Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Hair Stretching techniques for growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 4:54pm
Threaded again last night. Cut off 2 inches that appeared to thin.

Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 8:08pm
I think a Pony Tail Roller Wrap should be a go to for all AA women (natural and relaxed alike) for every wash day.
For naturals, you may use jumbo flexi rods or curlformers on the ends of the pony tails instead of magnetic rollers.
Maintain at night by just putting in a few flexi rods or wrapping the hair and a scarf

The ponytails stretch straight the new growth at the roots
The products used are not important just the techniques

Ponytail FLEXI ROD Set

Natural hair

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 18 2014 at 9:24pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 7:43pm
Satin Scarf Braid outs on already stretched hair 

A VERY easy, super sexy, playful and fun style. Oil and Re Braid each night with thick scarves to keep the style fresh and the hair stretched. Will look silkier and better each day after re oiling and rebraiding each night in a few braids with fat scarves.
Thicker, fatter scarves with fewer  braids make fatter beach waves

Great on already stretched hair set with a thick oil like castor oil or shea butter whipped with oils for added silkiness on natural hair.

May maintain the look by rebraiding each night with scarves..

I am going to the thrift store and the dollar store to look for some long scarves like in video one. If I dont find a set, I will get a yard of satin like fabric and simply cut it into strips. I think I will do 2-4 braids with FAT scarves to make large bends in the hair. I am not a fan of tight braid out look on me. I like more of the waving iron look like the last video or even bigger waves like the 1st video.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 21 2014 at 6:06am
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 3:11pm
Taking a break from threds it's my inversion method week...while i love threads still adjusting to seeing large amounts of shed hair...im use to doing my hair daily so when wash day came it'll be close to nothing now it's a ball of shed hair.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 5:23am
So you say shedding is or is not a problem with threading?

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 25 2014 at 7:04am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 6:44am
I did this satin scarf braid set like Yahya's last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuvxTXRCHrc
I used a long hot pink chiffon neck scarf and cut it in half.I then
Did a middle part and did two Pocahontas braids. Satin bonnet and went to sleep.
I see that I can do this with two big swatches of jumbo braid hair instead of or along with scarves sometimes. When you use jumbo braid hair, you don't need thick scarves for bulk, so you can add pretty colorful ribbons instead of scarves to dress it up. The scarves or braid hair serve the purpose of making BIGGER braids which result in FATTER, LOOSER wave pattern from the set (ie more stretch)
I can't wait to see how this set turns out.[/QUOTE]
Ps I woke up and unbraided one side. It is the bomb! A very acceptable loose Indian wave. So I have a new go to... Pocahontas braids with satin scarves and / or jumbo braid hair as a daily protective style! When you take it out you've got ready to wear, natural looking, carefree. loose waves like loose wave or body wave weave hair! Yeah!
So now I will get a bag of jumbo braid hair because I want my Pocahontas braids to be TBL or longer and donkey fat.
I will also get some more chiffon, neck scarves in electric or jewel colors to dress them up.
I love my new go to ps
(You can stretch first with threading if necessary, then do this the second night onward.You can also start out with French braids at the hairline to keep your front roots stretched.Also edge control (Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste), bristle brush and stocking cap w/ tight scarf will help some with stretching for this)

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 25 2014 at 9:41am
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

So you say shedding is or is not a problem with threading?

I think she meant that daily shedding seem to be a small/average amount,
but when the shed hair is allowed to accumulate for a week or so with threading, it seem like an awful lot.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 2:44pm
I took the two braids out and put them back in with kanekalon hair along with the scarves. They are a little below waist length with curls on the 3"of loose ends a at the bottom. I DID put gel on my hair at the roots so it would hopefully stay smooth longer. Will tie it down tonight. Will also m/s + re-do it frequently. I feel like a blonde Native American.
P.S. hopefully the gel will be okay... I'm usually against it.

I used Xcess styling gel sport hold from the dollar store. It supposedly is really light.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 25 2014 at 6:04pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

I took the two braids out and put them back in with kanekalon hair along with the scarves. They are a little below waist length with curls on the loose ends. I DID put gel on my hair at the roots so it would hopefully stay smooth longer. Will tie it down tonight. Will also m/s + re-do it frequently. I feel like a blonde Native American.
P.S. hopefully the gel will be okay... I'm usually against it.

Did you make Flax Seed Gel, or is it store bought.

I have been thinking of making some FSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 3:14pm
I used Xcess gel sport hold from the dollar store. It supposedly is really light. I have some flax seeds so I may make some
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
  Share Topic