Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair rinses in lieu of conditioner?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair rinses in lieu of conditioner?
    Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 4:59pm

Hi ladies,

I would like to slowly but surely simplify my regimen starting with conditioners since it's the first product to go. LOL What are your opinions or experiences with using hair rinses instead of traditional conditioners? I'm thinking of using an aloe + oil concoction  as a co-wash and will continue to shampoo 1x weekly as usual. Thanks in advance for your help. 
Sponsored Links

natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:37pm
Just to be clear,

Will you be opting to just utilize the hair rinses in place of conditioner?  
The aloe would provide you with moisture for your hair.  What would you be following up with after the hair rinse tp keep your hair from drying out and tangling?

Curious to see what others have to say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

Just to be clear,

Will you be opting to just utilize the hair rinses in place of conditioner?  
The aloe would provide you with moisture for your hair.  What would you be following up with after the hair rinse tp keep your hair from drying out and tangling?

Curious to see what others have to say

Thanks for responding. I would use a leave in (Giovanni) then seal with Rice Bran oil. 
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 9:00pm
I don't think it will harm your hair.

May I ask why you are opting to take conditioner out of the equation as most are doing the opposite...removing shampoo from the regime.

what are the benefits of rice bran oil?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:29am
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

I don't think it will harm your hair.

May I ask why you are opting to take conditioner out of the equation as most are doing the opposite...removing shampoo from the regime.

what are the benefits of rice bran oil?

I am trying to move to a DIY routine where I use very little purchased products and I feel that my creamy leave in can work as a conditioner in providing my hair with extra moisture and since I'll still wash on a weekly basis-product build up will be averted. 

I have been using rice bran oil for 6 months and I LOVE it, it has made my hair darker and shiny not to mention strong. Rice Bran oil is also high in ceramides. Some facts about ceramides from BHM.

• Hold the scales of the hair cuticle together, which in healthy hair results in smooth and lustrous hair.   In damaged hair, the ceramides are missing and results in dull, coarse and dry hair.

Benefits of Ceramides:

• Application of natural ceramides to damaged hair improves the scale of the hair cuticle and restores the natural properties of the hair.

Oh, and RBO is cheap and I love cheap. :-) Thanks again, Natural Essence for your input. 
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:46am
I use a mud wash. So, unless my hair scalp is significantly dirty, I almost never use traditional shampoo and conditioner. I usually clarify with an ACV rinse and then wash with the mud wash. I found that in addition to my henna rinses, it left my scalp more nourished/moisturized and my hair responded better.

I would say as long as you're washing regularly, you don't necessarily need traditional poos & cons.

ETA: after this I follow up with usually my coconut oil and my shea/mango butter mix. I don't experience any extreme tangling, and along with my GHE'ing and consistent moisturizing reggie, my hair stays pretty hydrated.

Edited by modelbusiness82 - Feb 12 2013 at 1:49am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 11:42pm
Thank you ModelBusiness. Seems like my little idea isn't too wacky after all. Tongue
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic