. Young guy...

Probably Jean Pascal (not the best picture of him but he's fine as hell)

Jean Pascal (Boxer).jpg

OMG those lips! C'est bonne Embarrassed
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 2:34pm
is Ace Hood Haitian?
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 2:34pm
Let me be clear that i'm not saying all Haitians look the same. I maybe wrong with my assumptions but I normally guess right when I see a Haitian (with the exception of a couple of Africans).  I really don't know how to describe the features because I don't have the science down pack.   I just know when I see them.  Perhaps its because I'm always around Haitians and Jamaicans and know the difference.  I really don't know.

I even had a strong feeling about Usher a long time ago.   The same with Lloyd.

Even my Haitian friends can point out other Haitian people.  When we people watch, we pick them out all the time.  We prove it when he/she speaks Creole to them and they respond back. 

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 3:43pm
i personally don't think it's possible because we African's- who have gone through slave trade are a mixed people... All my life people ask me if I am Haitian, Jamaican or whatever african and I am AA.. so we all look alike in many ways but have some cultural norms that make us seem different our features are beautiful
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 3:52pm
its not the features its Something else "cultural markers"! I can tell African American from other people too and I can normally see easily when someone is from another culture... I've had Hatian Elders Argue with me about not embracing my id And It's amazing because they didn't believe me lol- when I said I am just AA. But I love all my people, I know how to cook legume and "sause pouis" I try and learn from all my friends different cultural yummy dishes! and life views of the world
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by naturesgif<b>t naturesgift wrote:

its not the features its Something else "cultural markers
"! I can tell African American from other people too and I can normally see easily when someone is from another culture... I've had Hatian Elders Argue with me about not embracing my id And It's amazing because they didn't believe me lol- when I said I am just AA. But I love all my people, I know how to cook legume and "sause pouis" I try and learn from all my friends different cultural yummy dishes! and life views of the world

I agree. It's often about the way certain cultures carry themselves, more than the actual features.

You're better than I am. I can't cook those Ouch
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

Let me be clear that i'm not saying all Haitians look the same. I maybe wrong with my assumptions but I normally guess right when I see a Haitian (with the exception of a couple of Africans).  I really don't know how to describe the features because I don't have the science down pack.   I just know when I see them.  Perhaps its because I'm always around Haitians and Jamaicans and know the difference.  I really don't know.

I even had a strong feeling about Usher a long time ago.   The same with Lloyd.

Even my Haitian friends can point out other Haitian people.  When we people watch, we pick them out all the time.  We prove it when he/she speaks Creole to them and they respond back. 

I can sometimes pick 'em out too but it's mostly an attitude. Hard to explain. The other day, this haitian dude came to my door to fix my Internet connection and he asked me where I came from. He was expecting me to answer some african country. Whereas I knew he was haitian the minute I saw him.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic