BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hair Product Review Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 56>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
demebear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 8:26am
Ynobe Shop: 

1. Green Tea and Aloe Spritz:  A definite staple. It does a great job at soothing my scalp, cutting down on the shedding, and refreshing and softening my hair.

2. Amla and Nettle deep conditioner: I'm neutral with this. It definitely conditions my hair but I wouldn't say it's the best deep conditioner I've ever had.  It's aight. I'll probably use it up when I deep condition my weave.

3. Hibiscus Leave- in: I'm on the fence with this product as well. On wet hair, it's a great moisturizer and detangler, but I feel like it gives me unnecessary hold when my hair dries, making my hair hard to the touch. I'll continue to play around with this product more. I really wish I could find that staple leave- in that doesn't give me any hold. I have no trouble getting my twists to stay defined.

4. Ayuverdic double butter cream: This right here is an amazing product. It doesn't give me hold, it moisturizes my hair, softens it, and gives it some bling bling action. The cream feel really light going on and I don't need to reapply often- only about once every three days.

Her products have a lot of potential. I just need to play around with it more but I will definitely repurchase certain products. My hair has been retaining moisture better since I started using her stuff
Sponsored Links

CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Cantu has a new cowash and curling custard...has anyone tried it??  I cant find it in my city nowhere...I wanna try their deep treatment masque too...

Have you checked Walgreens? 

Yes!  And its like they have everything but those 3...I got the curling cream,the hair lotion,the spray...they just dont have those 3Cry...

Damn.  But you know what, Walgreens tends to drag their asses when it comes to having the complete line.  Give them a moment to get it together.

I finally found the deep conditioning masque and the lock and twist gel(custard)...will update on how those work out...still looking for the cowash...
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 7:20pm

I finally found the deep conditioning masque and the lock and twist gel(custard)...will update on how those work out...still looking for the cowash...

That is great.  I might give Cantu a try again.  I used it when it first came out and I am racking my brain on why I stopped.  Meanwhile Walgreens has the Africa's Best oil on sale so I am going to grab a bottle or two since I am low on oils. 
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 7:50pm
Ok so I really like the lock and twist gel...gives fantastic definition, and stretch...however I hate the smellDead... just cant stand it(smells like all their products)... dont like the Cantu product line smell in general...doesn't stink,just far to strong for me...

Im on the fence with the masque...gonna give it another try...hope I can make it work because I bought 2 jars...its very thick which is a plus...but when I washed it out my hair felt dry...hmmm

The twist and lock gel is def a go...hard to choose between this and the ORS(I use both for was n gos)...

JudiBlue252 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudiBlue252 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 11:24am
Name of product: Blue Duchess Oil Moisturizer (from Walmart...and only $.97)
Hair texture/type:4C
How did you use the product: I apply it the 1st time while my hair is wet. Then a 2nd time (if i have to) while dry. 
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5): 5

It has a pleasant smell, and I like that it leaves my hair feeling moisturized without it looking or feeling greasy. And i LOVE that it's only 97 cents! My hair can suck up oils and lotions, so I was pretty glad to see it works on my hair. 

funky510 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funky510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 11:20pm
Tongue thanks
nomibucha100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomibucha100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 3:29am
this is very good sharing thanks
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 2:12pm

So I was at Walmart a few weeks ago restocking my co wash conditioner and happened across this other natural doing the same thing.  So of course we struck up a conversation about the products that we love and hate and I told her that my fine strands don't like anything and don't retain moisture very well.  She recommended the above product which naturally was NOT at the Walmart so I kinda forgot about this until I went to Walgreen's..........yeah this is long winded.  I love this stuff and I hate it too.  I love the amazing slip and moisture but it does leave my hair rather dull looking and when it dries there is a sprinkling of dried product in my hair.  Must use hair polisher after applying.  I give it 3 out of 5 stars. 
nostalgiajones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nostalgiajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 12:11am
Any reviews for the doux http://www.thedoux.com/#!products/ck5w?

The packaging is super cute.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 10:13pm
IC Fantasia Hair Polisher Gel with SparkleLites.

I used it to define my curls. I give it a 5/5.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 56>
  Share Topic