Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives 2009
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedHAIR UNDER WEAVE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
sweetcakemt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAIR UNDER WEAVE
    Posted: Dec 15 2008 at 2:48pm

I want to oil my scalp under my sew in, but I have on a net and when I do do this my weave gets all oily and nasty looking!!  If I wash and rinse for a friggin hour, the oil seems to lock onto the net or braids and when I wrap my weave at night it just kind of saturates the weave and then i get a mess!!! 

Does anyone have suggestions on how to oil hair under a net weave without the weave getting greasy?

Edited by sweetcakemt - Dec 15 2008 at 2:50pm
Sponsored Links

UrbanLegend View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2008 at 2:59pm
I know this sounds crazy sweet... but I don't.
I've noticed that my hair grows quicker when I don't add all the oils to my scalp and such. What I do however, is maintain my scalp by using clear solutions and astringents such as: squirting  seabreeze :water : leave in conditioner mixed in a needle nose applicator, or using Optium Oil Therapy Scalp treatment or something like that.
MissLDB View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2008 at 3:02pm
Sweetcake....I hope someone gives you the answer....that is why I had to take my install down...I HATE GREASY HAIR, but I want to have hair, so it was either a fabulous weave or have damaged hair...

someone suggested giving the moisturizer time to "soak" into your real hair before you do much with the weave...like wait 30 minutes, but that didn't work for me....

Good Luck though!
Insensitive. View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2008 at 3:12pm
It depends on your hair type and scalp type. You honestly may not need to oil your scalp, instead you may need to just make sure its well conditioned along with your hair before you braid.

If you do have a really dry scalp I suggest using a light oil, nothing greasy, which can clog your roots up and actually make your hair grow slower. And use an applicator like this:

or this:

That has a small enough tip to fit between the net. I think you can find them at CVS or rite aid or walgreens or walmart or something lmao. Im trying to start paying more attention to oils, I plan to do some research on the oils indian women use to grow their hair. Anyway, use the syringe to suck up the oil and then put little tiny drops on your scalp under the netting. Dont use much at all, because it will soak your weave, and that is not hot.
pghbeautydoll View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2008 at 3:17pm
maybe use some conditioner instead of oil based products
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2008 at 3:24pm
What are you using to oil your scalp??

I use a nozzle applicator bottle for installs with OR without nets.  I think the key is the type of oil and how heavy you apply.  I have decreased my Mega-Tek/teatree/essential oil combo to 2 days a week since I am wearing straight hair.  Clarifying will remove product buildup (I use a clarify poo and sometimes Apple Cider Vinegar).  My hair isn't "oily" at the moment but I can tell the oils from my mix and wrapping is on the hair(good to prevent dryness). I expect to poo in the next 2-3 days.  
Originally posted by sweetcakemt sweetcakemt wrote:

I want to oil my scalp under my sew in, but I have on a net and when I do do this my weave gets all oily and nasty looking!!  If I wash and rinse for a friggin hour, the oil seems to lock onto the net or braids and when I wrap my weave at night it just kind of saturates the weave and then i get a mess!!! 

Does anyone have suggestions on how to oil hair under a net weave without the weave getting greasy?
SkeeWee Hair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2008 at 3:39pm
I had the same problem and here's what I did:

1.  I found Talia Waajid medicated conditioning spray  and I put it in a color applicator bottle. It mosturizes, and soothes when my scalp starts itching (it has a tingly peppermint feel to it), and it smells really good. Here's a picture of the bottle.

Medicated%20Bodifier%208oz

2. I  also use an applicator bottle for my Megatek mix (I saturate my natural hair with it before I do my installs, I use this on my edges about once a week, and on my scalp about once every 3 weeks b/c it itches like crazy.)

Hope that helps.
GA_Diva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2008 at 5:12pm
the color applicator bottle works wonders for curly hair, but for straight hair it may give u the greasy, because the oil comes out quickly.
ChaiTea View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2008 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Insensitive. Insensitive. wrote:

It depends on your hair type and scalp type. You honestly may not need to oil your scalp, instead you may need to just make sure its well conditioned along with your hair before you braid.

If you do have a really dry scalp I suggest using a light oil, nothing greasy, which can clog your roots up and actually make your hair grow slower. And use an applicator like this:

or this:

That has a small enough tip to fit between the net. I think you can find them at CVS or rite aid or walgreens or walmart or something lmao. Im trying to start paying more attention to oils, I plan to do some research on the oils indian women use to grow their hair. Anyway, use the syringe to suck up the oil and then put little tiny drops on your scalp under the netting. Dont use much at all, because it will soak your weave, and that is not hot.

This is SUCH a great idea. I have a bunch of syringes from the drugstore. They will give you a few for free.
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2008 at 6:19pm

Hey - I don't know where you live, or if you have a straight or wavy install, but I have found that cowashing my weave daily works wonders for keeping my hair and scalp moisturized.  I use my OCT daily and it allows me to put a new application on my scalp daily.  HTH.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>