FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair shaming in the black community

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair shaming in the black community
    Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 6:03pm
bhm ate all my post up. sigh...starting again. grrr

There is a woman on facebook who stays shaming black women for wearing wigs/weaves/relaxers and even hair colour. She pisses me offLOL. I am going to unlike her selling page (African cloth bags etc). Why can't she have another account rather than put "potential" customers off with her views? if anyone dares to comment about choice, she is defensive, rude and pulls the 'you women hate yourself and I speak the truth blah blah blah. In her world, if you walk around without a mini afro (her) you desire to be a yt woman and you're in denial. Her tone is so haughty. Sell your goods women and keep it moving! 

She recently had EXTENSIONS but as she put it...that's alright. It's an AFRICAN style. 

I know this debate has been done to death but WHY can't people let people BE! 

Her latest gem. 

Sponsored Links

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 6:07pm
Till a bish pay my bills I won't allow her to shame me for any damn thang.

That being said, eff her.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 6:07pm
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 6:08pm
In order to make themselves feel good about their life choices, insecure people feel the need to shame others who make a different choice. 
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 6:10pm
I wouldn't buy from and tell her that her views give bad customer service. -shrugs
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 6:10pm
I find the same ppl that blab about natural hair never like to have natural faces

Meh
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

I find the same ppl that blab about natural hair never like to have natural faces

Meh
I really don't think one has to do with the other...and that is the problem
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 6:15pm
Well self hatred is an epidemic in the black community, and it does affect a lot of our decisions so ignoring it doesn't help. Some people just do know when they're doing too much though. I have very strong opinions on the subject, but I never express them unless I am asked.

About 5 of my friends have gone natural because of me, but not because I tried to convince any of them.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

bhm ate all my post up. sigh...starting again. grrr

There is a woman on facebook who stays shaming black women for wearing wigs/weaves/relaxers and even hair colour. She pisses me offLOL. I am going to unlike her selling page (African cloth bags etc). Why can't she have another account rather than put "potential" customers off with her views? if anyone dares to comment about choice, she is defensive, rude and pulls the 'you women hate yourself and I speak the truth blah blah blah. In her world, if you walk around without a mini afro (her) you desire to be a yt woman and you're in denial. Her tone is so haughty. Sell your goods women and keep it moving! 

She recently had EXTENSIONS but as she put it...that's alright. It's an AFRICAN style. 

I know this debate has been done to death but WHY can't people let people BE! 

Her latest gem. 

LOLexactly smh...clearly she doesn't care about her business that much otherwise she'd keep her opinions to herself
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 6:25pm
Exactly Cheryl. She was cryig around Xmas that no ones buys her goods and she gets no support from her fellow black people whilst we give our black money to Mr Patel who hates us for yt woman hair but she can barely afford to do what she loves because black people don't support her. She is super talented but is so opinionated. 

She doesn't have a discussion (which is fine) but it's constant shaming (doesn't shame me or I imagine, other women) but it's annoying and has a feel of looking down on her customers. 

I will be on her page thinking "Oh that's beautiful" on an item and BAM! gifs and comments on black women hating themselves. 

She is one of the most confused pro black person I have run into lately. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic