Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hair Rant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iChinaaBanks View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Rant
    Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 3:34am
Not going on a rant,although I should, but let’s stop with the self righteousness shall we? I’m so sick of black people putting other blacks down because of what they choose to do with their hair. My main problem is with those who put others down because they love and wear blonde weaves & wigs. It’s a NEW DAY, and everyone is free to do what they like.

Actually, let me rant. I am an obsessed freak over bleach blonde hair. I wear it, and so does other people. I think it looks beautiful against our skin color. I think it washes white or light skin out. I’m not “trying to be white”, I just love the hair color. Are whites trying to be black when they dye their blonde hair brown and black? No, so I should be able to wear any hair color I choose. Why are black blondes more accepted in faster paced cities like Miami, NYC, ATL, and LA? I get tons of stares living in Connecticut, but praised at home in NYC.

If you don’t like it, don’t look at it. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. You all praise your Nicki Minajs (although Lil Kim did it first and turned the game around), so why can’t I do it? Nicki Minaj bleached her skin and she’s now whiter than the average white person, but that’s another post for another day.

I said all that to say this: IT’S JUST HAIR! WE DO NOT WANT TO BE WHITE NOR DO WE HATE OURSELVES! Stop being so old fashioned and get with the program!
Sponsored Links

imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 3:46am
I feel you 100% but for us (black women) it will never be just hair. People (non black and black) are going to judge you and make assumptions on how you wear your hair.

Weave-hair yourself, trying to be white( because you know white folk are the only people with straight hair), lazy, and my personal favorite baldheaded
Relaxer-hate yourself, trying to be white, gonna get cancer and die.
Natural- depending on your hair texture your will get different comments, but most will assume Afrocentric, hippie, think your better
Black woman with long hair- trying to be white (because you know only white folk have long hair) you have to be mixed because black folk can't grow long hair smh

So on and so forth, no matter what we do we will be critiqued and or mocked. I say do you, and wear what you like. You owe no one an explanation. Whenever I encounter crap, I just feed the b.s. Back. If they say you're trying to be white just be like no actually I was trying to be Asian do you think I'm doing a good job? Shoot I love messing with people and showing them how stupid they are being by acting stupid right along with them.

Edited by imfunsized - Nov 22 2013 at 3:54am
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 3:50am
Yes and they be so mad! Lmaooooo I feel better now.
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 11:32am
I would ignore them and do you. Since 1999/2000 I have rocked varying degrees of blond hair - from colouring my own hair blond, to blond braids with pink tips (like lil mo/Beyonce) to synthetic curly weaves in blond to ombre blond ends for the past two summers. Express yourself and live your life. There will always be someone who does not like what you do so please hit the ignore button on them.

Also simply post your install pics on BHM so we can tell you how fly it looks! 
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 11:52am
Your money.... your life...your head. LIVE FOR U NOT FOR PEOPLE

Edited by Brjasuga51 - Nov 22 2013 at 3:55pm
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 11:59am
Thanks boos. I know, it's just annoying af. Like get off me & go find your child's father -.- worrying about my hair when y'all hoes got bigger mysteries to solve 😂😂😂😂
MochaBarbieDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MochaBarbieDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 12:03pm
I say do what you feel. Just make sure the style looks cute :)
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 12:04pm
lol...
BelleAmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BelleAmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by iChinaaBanks iChinaaBanks wrote:

Thanks boos. I know, it's just annoying af. Like get off me & go find your child's father -.- worrying about my hair when y'all hoes got bigger mysteries to solve 😂😂😂😂

Fvcking dead @ this LOLLOLLOLLOL
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 6:30pm
What people fail to mention is that there are dark skinned people with naturally blonde hair. Are they trying to be "white" as well?! The "dark skinned girls shouldn't wear coloured contacts" thing bothers me as well. If they like it, why do you care? They act like they're connected to these women Siamese twin style, and they have to be seen with them. Kick rocks...

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic