BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hair Product Review Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 56>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tangala0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:09am
Ok then thanks for the reply
Sponsored Links

hstraighteners1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hstraighteners1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 3:37am
Thanks for sharing..

Here is new CHI Black Hair Straightener products for United States Hair Smile

View This Wink

CHI Black Hair Straightener
dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 9:23pm

Product: Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk
Type: 3c/4a, wiry, color-treated, fine/ thin hair
Review: Smells like cake and leaves my hair feeling so soft and plush! My favorite leave in. Very moisturizing and strengthening. Great by itself for twist outs or with ecostyler gel for a wash n go

Edited by dijah.love - Jun 05 2013 at 9:23pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2013 at 12:09am

Product:
Eden Bodywork's Peppermint Hair Milk
Type: 4a w/3c porous crown. Medium to fine strands.
Review: Smells Awesome! Love the peppermint smell. It tingles on my scalp at first. It works okay on my hair. Not good, not bad. Just soaks in my hair but doesn't stay moist. I'll try it again because I really want to like this product.

ETA: I put my hair in a pony tail and twisted the pieces up. They are soft today so perhaps this product is good for twists or braids. Can you tell I want to like this? lol

Edited by carolina cutie - Jun 07 2013 at 8:47pm
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 11:57pm

Name of product: Shea Moisture Organic Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Shine Kit.
Hair texture/type: 4a/b, fine and low porosity.
How did you use the product: Mostly as intended.
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5)
: StarStarStarStarStar

Shea Moisture isn't readily available where I come from so upon my latest visit to the US, I jumped at the chance of trying out these products. I thought it was a neat idea that shea moisture thought to have these guys out in a little sample pack that was pretty affordable ($20 for the set).

I. Curl & Shine Shampoo:
   I thought this shampoo was pretty okay. It definitely got the job done IMO while not drying out my       hair. I did notice that it doesn't take much to get a good lather; so even though I've got this small
   bottle, it will take me a while before I run through it.

II. Curl & Style Milk
    This is my favorite out of the sample pack. Since it's hard for me to find any products that could
    help me retain my moisture levels for a full day, I pretty much gave up on the idea. The coconut
    smell is so gentle, it's divine. I was taken by complete surprise at how effective this product is as a
    leave-in. I think it's actual intended use is to be a rinse out condish but I've read it can be used
    either way. It has a very lotion-y consistency and it only takes about 3 squirts out of the bottle to  
    cover my head. I didn't like the opening at the top of the bottle (I found it to be a bit small so I
    tended to just unscrew the thing and just pour it into my hand) and when cold it can be a little
    tough to get out (think old school ketchup bottle). I noticed the difference in my coil definition
    almost immediately. I think this might actually be my first "holy grail" product.

III. Hold & Shine Moisture Mist
      Truth be told, this was the least used product out of the kit mostly because it's generally enough to
      just moisturize and seal my strands. I admit that I'm trying to find the proper times to use this. So
      far, I've only used it to reactivate the products already in my hair and to help set my fro. It does
     provide a very soft, almost a little too fragile, hold. I was out earlier today with my fro and the wind
     still managed to blow it around a little bit.

IV. Curl Enhancing Smoothie
     This one is running neck and neck with the curl & style milk for my favorite product. I've only really
     used it on rainy days to help set my curly fro and I've been impressed every time I used it. Since I
     have very fine hair, gels pretty much scare me because my strands break so easily. I have no such
    worry with the smoothie. Not only does it set just as well as a gel would, it even contributes to
    retaining my moisture much longer than I've ever experienced. Not only that, it also helped me
    finally achieve some hang time. Right now, I'm somewhere between APL and BSB (or BSL) and
   when shrunken, my hair is a little longer than EL. I've noticed that when I use the CES, my hair
   definitely hangs at almost NL and stays that way for a good amount of time.

Overall, I can see why so many ladies love using Shea Moisture products. I've been using this products for the past 2 weeks and I'm still impressed at how consistent the results have been.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 3:42am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by mstinycurls mstinycurls wrote:

Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Product: Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
Type: 4a,spongy texture, medium to fine strands, medium density
Review: Just sits on my hair barely penetrates my strands even if I leave on for longer than the time recommened.

This did nothing for my hair..Ouch

Same here.

LoL @ "for mixed textures." I'd wipe m ass with that jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 3:46am
I'll be throwing this away as soon as I can reconcile myself with the fact that I paid $11.99 for this bullshyt.

I trusted you Shea Moisture and you let me down! Angry
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 12:21am
I haven't see that^^.  What was wrong w/ it SN?  I use the smoothie and shampoo and love those 2 products.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2013 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

I haven't see that^^.  What was wrong w/ it SN?  I use the smoothie and shampoo and love those 2 products.

Doesn't detangle. Makes the hair feel greasy and wiry. You feel like you're not using enough but yet your hands will be greasy. Was not absorbed by my hair but instead just sat on top of my hair. Left my hair feeling coated and not in a good way. Just overall horrible. This is the first time Shea Moisture has disappointed me.
fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 1:54pm
Shea moisture finally came out with a conditioner for the curl and shine line..i want to try it, has anyone used it yet?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 56>