BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Stretching techniques for growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 6:58pm
Forgot my yarn will get it soon...keeping in flat twist up-do till i do.
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:16pm
Took the threads out, and surprisingly they just slipped out without my having to use scissors, which was one of my concerns.

My hair feels moisturized which is a plus, but silly me was enthused because the threads came out intact which means they can be reused.

Can't hide being frugal

Wonder if the hair will be reusable also Y:]

Edited by Benni - Jul 03 2014 at 9:17pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 11:40pm
Temporary Loc Extensions {Marley & Kanekalon hair}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_bzHWuhmns

Sorry I cannot post the Videos just links.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 12:04am
Wish I could do better with these links. Sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvf4VOftDvk&index=37&list=WL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_bzHWuhmns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADeypCUgeC8
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 11:25am
I wished the braiding hair could be just wrapped around real hair guessing for thickness purposes it wouldn't work.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 1:15pm
Here are photos of hair that has been heat trained for looser or more manageable curls

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=332853

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=332853

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztCrQUFsWGI

So heat training (or heat damage LOL) can produce some very beautiful curls on natural hair.  Also, it can leave you with a texture that is smooth enough to roller set and wrap without the use of chemicals or even further heat styling on a regular basis. Heat trained hair (thermalaxed hair) also looks great just air dried with curl moisturizers like Care Free Curl. But heat training must be done judiciously to maintain the "health" of the hair and to achieve and maintain a fairly consistent curl pattern from root to tip. "My Beauty Marc" on youtube lays out an excellent plan for achieving and  maintaining thermalaxed hair.

I have done one session of flat iron heat training now and will do hot oils and protein treatments then reevaluate if I want more sessions of it or can switch over to no heat until time to treat only my new growth. This first session consisted of 20 passes on each strand at a max temp of like 390 degrees or less. MyBeautyMarc has a tighter texture than me and she did 20 passes at 450 degrees. She also required FOUR of such sessions to produce her desired results.
One thing is for sure,  heat training has turned out to be my solution to the humidity that makes my hair revert during Summer Smile

PS: The reasons one might do this are for: length retention,  less shrinkage, less reversion during humidity, easy detangling sessions, less hair loss from detangling, fewer single strand knots,  generally lower manipulation natural hair, an incredibly easy way of giving up relaxers, many more styling options and much easier styling. Furthermore, this may enable one to do wash n goes that were more challenging with non termalaxed hair due to shrinkage. Best of all, you need no products, you only need a flat iron and you are still chemical free!

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 05 2014 at 8:37pm
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:21pm
Semi-stretching with 2 braids.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 7:15pm
Hello ladies. Hope you had a wonderful Holiday.

I threaded my hair again today, but instead of the 7 sections I did last week, I did 19 this today.
Paid more attention to the spacing of the thread.
Hope it last more than 5 days this time.

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 7:57pm
Good luck with it Benni!
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Good luck with it Benni!

Thank You   
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com