Extensions Plus

Hair products you LOVE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
mizsassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizsassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2006 at 9:11pm

CryMy hair gets sooo dry. I go to the Dominican salons like once every two weeks for a wash and set and a deep conditioner. I use really good products, but can't really find something to moisturize my hair with. I donít really like grease.

I find it to be too heavy. I wrap my hair, and I like it pretty light and flowie. When i use grease or a cream-example (Mango butterPinchThumbs Down), they tend to weigh my hair down, and it really messes up the texture.  Anyone know of some sort of spray, or oil, or grease thatís really light, and will allow me to keep a light but moisturized texture. The lighter the better!!

Products i'm using:

Breakthrough Shampoo (Great Slip!!!ClapThumbs UpHeart) Can't beat it!!!!

ORS olive oil treatment in the yellow packet( Thumbs UpThumbs Up)

Aphogee- I use every now and then Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links

Priestess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priestess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2006 at 9:50pm

Miazsassy, have you tried NTM Silk Touch?  It has an extremely light texure.  It's so light that when everyone was raving about it at lhcf I was skeptical beacuse I tried some on my hand at a store, and thought it was way to light to effectively moisturize.  But I took a chance on it and now see what everyone is talking about.  It's a great moisturizer that makes your hair soft and smells great.

Also Profective makes an oil sheen which is a great moisturizer.  I use it when I want to keep my hair swinging out of a wrap or rollerset.  It has no mineral oil, and contains everything good like olive, coconut , jojoba and castor oils, cocoa & shea butter, vitamins A&E.

Edited by Priestess - Apr 08 2006 at 9:51pm
DefinateBlessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefinateBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2006 at 10:01pm
Mizsassy! "Nourish & Shine #175" has done wonders for my friends hair. She too has extreemly dry hair and scalp. The hairdresser mixed it with a light oil just prior to wrapping and blow drying her hair. It was amazing! The texture that had looked like 'pillow-rub' dryness was smooth and whole-the shafts that is. Her scalp was shiney and moist. Yet, when I touched her hair, nothing was left on my hand. I never heard of this product and wanted to know if it was for oily scalp patrons also. I have oily scalp with dry hair. I have been using older products: New Era 2000 Hair Reconstructor, Mizani Shampoo, Hask Henna 'n' Placenta, and Profectiv anti-tangle leave in. The oil is wonderfully light that I use just prior to flat-curling: Ashea professional Lite. My products are working, but I wanted to get an even lighter oil. It does rub off on my hands and the
"Nourish & Shine #175" seems to do that.
mizsassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizsassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2006 at 10:11pm

Big smileThanks! Priestess, For the info.

I'm sorry, I new to the site Embarrassed. does NTM stand for something? and is it a cream or a grease or spray?

I just need something to keep my hair lightly moisturized, and not kill my wrap. I also want to be able to put a little on my ends, like every other night before i wrap it up for the night, and wake up and look like i slept in a jar of grease. LOL  LOL

Thanks for the info.
mizsassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizsassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2006 at 10:15pm

Thanks gurl !

Can i find it in any hair store?
Priestess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priestess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2006 at 10:20pm
Hi Mizsassy, NTM stands for Neutrogena Triple Moisture.  It is a lightweight cream leave in conditoner.  It is very popular and ideal for sets.  They also have a serum in the line that I use to seal ends and to moisturize and shine to set hair.
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2006 at 7:30pm

Mine are:

extra virgin olive oil
ORS Replenishing Pak
Razac Leave-In conditioners
Therrape shampoo
Humectress conditioner as a leave-in
360 Stylin' Afro Hair softener spray
Capilo Canela y Suela

Testing Elucence shampoo
mamisopreshiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamisopreshiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2006 at 12:23pm
I cannot live without my doogro it really works wonders.
SweetWhispers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetWhispers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2006 at 10:44am
shea butter  and aphogee ( the 5 minute one) have helped me grow my hair
Pearglace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearglace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2006 at 11:52am
which products do you currently use by doo gro?
I have been using it for a month now
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic