Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Hair Stretching techniques for growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 10:23pm
I am willing to try anything at this point.   I am at peak desperation.
Noticing the point at which the breakage is occurring.....About 2 inches from scalp.
Not doing any type of chemical treatments. Everything is natural.
Last box color was 6 years ago. Since then I have been using Henna
Working with pH levels this weekend in everything I use.
My tap water is 7.5 pH....Not too bad !!
I will see what happen in a few weeks of this new treatment.
Always love homemade recipes

Oh, how I dread Summer    

Edited by Benni - Aug 03 2014 at 10:27pm
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 2:44am
About 2 " from scalp could be where your thread first hits the hair when you bundle hair in groups. So like at the root of the threading bundles.  The hair that is pulled tightly across   is maybe getting cut by your threads cutting into them. 
Maybe not for you or use a softer substance than your current thread. Yarns are not ideal but are obviously much softer than something like coat thread. Might have to allow a little slack at the roots too if you keep threading instead of braiding..
I really wish you a lot of luck with this Benni. But it really sounds like maybe threads are too sharp for your fragile hair.
PS Maybe you can write to the African braider who did the first video in this thread and ask her what she recommends to thread fragile hair.
I did my research. I actually called the lady at Uncurly before I ordered it. She and I spoke on the phone quite a bit before I did it to my hair and I feel I made a good and informed decision for myself. Maybe you should write World of Braiding to get some more tips on how to protect your hair in the process of threading.
Remember almost every technique worth learning usually requires a bit of fine tuning to perfect.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 04 2014 at 8:49am
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 1:21pm
Thanks for the suggestions Aradia this makes sense, but the threading is not that important. I am doing it only because my braids become loose after just a few hours, and I wanted to just keep my hands out of my hair too often.

I am also considering that my hair may be over moisturized.

I will keep exploring.

How is your Keratin Treatment working
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 2:07pm
I am glad to hear you've got it under control. Thanks for asking about my keratin treatment. I co washed yesterday for the 2nd time and I still love it a lot. It did loosen my hair a little bit and I still don't have shrinkage or reverting when I smooth it now. It stays styled smooth and that was what I was trying so hard to get.

I keep reading about them and a lot of people say that your curls get even looser the next time you do it. That does not worry me but it did worry some who wanted to keep a really curly look. They were told to just put the keratin on the roots only and flat iron the roots only when time for a touch up. The standard technique is to do the whole head over in 3 months  but it will cause the curls to get even looser... That is what I will do. I am researching which brand I will use next time in a few months. I am leaning toward Keratin Research because it is cheaper than uncurly but has realy good reviews also. I read really good things about QOD  Silver for color treated hair also but that one is really expensive.

WO!! Look at that SHINE that came up on her hair with the keratin treatment! It looks like she has silky straight weave hair in there but that is her real hair with a keratin treament! And QOD actually straightens instead of texturizing.  And you don't have to leave it 3 days with this one wow! .... OK I think I will have what she's having LOL (My only criticism of the stylists is that they left at least one inch of new growth untreated! That is a technique you can use on Caucasian hair so it will be less flat. Not applicable to AA hair as it is leaving ng Confused)

But yes, this is a real keeper for me at this point. It smoothed my hair, makes the hair look healthy, shiny and makes the straight styles last.  Mine did not get straight like the girl in the video. Mine went up to 3a/2c when wet and that gets knocked out to a larger roller set look by doing a bun. The hair does feel a little stronger  too. So I am liking it. I may go with  a formaldehyde free formula next time and use low temp flat iron again to keep a loose wave . I haven't decided if I want it straight or like this again next time. But I will figure it out by that time. Keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps acting like it has some sense. Wink 

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 04 2014 at 3:23pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 3:38pm
Great...

Yes, her hair does look healthy, shiny and strong

Edited by Benni - Aug 04 2014 at 3:42pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 2:06pm
I had to go somewhere today and my hair crimped up a little bit before I got there. It was not as bad as before I got the BKT at all.... But I did not look well groomed in the style I had intended to have at all. SO, I guess I got my answer. I will have to do it as straight as possible next time for my tastes. I am personally never really into wearing curly hair  when I need to go anywhere important ever. I can get curly looks easily by doing one or two bantu knot top knots so that is really easy if I ever get in the mood to do a playful big look. But for when I want my straight hair when I have to go somewhere.... I guess the texlaxed 3a look is just a transitional phase for me. I will have to make it smoother when I do my touch up Keratin treatment in a few months. 
Also, I have a lot of gray hair in the front of my head. It is crinkled unlike my natural hair. That texture crinkled all up as I sweated  and it generally made me start to look frazzled like I had been through the mill  although I had blown it smooth before I left home. Again it is no where near as bad as it was before BKT because then I looked like an electrocuted Diana Ross wig. Now I just looked like I had  done my hair a week or 2 ago and got caught in the rain a few times and beaten up a bit in the mean time Ouch LOL
So it is making it easier for me to stay a little closer to the groomed straight styles that I like.... closer but still no cigar in real heat.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 8:07pm
    at the Diana Ross comparison,

Glad it is still working out for you even though there are kinks to work out. Minor though they may be.

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 1:23pm
May have to co-wash and thread...hair staring to puffy...only cause i moisturized.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 2:27pm
My braids are holding up, although they look like loose crochet chains
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:43pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>
  Share Topic