Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Hair Steamers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Prize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Steamers
    Posted: Jun 07 2010 at 8:20pm
Does anyone use a hair steamer? If so, have you noticed a difference in your hair?

I am thinking about purchasing one from Ebay. It is said that hair steamers help the conditioner penerate more and it makes the hair very soft. I went to a Salon where this was used once and I loved it despite the hot water dripping on my skin.

Sponsored Links

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 10:26am

Proudly raises hand**Big%20smile

I have been using my steamer since Sept 2009. Great investment. It absolutley helps with the conditioner penetrating the strands.

I got mine from lcl beauty (formerly Salons R us) http://lclbeauty.com/products.php?cat=9 . They have good prices, great customer service and a 1 year warranty.. you should check them out (over ebay.. unless you are looking for a tabletop steamer)

Prize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 11:21am
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

Proudly raises hand**Big%20smile

I have been using my steamer since Sept 2009. Great investment. It absolutley helps with the conditioner penetrating the strands.

I got mine from lcl beauty (formerly Salons R us) http://lclbeauty.com/products.php?cat=9. They have good prices, great customer service and a 1 year warranty..you should check them out (over ebay.. unless you are looking for a tabletop steamer)

I am going to purchase one tomorrow from that website! Do you steam with or without a cap? How many times a week do you use it?
Prize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 11:26am
Here is some more information for others who may want to purchase a steamer.

It is basically like a Sauna for your scalp and has many benefits for your scalp and hair including

Benefits

- Better Circulation in Scalp leading to better hair growth

- Cleanses Scalp, removing dirt and dead skin

- Brings moisture to your Roots and hair shaft

- Leaves your hair soft and smooth

- Great for Dandruff Sufferer's

- Stops Dryness and hair Breakage

- Makes hair stronger and healthier

- Improves Hair Color Treatments

- Can also act as a Facial Steamer

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hair-Steamer-Hair-Treatment---Setup-and-Benefits
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 12:29pm
I do not use a cap while steaming.

Currently I only steam 1x a week for 45 minutes.

Here is a great BHM thread on steaming
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 12:39pm
 I have the PRO-1037A - Professional Beauty Salon Hair Steamer from the site. I got it when they had the 10.00 off coupon and free s& h. I have read a few complaints about the other model on their site (the black one) 

Here is a great thread from LHCF that made me decide to purchase the steamer

Input Steamer on LHCF search feature and you will find alot of nice info
Prize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

I do not use a cap while steaming.

Currently I only steam 1x a week for 45 minutes.

Here is a great BHMthread on steaming

Thank you!!!
ms_sparkles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_sparkles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2016 at 6:04pm
I dug up this thread to say I just received my pro1037a steamer and I LOVE it! Great investment. I was initially going to get a Pibbs dryer but after some research this seemed to be a better investmemt.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2016 at 7:45pm
Thank you ms sparkles ^^^ I need a good steamer.

Edited by india100 - Jul 27 2016 at 7:46pm
ms_sparkles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_sparkles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2016 at 8:15pm
No problem. Some folks noticed a difference after the first use others after several. My hair was softer. I'm going to have to adjust my steamer because I felt the nape of my neck was neglected.

Did I say how good this felt?! Can't wait to use it again!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic