Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hair rejecting relaxers. Why?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Pipedream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipedream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair rejecting relaxers. Why?
    Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 7:14pm
So I've been getting relaxers since I was a small child. Never had a problem with them. But for the past 2 years (I'm 24), they've stopped working. I still use regular strength relaxers,but I've changed brands and they still do not take. My hair is always underprocessed even if I let the relaxer stay on for 10 minutes more than the recommended time. I always wait 3-4 months to try the process again.

Why is my hair rejecting relaxers now? Any other ladies had this problem?
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 7:23pm
It could be related to age.  Or the particular brand you were faithful to altered the ingredients to make you spend more.
ShadeTree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadeTree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 8:07am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

It could be related to age.  Or the particular brand you were faithful to altered the ingredients to make you spend more.

why would her age affect her relaxer result? does hair get kinkier with age?
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by ShadeTree ShadeTree wrote:

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

why would her age affect her relaxer result? does hair get kinkier with age?

For some people yes.  It could also be coarser with age.  Plus I have heard that after a woman gives birth, their hair texture changes.  Some people hairs gets curlier and for others it gets straighter.
Nikkay2Desire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikkay2Desire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 3:41pm
With time our bodies change... hair is certainly included. Just as gray hair is hard to color... The chemical balances shift which could be making your hair resistant to the relaxer. 

You may want to seek a professional for a professional grade relaxer specific to your needs and concerns. I know in this time we all want to save a buck, but don't do it at the expense of healthy hair. :)
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 11:21pm
i once read that maybe your hair is really damaged and that its basically like...im not gonna take this anymore. lol

thats what i read....
happygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:33pm
There are a few factors you could consider and that is diet and medications. As we get older and we take on certain medications or health conditions can affect the structure of your hair making it more resistant. Relaxer closer together like within a 6-8 week span of time and leave the relaxer on for a shorter period of time when processing and that will more likely solve your problem.
missjewel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missjewel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 2:31am
How often are you putting them on your hair? At one point, my hair did the same thing. I then switched to super. Little did I know, my hair was overprocessed. I was doing them every four to six weeks. ...I just figured my hair was super nappy lol. Until I bought my first wig, then I was getting it braided all the time and once went five months without a perm and when I finally got one my hair was so silky and straight. I hadn't seen it like that in years! My hair was so pretty and healthy and stayed straight for the longest and I didnt even work the perm when I was putting it on there. It was only a regular too. I hope you find your solution like I did. Good luck! !
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply