Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Pressing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHair still Bushy after flat ironing..Help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair still Bushy after flat ironing..Help!!!
    Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 1:59pm
I guess you can say I'm natural. Haven't had a relaxer in about 2 years, but never cut off my relaxed hair. Anyway, every time I flat iron my hair and follow it with a fine tooth comb, it is still bushy and doesn't look like I even flat ironed my hair. What am I doing wrong? I'm going to try and post a pic on here in a few if I can...

And my hair still feels dry..I just stopped wearing crochet braids..been wearing them since August and decided to take a break from it.
Sponsored Links

Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 2:04pm
moisture moisture moisture

and you need to give more info lol

what routine did you use beforehand? products, what flat iron etc...
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 4:37pm
Ok, lately I wash my hair when I'm taking out my crochet braids, so I use sauave clarifying shampoo and then I use a Sauve Conditioner. After all of that I use Shea Moisture (bought from Target) Curl Enhancing Smoothie w/ coconut oil, silk protein, and Neem Oil.....then I comb through my hair and either let it dry over night or blow dry and then I flat iron and follow through with a small tooth comb. The flat iron I use is a Conair and its a small flat iron...

After that its still bushy so I put water on a brush and brush my hair smooth then apply the clear gel and brush that in and put my hair in a pony tail and call it a day. Let me try to post a pic, I still haven't tried.
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 6:23pm
I can't get the pic to load, but any insight on what I should do would be appreciated. I just went and bought some doo gro hair oil so I'm going to wash my hair tonight and try using hair oil and see if that helps. 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2012 at 4:35am
Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

I can't get the pic to load, but any insight on what I should do would be appreciated. I just went and bought some doo gro hair oil so I'm going to wash my hair tonight and try using hair oil and see if that helps. 
After you shampoo apply Roux porosity control conditioner to your hair leave on 10minutes Rinse this out with cool/cold water. This will close your cuticle and lock in the moisture that you need. Don't forget your leave in conditioner and heat protectant. Make sure your flat iron is ceramic all the way. With hair completely de-tangled take small sections and flat iron chasing the hair with a fine tooth comb. Apply natural oils when finished.....Now I have very coily long hair and with this combination my hair gets straight and last for more than a week. It only takes me 2 passes with the flat iron on 340, and I do not even flat iron my hair more than twice a year. I also prefer to use grease to keep my hair straight. For me grease is the only thing that will hold my curls and flat iron. But you can use natural oils such as: olive, coconut oil or avocado. Castor oil is good if you like a heavier oil, like I do. Almond oil is a wonderful light oil that is good for straight styles.
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2012 at 9:48am
Thank you Veemack! I"m going to see if I can find the Roux conditioner today. Also, I need a ceramic flat iron, because I don't think mine is ceramic...I need a new one anyway. I never use grease, but I bought some yesterday since my hair always look so dry I figured grease would fix that.

I'll try this and see if it works!! Thanks!!!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2012 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

Thank you Veemack! I"m going to see if I can find the Roux conditioner today. Also, I need a ceramic flat iron, because I don't think mine is ceramic...I need a new one anyway. I never use grease, but I bought some yesterday since my hair always look so dry I figured grease would fix that.

I'll try this and see if it works!! Thanks!!!
You are very welcome. Yes a ceramic flat iron will allow your hair to retain some moisture better than a regular flat iron. You can feel the difference. Grease will not add more moisture to your hair. But the Roux conditioner will help you to retain the moisture from your conditioner. It helps with your overly porous issues. You can find it at most BSS supply stores near the hair color. It is PH balanced for your hair.....Grease is not for everyone, but it helps my tightly coily hair keep its flat iron and curls. It can help to seal in your moisturizer. I think you will see a big difference in your dry hair issues when your use the Roux conditioner. Please do not forget to rinse with cool/cold water this is important.

Another alternative to the Roux conditioner: mix 1/4 cup of ACV with 2 cups of filtered water. Apply all over hair as your final step in your shampoo routine. Let sit on hair for 4 minutes, rinse with cool water for at least 3 minutes. Proceed with leave in and styling.

I do find that the Roux works better for keeping the hair flat ironed. But the above is a cheap alternative.
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2012 at 5:27pm
Sally Beauty Supply has it ( the Roux), its 20 minutes away, so I will be going tomorrow to get it. I always wondered why the beauticians always used cold water for a final rinse. Thanks for that tip!

On my next wash day, I will let you know how my hair turns out! Thank you!!
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2012 at 8:13pm
Do you have split ends? That can be an obvious deterrent to straight hair. 
trendzbytammy22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2012 at 4:51pm
      Let my help you honey. Get a perm. Natural is not for everyone. I sounds good to say I'm natural but it is a lot of work. I never understand why poeple say, "I want to be natural" then keep straightening their hair. Being natural doesn't just mean no perms. Part of being natural is rocking your natural curl pattern. It sounds like your hair in it's natural state is curly. Maybe even kinky. If you like it like that, then cut the rest of that perm off and be natural. It's probably damaged by now anyway. If not, get a perm. Some people try to make a statement but have nothing to say.   
Trendz by Tammy Black Hair Salon
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic