Hair shaming in the black community

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

I find the same ppl that blab about natural hair never like to have natural faces

Meh

She wears A LOT of make up. Suits her but meh. She is against hair colour as well. 
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 8:39pm
It says a lot that her statements are considered so offensive. You don't come for a black woman's hair hat, that's one thing you DON'T do, or you will be alone in this world smh.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 8:46pm
Can't stand natural nazis....Get a life and worry about your own naps.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

bhm ate all my post up. sigh...starting again. grrr
I know this debate has been done to death but WHY can't people let people BE! 

Her latest gem. 

But that chile in the blonde does look silly, LOL

Are you really offended because this example really doesn't look like shaming tbh.  We've had threads about blonde hair here and the majority feel it's ratchet.

Honestly it's only recently within the past 5years or so naturals were "accepted" by black women as an alternative to perming, weaving and wig wearing.  When I started being natural in 2005 hardly I'd say roughly 10-20% of the women I saw here were natural. and now its more like 60%-70% and growning.

Naturals were treated like second class citizens then and still in some ways still treated condescendingly by non-naturals.
  So if the woman wants to pump her fist and scream Natural Hair Power, I ain't mad at her Just don't visit her page any more but it kind of sounds like you are being overly sensitive perhaps.  Or to put it the BHM way: hit dogs holla?
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 9:55pm
Her business is suffering because she is alienating the very people she tryna sell to. Nobody is buying her stuff? Where the other naturals at? Don't blame the women that you're talking down to for not supporting you. You don't have to have a business degree to know basic PR.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:11am
natural nazis are so 2009...played out and redundant.

people who are already ashamed of their hair know themselves and dont need any shaming imo.

Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

I find the same ppl that blab about natural hair never like to have natural faces

Meh

aint that the truth.....
even people who dont generally wear makeup, pile on a bunch as soon as they go natural....
its kinda odd

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:26am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Her business is suffering because she is alienating the very people she tryna sell to. Nobody is buying her stuff? Where the other naturals at? Don't blame the women that you're talking down to for not supporting you. You don't have to have a business degree to know basic PR.

I don't think women with relaxers and weaves are interested in her wares to begin with...
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:32am
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

Her latest gem. 

But this is so true, though. Hit dogs hollering.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:36am
I reaaaally don't get BHM's need to push the issue of self hatred under the rug like it's not a cancer in our community. 

Yes, we're allowed to have preferences, but what's guiding that preference? The answer to that question is why so many of us suffer from an inferiority complex...yet expect to build lucrative communities full of self loving black people. Oh.

Let me not derail your thread, ma. I know you expected the majority to eviscerate ole girl in the OP's opinion with some witty remark.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:37am
Hottie is protective styling...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>