BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hair Stretching techniques for growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 2:54pm
Glad to hear all is well Benni. I am just conditioning, oiling and bunning to strengthen my hair after the heat session I did. Trying  not to do much to it other than that right now.
Sponsored Links

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 3:34pm
Thanks, Benni

I threaded last nite did 10...took me 2 hours...i had to tie the ends they kept coming a lose...they're flexible...i had no problems sleeping...they fit under a wig nicely...i wore them out though cause i had pinned them up when i finished.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 7:10pm
rell85 good to know you can do 10-Yarn Braids and still wear your wig.   It gives me hope because everyone has more hair than I do .

Aradia I just remembered something I used on my scalp 4 years ago that caused blistering and scabbing.    It is called PROVILLUS.   I was always on a quest for thicker hair

It really damaged my hair line which is a struggle for me to regrow.

It is slowly coming back, but I must always be careful when I Henna.

I must avoid getting Henna on my scalp in two spots along my hair line, or after the application there will be no hair there.

I know it has nothing to do with the brand of Henna.   I am just flakey that way.... Super sensitive

Edited by Benni - Jul 10 2014 at 7:12pm
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:15pm
Benni if my hair was longer i could get away with 4...im bsl...my front doesn't reach all the way to back so i have to tuck the first one in the second.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 4:54am
Thanks for the story Benni. Thank God, i am not showing any negative effects at all from my heat session. (knoock on wood) I am just doing the oils andd the aphogee as a preventative measure. All seems good (knocks on wood again).
PS Besideds, I took a calculated risk. I did the most passes w the flat iron ONLY in the front triangle between the crown and top of the ears. This would affect only the short layers in the front/top of the hair. I did very few passes on the back of the head where the length is. The front of the head with all the passes is doing fine too due to my babying it (knocks on wood )
My Braggs Liquid Aminos should be here in a few days and I can begin round 2 of my pampering my hair with liquid aminos, oil, eggs, knox gelatin and mayo

I am considering doing a round 3 of pampering with casia obovata, oil and conditioner glaze (blonde "henna") The coating would serve to further strengthen the strands against environmental stresses.

I view length retention sort of like preserving fossils or relics

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 11 2014 at 5:40am
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 1:15pm
Good Luck to you both    

"I view length retention sort of like preserving fossils or relics"    
I know what you mean.   It seem to come so easy, retaining it is the problem even though we do all the necessary things. Hope.....    
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:49pm

Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Good Luck to you both     

"I view length retention sort of like preserving fossils or relics"     
I know what you mean.   It seem to come so easy, retaining it is the problem even though we do all the necessary things. Hope.....     

Yeah Benni, keeping mine oiled with coconut oil almost 24/7 is a huge part of that preservation for me. Also keeping it stretched to avoid knots and tangles that lead to breakage. protectively wrapping it up too is a big one for me. So I basically keep it wrapped up sopping in oil LOL
Last night I co washed and let it air dry. I looked like Diana Ross bc it dried so big LOL 
Today I am allowing myself one day of it loose since it is so fluffy. Tomorrow, back to oiled and wrapped up again LOL

What are you ladies doing to the hair at night to retain the  stretch when you are not threaded? How's it holding up and lasting?

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 12 2014 at 1:57pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 3:26pm
I don't thread for the stretch effect since I do not usually wear my hair out just yet

I am doing it mostly to keep it contained so that I don't have to manipulate it daily even though I spritz and massage often...Doesn't make much sense now that I see it in print    
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 7:23pm
Wish i didn't have an oily scalp...i can feel the oil already...only thing helps it is my sulfur mix...i can assess my scalp but don't feel like smelling sulfur...guess I'll moisturize tomorrow or monday.

Edited by rell85 - Jul 12 2014 at 7:39pm
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 3:17pm
Oiled my scalp with coconut oil seems to be helping...still getting use to the idea of my hair not out.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic