Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Hair Gels, Oils, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHair Rinses/semi permanant color

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
pleasehelp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Rinses/semi permanant color
    Posted: Apr 22 2007 at 5:10pm
Please my sisters help me.  I want to but a rinse in my hair for the first time to color up my gray.  What is the process?  Do you wash, condition and then put the rinse or wash, rinse and condition?  What are some tips for a first timer.  Also, is there a specific kind i should use.  Thanks a bunch
Sponsored Links

DEVONN2004 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2007 at 11:24am

Hello, I have a semi-permanent color rinse currently and i rinse my hair every time i get a relaxer. Relax your hair, after washing out the relaxer thoroughly, apply a deep conditioner and the semi-permanent rinse. Sit under a hood dryer for as long as you can(the longer you let the rinse sit on your hair the better it will look). If you don't want to sit under a dryer just put a plastic cap on and go about your daily routine until you're  ready to wash it out. Wash the rinse out of your hair with a moisturizing shampoo such as Creme of Nature. My hair is alway so pretty after i'm done. Hope this helps,let me know how it turned out.

NaturallyDivine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 6:39pm
I use Jazzing by Clairol (Bluest Black). A rinse is great if you plan to go darker and yes I wash, condition, and then put the rinse on towel dried hair. With Jazzing it becomes a semi-perm. if you sit under the dyer for 30 mins. it has no ammonia and that is a good thingWink.
latosha View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 7:52pm
i would suggest bigen. its a permenent, but it has no ammonia or peroxide, and its specially made for covering gray.
Shushawnna View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2007 at 8:02pm
I know this post is old, but just for info sake,

You can and should put a rinse on directly after shampooing relaxer out.  The semipermanent rinse actually acts as a conditioner.  You are actually lessening the intensity of the color by using a conditioner first or with the color.  The only thing you should add is maybe some drops of protein.  Think of the hair like a sponge. it can only soak up so much.  So, filling the hair shaft with conditioner leaves little room for color.  The color may take, but it will fade quicker, and for gray, it wont take as well.  Just a little FYI.  I think most directions tell you to put the color on directly after rinsing relaxer.  and then after you shampoo the rinse out with a conditioning moisturizing shampoo, then comb some conditioner through and rinse to detangle.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic