Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Product Review Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 5:14pm
THIS stuff right here...my hair loves it!! I'm shocked!!! 

Sponsored Links

iGRAnDiloquence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGRAnDiloquence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 12:46pm
My hair loves it too! Keeps it super moisturized! I used it at my cousins house but haven't purchased for myself.

Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

THIS stuff right here...my hair loves it!! I'm shocked!!! 

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:02pm
Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer

--4/5 Simply love it. The only con is the strong smell. It doesn't stink, but the smell is really strong. It does contain dimethicone though.
myotherslef14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myotherslef14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 3:23pm
I absolutely LOVE Nature's Essence Celestial Hair Oil!  Helps keep my hair soft and my scalp healthy.  It's 100% all natural with olive and argan oils.  My mom has been using it for 4 months now on a spot that was balding...Her hair has started to grow back!  I found it here http://naturesessenceapothecary.miiduu.com/celestial-hair-amp-scalp-oil-4oz
SurveenA4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurveenA4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 5:45am
Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo
Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo
Elasta QP hair gel
timothy0berlin01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy0berlin01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 9:29am
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh Tongue
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 7:55am

My hair: I have been blowing out my hair since this polar vortex has been wearing on my soul.  And I hate sleeping in wet hair during this subzero weather.  I can't sleep and it lowers my core temp where I can't get comfortable and when I turn on the heat to compensate, it dries out the air and I get nose bleeds and sicker quicker.  But my coils snaps back with a quickness when water hits so I am a mix of 4s that is highly porous and some breakage.

I purchased this at TJMaxx/Marshalls on clearance since I finally finished my Shea Moisture shampoo.  It was a bit cheaper than Shea Moisture and about the same on regular price at the discount stores.  The pros are that it doesn't take much to lather (could be a good thing or bad thing since suds is a cosmetic thing), the version I have is sulfate free and this bottle will last me a year (I purchased the 12 fl oz bottle).  It seems to "detangle" my hair by making my coils more pronounced but it could be water period.  It contains silk amino acids, which helps lock in moisture during this sucky polar vortex.  I can finger comb my hair while this is in my hair, true story.  The cons: it stings my eyes something fierce but most shampoos does that.  I really can't think of any cons because this shampoo is pretty good.  I would give it 5 Star's and I will repurchase again when I run out.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 8:15am

The above should show the picture of the Chi Nourish Shine hair masque for fine hair, I purchased the one for normal to coarse hair.  But the containers look the same so read the bottle.

My hair: I have been blowing out my hair since this polar vortex has been wearing on my soul.  And I hate sleeping in wet hair during this subzero weather.  I can't sleep and it lowers my core temp where I can't get comfortable and when I turn on the heat to compensate, it dries out the air and I get nose bleeds and sicker quicker.  But my coils snaps back with a quickness when water hits so I am a mix of 4s that is highly porous and some breakage.  It is fine but somewhat thick.  I will say normal thickness.

I bought this 16.9 oz jar on clearance at TJ Maxx/Marshalls and so far I have been using the accompanying shampoo and conditioner for about three weeks and here are my results.

I have been dealing with breakage for about a year and my hair was so thin at the ends.  I trimmed it three weeks ago and but the breakage remains.  I used some Aphogee 2 minute treatment but the breakage remained.  I used something called HAIR but that didn't help. I started researching on ways to slow down the breakage and I read that silk amino acids and ceramides will help with breakage and I started researching on which products contain silk amino acids and ceramides.  I picked this up since it contains the golden ingredients.  I lather a healthy amount from root to end and let it it sit on my hair.  Then afterwards I rinsed and styled my hair.  The first time I used it, I noticed a noticeable reduction in breakage.  After three weeks I have minimal breakage save a couple of strands and those broken pieces you usually find with the peasy hair at the nape.

The pros for me is that with continue use, it does slows down breakage.  The key is continue use.  The second is that it is cheap at stores like TJ Maxx or Marshalls.  This jar is 9.99 versus almost 50 dollars at the salon.  The con is that this stuff does not detangle much.  And when I saw it doesn't detangle, it will leave your hair kind of stiff.  For me it is a good thing since I use a blow dryer, I wouldn't recommend it for those that eschew heat appliances.  But I use a separate detangler for that and I detangle while shampooing.  Right now I am giving it 4 Star's out of five since it is working for the current condition of my hair.  I will winter will go away and let my hair be great.

Edited by NARSAddict - Mar 05 2014 at 8:21am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 8:47am

Pictured above is the Creme of Nature Argan oil Perfect 7 7-in-1 leave in treatment, which looks like it could be similar to its sister brand Uniq One All In One Hair Treatment, which is owned by Revlon Colomer Spain or something like that.

I will be reviewing the Creme of Nature brand. 

My hair: I have been blowing out my hair since this polar vortex has been wearing on my soul.  And I hate sleeping in wet hair during this subzero weather.  I can't sleep and it lowers my core temp where I can't get comfortable and when I turn on the heat to compensate, it dries out the air and I get nose bleeds and sicker quicker.  But my coils snaps back with a quickness when water hits so I am a mix of 4s that is highly porous and some breakage.  It is fine but somewhat thick.  I will say normal thickness.

I purchased the Creme of Nature 7-in-1 treatment because I wanted to compare it to the It's a 10 treatment (which I bought a sample size, I will review later) and I had a coupon for it also.  I used at directed and once off label directions.  In my experience, this product works better with heat, be it with a blow dryer, flat iron, hooded dryer, etc.  When I sprayed this on my wet hair and forgot to prep my hair when air drying (when we had break in the deep chill), my hair was a hot mess.  My hair balled up like an angry fist, akin to the Black Power fist.  It was pretty bad.  Plus it made my hair feel coated but I will admit I believe I used too much.  But when I used it to blow dry my hair, the results was decent.  I have to mention that the texture of this product is more of a cream/lotion than a watery spray.  So to avoid waste, spray a bit in your hands and spread it in your hair.

The pro's are it detangles, contains ceramides/silk amino acids, it does offer some heat protection from the blowdryer, and it smells nice.  The cons are the scent.  Now I happen to like it but other folks and the immediate area may not appreciate it.  It is very noticeable so If you are sensitive scents, avoid at all cost.  The second con is that it contains isopropyl alcohol.  Which could explain why my hair drew up like an angry fist.  I try to avoid products that contains drying alcohol.  In all, I would rate this 3 Star's out of 5.  I doubt I will repurchase this again because of the isoprpyl alcohol.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:00pm

These products are very moisturizing and only require very little to make my hair manageable, assuming it is reasonably detangled beforehand. I used both of these for a flexirod set and yes I did leave the consitioner in. Not to take anything away from the line because it is meant to be a restorative, repairing line, but my set was not crisp/smooth and did not last very long at all. I do not consider that a negative because once again this line is not about maintaining an artificial style but about imparting and preserving moisture. I like how my hair fluffed up and it still feels soft. It is just as stretched but without the definition. So I would definitely recommend this line, but not if you're going for a defined look that is not incorporating your natural curls. But if you don't care about definition or will be wearing your own curl pattern this one's a winner.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455>