Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hair Stretching techniques for growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

So you say shedding is or is not a problem with threading?

I think she meant that daily shedding seem to be a small/average amount,
but when the shed hair is allowed to accumulate for a week or so with threading, it seem like an awful lot.

Yes that's what i meant.

Edited by rell85 - Aug 25 2014 at 3:16pm
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:34am
I decided I will probably only do a BKT once a year during the heat of Summer, and just make do during the rest of the year. I will just condition like crazy, moisturizer and seal and protective style for most of the year.
I like stretching with ponytail roller sets at each co wash, just doing a top knot bun, or now, satin scarf Pocahontas braid outs sometimes. All of which can get me by during most of the year without a BKT.
Oh, and I'm back to no heat as much as possible. Besides, usually I don't have anything really important to do requiring that my hair look that good.
@ Benni. How's you new hairdo these days?

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 27 2014 at 10:39am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:43pm
How to STRETCH your stretched magic leverage "curlformer" set.

If she doesn't like it big and curly, she can easily WRAP that around her head and tie it down and wake up with straight hair.

I recommend the EXTRA  WIDE magic leverag set for stretching hair

And  twist them every night into a  top knot bun with oils  to protect it until the next morning.
The magic leverag brand comes in a pink and black size which is a whopping 4cm (1 1/2") wide "curlformer" by 19 inches long

You may also  get the 2.5 cm wide (1") magic leverag curlers which are about like the Extra wide CURLFORMERS. But Magic Leverage has a wider 4cm wide size (1.4  ") that are shown above. The 2.5 cm makes like 2c size curls  like in the video above. It is basically like a roller set. You can maintain the 2.5cm size "curlformers" with buns at night  And the 4cm size would make soda can size curls or basically just straighten/ stretch the hair with a slight curve. You can maintain the 4cm size "curlformers" by doing a WRAP on your hair at night for STRAIGHT looks!  So the HUGE 4cm  size magic leverag "curlformers" can be used to straighten natural hair which you then wrap each night with oils and a scarf around the head. May also use a stocking cap or a wig cap THEN the scarf to tie it down each night! 

How to sleep in Magic Leverag curlers
I would loosen them at the roots, hold my head upside down and tie a scarf around them to contain them going upward toward the top of my head.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 31 2014 at 8:34am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 9:25am
UPDATE
slept with the 4 original EXTRA WIDE Curlformers in my long bangs and face framing lengths last night .Had the rest of the head twisted in one bantu knot/  top knot bun. They are so comfy to sleep in even being around the face. I took them out and combed through them with a wide tooth detangling comb. I loosened the one bantu knot (top knot bun) on the top of my head leaving the back still in a high pony. I have loose girlie curls in an updo..  It is the bomb. I LOVE IT SO GIRLIE!!!
the Extra Wide Curlformers are a keeper. I can't wait until my 2.5cm Magic Leverage rollers (the dupes) come. I ordered 20. the 2.5 size is excellent for big girlie curls.  You maintain this size by twisting the hair in a top bun at night. I also want to get the 4cm size for even fatter curls and for when I plan to wrap at night.

I do not think I will try the skinny curlformers bc I am not trying to deal with curls that tight. I prefer the girlie look over the poodle look personally LOL But to each their own.
Oh since I do not have any setting lotion in the house and refuse to put gel in my whole head, I set it with that  Lusti Organics Olive Oil Detangling Spray from Dollar Tree. It worked well with no hold just conditioners. Will let you know how it looks at the end of the day with no setting lotion. I plan to redo the set the same way tonight with the curlformers and the one top bantu knot  so it doesn't need to last for days. I will set every night this way.Thumbs Up I prefer to set it each night and wake up to beautiful hair in the mornings instead of pineappling  and waking up to a matted, messy, tangled mess in the morning which will take my length away by shedding from painful morning detangling. Even worst, some walk around with a tangled mess bc they do NOT even bother to detangle in the mornings Confused. It would also take away the joy of my hair of I woke up to a mess. So a few minutes at night to throw in a few curlformers is worth it to me. Thumbs Up

I went out and sweated a while it did get bigger.  But guess what, it works! It looks fine for these sexy curls to get bigger and a touch of frizz. I just separated them  more with my fingers to make the curls look more appropriate  with the added volume and it looks great.  So yeah, I will redo it tonight and I can't wait until my setting lotion comes. Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 31 2014 at 12:29pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 8:11am
I reset the front tendrils last night in the curlformers with coconut oil. I did not moisten the hair first l last night. This time it straightened the hair a lot and it didn't take much of a curl at all. I guess I DO need to use the skinnier curlformers when I do dry sets with oil or else it will look like 2a hair almost straight. Turned out very silky today. All that puffiness and frizzy from yesterday is gone. It is more like limp today. We'll see how it evolves today with coconut oil.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 10:41am
Threaded....used shea butter instead of the loc method
PecanTan0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PecanTan0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 1:35pm
Thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions gonna try a couple.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 3:45pm
After hair care on Saturday I threaded with weave thread, and as usual they loosened and slipped off.
Yesterday I spritzed with Aloe Vera, applied CO and treaded with yarn.   Left the lower 0.5-1.0 inch out. Will moisturize and lightly oil daily .

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by PecanTan0810 PecanTan0810 wrote:

Thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions gonna try a couple.

Welcome to "Hair Stretching".   

precision View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote precision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 12:25am
How to Stretch Your Relaxer

1.Use a wide tooth comb for hair
2.Use a good Hair detangler
3.Use sulfate-free shampoo for your hair
4.Use Deep condition hair
5.Moisturize and seal
6.Trim ends only as needed
7.Utilize protective styles
8.Wrap hair up at night
9.Balance hair between protein and moisture
10.Take supplements if needed
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair