Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
DixieDarlin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair sticking out?
    Posted: Oct 06 2011 at 9:17pm

I think this goes for both natural and relaxed hair. I'm relaxed though.

My hair has that swang, and I don't put much product in my hair. But whenever I look down, or I put my head down, my hair sticks straight out.. kind of like it spikes out. I don't know how to describe it well.

Is there anything I can do?
Sponsored Links

iLoveMrCortez View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2011 at 11:12pm
Try a finishing product to make it lay down?
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2011 at 12:20am
What products do you use? sounds like its dry. But I'm confused about what's going on, cause if it has swang...then it shouldnt be stuck out in the air when you look down.. I thought they were mutually exclusive. Do you mean like when you look down, your hair is suspended up in the air off your neck (like an inch or so)... or do  you mean when you look down your hair is stringy and falls straight forward in sticks? I assume you mean the first

But...my hair feels super soft today. I used Hask placenta henna stuff http://www.amazon.com/Hask-Placenta-Henna-Hair-Treatment/product-reviews/B000926WME/ref=sr_1_2_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 along with my usual stuff (mostly just the ion silk drops from sallys, beyond the zone heat protection and pink oil moisturizer..oh and a little cantu shea) Lol it seems like I used a lot of product but I actually don't.. just a little amount of a lot of different ones. My hair cant take a lot cause its fine, but it needs all of them for different reasons.

Maybe you're not using enough product.. OR you're using something too heavy? (blue magic or something?)

Try the Henna placenta and silk drops I mentioned! I like them both

Edited by Lite Brite - Oct 07 2011 at 12:21am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2011 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

What products do you use? sounds like its dry. But I'm confused about what's going on, cause if it has swang...then it shouldnt be stuck out in the air when you look down.. I thought they were mutually exclusive. Do you mean like when you look down, your hair is suspended up in the air off your neck (like an inch or so)... or do  you mean when you look down your hair is stringy and falls straight forward in sticks? I assume you mean the first

But...my hair feels super soft today. I used Hask placenta henna stuff http://www.amazon.com/Hask-Placenta-Henna-Hair-Treatment/product-reviews/B000926WME/ref=sr_1_2_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 along with my usual stuff (mostly just the ion silk drops from sallys, beyond the zone heat protection and pink oil moisturizer..oh and a little cantu shea) Lol it seems like I used a lot of product but I actually don't.. just a little amount of a lot of different ones. My hair cant take a lot cause its fine, but it needs all of them for different reasons.

Maybe you're not using enough product.. OR you're using something too heavy? (blue magic or something?)

Try the Henna placenta and silk drops I mentioned! I like them both

I moisturize and seal every single day, sometimes twice a day, but I'm changing my moisturizer pretty soon (The ORS Moisturizer) since it's a little too heavy. So dryness is not much of an issue.. sometimes it is though.
And yes, I do mean the first one. It doesn't go STRAIGHT out. My hair is pretty thick. But it still sticks out...
But thanks! I'll try the henna placenta and the silk drops!
breBR3bre View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2011 at 3:58pm
Maybe they are fly away hairs, strings of hair for some reason either just wont lay or have broken off so their shorter
Dance.Love.Live View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2011 at 1:41pm
I know I'm not of much help but this used to happen to me before I started my hj. It was really annoying. But over time that problem seemed to go away idk it's really weird lol
Fashionista922 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2011 at 12:43pm
I know exactly what your talking about. I stopped putting oil on my hair and that helped the most. I use cones instead to seal and my hair. I know people seem to hate cones around here, but they seal your hair without clumping the ends together like oils do. Right now I'm hooked on Ion glossing mist. Find it at Sallys bss.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2011 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Fashionista922 Fashionista922 wrote:

I know exactly what your talking about. I stopped putting oil on my hair and that helped the most. I use cones instead to seal and my hair. I know people seem to hate cones around here, but they seal your hair without clumping the ends together like oils do. Right now I'm hooked on Ion glossing mist. Find it at Sallys bss.

Hmm thanks, I'll take this into consideration, and the rest of the advice!
I now think I've found the reason why - thinning. I've realized whenever I wore sweaters, scarves, fleeces, etc with my hair out, then when I looked down it did the hair-sticking-out thing. But when I wear off shoulder tops or simple flat clothes, it stuck down. I'll work on that.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic