Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hairdresser left relaxer on way too long! HELP!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hairdresser left relaxer on way too long! HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
TheLittleToledo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLittleToledo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairdresser left relaxer on way too long! HELP!
    Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:45pm
Hello! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.
I'm sitting under the dryer at the salon right now, and i'm pretty sure the hairdresser left my relaxer on too long.
Normally, the relaxer would be put on my hair, and washed out almost immediately upon being smoothed out. But she put it on and walked away to give a woman highlights, WITH THE RELAXER IN MY HAIR. I watch the clock very closely while being relaxed, and i was sitting there with the relaxer in my hair for about 10 mins. My scalp rarely burns when being relaxed, but it was on FIRE when she finally got around to washing it out. I brought my aphogee 2 min to deep condition with (i usually put it on and sit under the dryer for 10-20 mins and it usually turns out great) and when she was combing it out, my hair was breaking, i could hear it snapping. I asked her to also use a bit of my aphogee reconstruterizor, but i'm not sure it helped. What should i do? I've grown my hair out from neck length to shoulder length after dying the living crap out of my hair a few months back, and i'm afraid this will set me back.
Also, I did a Aphogee 2-step last week.
Sponsored Links

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:45pm
You will have to do weekly protein treatments (always follow with a moisturizing one as well) to regain the elasticity lost due to over processing.
TheLittleToledo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLittleToledo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

You will have to do weekly protein treatments (always follow with a moisturizing one as well) to regain the elasticity lost due to over processing.

are there any you recommend? 
i'm used to using Aphogee 2 step, will that suffice?
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by TheLittleToledo TheLittleToledo wrote:

Hello! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.
I'm sitting under the dryer at the salon right now, and i'm pretty sure the hairdresser left my relaxer on too long.
Normally, the relaxer would be put on my hair, and washed out almost immediately upon being smoothed out. But she put it on and walked away to give a woman highlights, WITH THE RELAXER IN MY HAIR. I watch the clock very closely while being relaxed, and i was sitting there with the relaxer in my hair for about 10 mins. My scalp rarely burns when being relaxed, but it was on FIRE when she finally got around to washing it out. I brought my aphogee 2 min to deep condition with (i usually put it on and sit under the dryer for 10-20 mins and it usually turns out great) and when she was combing it out, my hair was breaking, i could hear it snapping. I asked her to also use a bit of my aphogee reconstruterizor, but i'm not sure it helped. What should i do? I've grown my hair out from neck length to shoulder length after dying the living crap out of my hair a few months back, and i'm afraid this will set me back.
Also, I did a Aphogee 2-step last week.

aw heck naw. no she didn't. i feel for you. i have nothing of value to contribute here except to say that. i've used aphogee before and it worked for me when i was transitioning a looong time ago, but if aphogee doesn't work, that's kinda the last stop to my knowledge. i would just suggest a trim, perhaps. not a big one, just maybe half an inch to an inch and see if that does the trick. 
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:33am
live and learn.  you knew it was sitting on you head too long before it started burning thats when you should have called her over. dont expect a stylist to value your hair more than you do. since your hair has been dyed and fried maybe its time you learned a little about hair care and avoid these issue in the future.
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 4:14pm
You should use the aphogee 2step. It is a stronger protein than the reconstructor and should only be used once every 4-6 weeks. Follow up with a moisturizing conditioner and just baby your hair until its better.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic