Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hair Types?? I am so confused!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
azahwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azahwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Types?? I am so confused!
    Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:44am
Good evening all, I've been a member a while but never post. I just wanted to get information on what to expect when ordering different types of hair. I have tried to do my own research and have found that descriptions vary. I decided to come here to really know what can be expected when getting different types of hair.
If some could please describe the textures of Cambodian, Russian, Brazilian, Indian, Mongolian, Chinese, Filipino, Malaysian, Peruvian, and Burmese (am I missing any?) Now I know many people believe that 99% of all hair comes from china and people use hair types as a ploy, but what I want to know is whether the hair is just a processed Indian or Chinese or not, what is its texture like and what to expect. Thank you and hope I get some help!Big smile
Sponsored Links

vanessaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanessaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:39pm
I found some good info reading this forum.. from http://weavenaked.com/quality1_5.html

"What is the difference between "Indian hair", "Brazilian hair", etc?

This is perhaps the most misunderstood concept in all of  weaves. There are many companies selling  weaves under different country names, and everyone just seems to believe that the ethnicity matters.
The truth is that the label "Indian hair" does not mean the hair comes from an Indian woman in India. It may not be from India. In fact, it may not even be from an Indian person! Same applies to every other countries or regions you might have heard of.
It is almost impossible to find out the ethnicity of the hair's original owner unless you can determine the DNA. On top of that, most people conceive "Indian hair" as good quality hair. And that is why phrases such as "Indian hair" are being abused by companies.

Don't pay attention to the ethnicity. What you really should know is if the hair is  real,  virgin and  remy. If it is top quality hair, then it doesn't matter where it came from."

Hope this helps! PM me for more info!

Edited by vanessaw - Dec 06 2012 at 5:40pm
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:58pm
in most cases its all just a marketing ploy to get more $$$ out of your pocket
azahwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azahwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 10:47am
thank you both for your help! I too really dont care where the hair is from. But the question that I'm asking is what is the difference whether in processing just so I know what can go better with my hair texture. For example. is "brazilian hair" textured to be more coarse, is "malaysian" textured to be more fine stranded or sily? I'm asking these things to know what to ask when buying hair this way I can know what type will be the best for blending
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 11:02am
Brazilian is lower luster and coarser. Malaysian is higher luster and smooth-no real texture. Peruvian unsure b/c I never bought that type before. Chinese is thick, shiny but with a couple of washes will get slightly coarser. Filipino is thick higher luster w/ little to no texture but it is able to hold a curl forever. Cambodian-I have some but I haven't installed the hair but it is thick stranded like Filipino & Chinese but with some texture. Russian (asian side not European side) is like thick stranded Indian hair, mid to low luster, straightens well, curls well.

Hth
azahwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azahwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 9:33am
Thank you very much. this answered my question perfectly!
cutescorpio View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutescorpio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:41am
I started a thread in the other weaves section, I'll see if I can find it and post.
myakosua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myakosua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:46am
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

Brazilian is lower luster and coarser. Malaysian is higher luster and smooth-no real texture. Peruvian unsure b/c I never bought that type before. Chinese is thick, shiny but with a couple of washes will get slightly coarser. Filipino is thick higher luster w/ little to no texture but it is able to hold a curl forever. Cambodian-I have some but I haven't installed the hair but it is thick stranded like Filipino & Chinese but with some texture. Russian (asian side not European side) is like thick stranded Indian hair, mid to low luster, straightens well, curls well.

Hth
Thanks I didn't even know this.
ginaa314 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginaa314 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 6:30pm
Filipino hair is closer to black hair because they have black ancestors. There are still black Filipinos. This surprised me....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw2cqa11xpI

Edited by ginaa314 - Dec 11 2012 at 6:30pm
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:30pm
To be honest at this point in the hair games I believe it's all processed chi e or Indian hair to make those different types of textures. Also I. Also t the point to. E it's not bout the origin no more it's about he quality I had Brazilian hair it's a more of coarse texture than Malaysian, however Malaysian hair gets course over time, Peruvian hair, is more silkier for blending your usually need a relaxer to make blending easier...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic