BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hair Stretching techniques for growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 2:36pm
Stretching hair by WRAPPING 

This can work. Perhaps even better results can be achieved by using Extra Wide Magic Leverag Curlformers at wash day first. Then maintain that each night by oiling, wrapping it and using the wig cap and scarf EACH NIGHT.

Edited by LadyAradia - Sep 03 2014 at 2:38pm
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 4:43pm
My magic leverage curlformers came. They gave me the size down about as skinny as a middle finger Confused
I did my whole head. I used pw77 bc my setting lotion did not get here yet. I hope they don't make my bsl hair look like a ronald mcdonald wig Ouch
I will have to order the 4cm size from China later on.

Edited by LadyAradia - Sep 04 2014 at 6:41pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 11:45am
Removing my yarn. Hair is very moist, maybe too much spritzing.   Overcompensating for absorption by he yarn.

Edited by Benni - Sep 05 2014 at 11:52am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 5:12pm
they turned out absolutely gorgeous! The 1" size was not too skinny. The hair did hang. It looked like  the 3a perfect spiral curls like you'd get with  a medium to large curling iron. I combed them out with a detangling comb then separated them and it loosened more and looked so good. Only thing is  I would have to roll it  or something every night to keep the look. It was easy to sleep in them too. I just pushed them under a bonnet and went to sleep. I will do these curlformer sets frequently.
The Organics African Pride  Olive oil setting lotion came. I did a top knot bun with that tonight to test it out.

Edited by LadyAradia - Sep 05 2014 at 5:14pm
shannymatthews View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shannymatthews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 9:21pm
wow. thanks for sharingWink
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2014 at 2:20pm
Banded the roots i didn't feel like washing, DC'ing, and threading....the rest of my threads still in tact...did moisturize my roots and threads well before banding.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2014 at 12:59pm
Hopefully these threads stay in over 2 weeks....won't be putting shea butter on my roots as it makes my hair looks dull and dirty.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2014 at 12:39pm
My threads won't last 2 plus weeks until l get a hair scarf....taking a break from threading...will continue next month.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2014 at 7:53am
I am still using curlformers regularly, especially on co-wash day. The setting lotion I used did not really offer much humidity resistance but it did make the hair feel thicker, dryer and harder to comb through. It caused some strands to tear, snap and break. So IF I use this setting lotion again, it will have to be diluted and with coconut oil on the hair to make the hair more lubricated, supple and tangle resistant. Dry lacquer,gel, setting lotion or mouse coated feeling hair results in breakage, tearing and length reduction of my hair when it is combed...even with the widest tooth comb. This is because my hair is fine and tears easily. The glue from setting lotion, gel, etc are too strong a bond and  when you try to unglue it with a comb it tears. I need emollients, creams and oils on my hair to retain length. No holding products for my hair if I expect to retain length.

PS I actually found that I could comb through my hair without hair falling out on the sink or being left in the comb when I set the hair with PW77 or a leave in conditioner and oil instead of setting lotion. I think I will go back to that for my sets instead of setting lotion.

Edited by LadyAradia - Sep 16 2014 at 2:46pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style