Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Product Review Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 56>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kikidoll92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kikidoll92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 2:51am
Hair type:Natural3c 4a4b.New to this so bear with me lol.This stuff is bomb keeps the hair from breaking if you have any problems.And good if you want to just get a good deep condition to prevent any future breakage.Used it when I was relaxed hair was real long and now I'm using it as a natural hair gal!overall great product but I would follow up with a moisturizing conditioner since it has egg protein in it.Only four stars cause the ingredients are not so organic lol but I still use it just be aware. StarStarStarStar
Sponsored Links

SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by kikidoll92 kikidoll92 wrote:

Hair type:Natural3c 4a4b.New to this so bear with me lol.This stuff is bomb keeps the hair from breaking if you have any problems.And good if you want to just get a good deep condition to prevent any future breakage.Used it when I was relaxed hair was real long and now I'm using it as a natural hair gal!overall great product but I would follow up with a moisturizing conditioner since it has egg protein in it.Only four stars cause the ingredients are not so organic lol but I still use it just be aware. StarStarStarStar

I used this last time I washed my hair. I'd say it was pretty good. My hair was really soft. But like you said the ingredients aren't the best so after I run this jar out which is about one more use I won't be purchasing this again. I got the ORS Hair Mayonnaise instead. But overall thumbs up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:13pm
Butters-N-Bars organic unrefined shea butter

http://www.butters-n-bars.com/unrefined-sheabutter-half.html

This is really good. It's smooth and creamy with a pleasant smell. No grittiness and melts in your hands in seconds. I've never tried another shea butter before but I chose this one over the one on Amazon and the one in the BSS because it was recommended by Curly Nikki and there were reviews on Amazon saying their shea butter wasn't fresh. From what little I know I'd give it 5 stars.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:25pm
4Nauturals Slick-It Pomade

Um, I've only tried this a few times. I think you would have to use quite a bit to get it to lay down Afro hair. It helps with your very edges if you use it after wrapping your head with a scarf but other than that it's really not that strong of a product. If you rub it between your hands and use it to smooth your ponytail it won't make any difference at all. But it doesn't have any bad ingredients according to the ingredient dictionary on TightCurly.com. I want to work with it more before I grade it.
kikidoll92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kikidoll92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:22pm
@Sweet november the ingredients in ors mayonnaise are different huh?that is interesting I haven't looked it up yet. Im just saying as long as it works its cool with me,its just I first started using the Afircas best and Im kind of glued to it lolLOL .

mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 9:25am

Name of product: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Creamy Hair Lotion
Hair texture/type: Kinky Fine Coily Mostly 4b
How did you use the product: 
I use every other day to moisturize. 
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5)
: StarStarStarStarStar 5 stars for this.
I love this product.  It leaves my hair very soft and conditioned.  It's not heavy but I don't use very much but it still gets the job done.  It has no Mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, silicone, phtlalates, gluten, paraffin, propylene glycol, PABA or DEA.  I paid $8.99 at local store for 13.8 oz.  Price isn't too bad.  I will definitely buy this again.
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:10pm
Qhemet moringa detangling conditioner-4 out. of 5 stars. As a leave-in, did nothing, very greasy. It did keep my hair moist for days. As a rinse out, very softening, made hair manageable. I'll keep using it till its done but I don't think I'll repurchase.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by mstinycurls mstinycurls wrote:

Name of product: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Creamy Hair Lotion
Hair texture/type: Kinky Fine Coily Mostly 4b
How did you use the product: 
I use every other day to moisturize. 
Overall satisfaction (scale of 1 to 5)
: StarStarStarStarStar 5 stars for this.
I love this product.  It leaves my hair very soft and conditioned.  It's not heavy but I don't use very much but it still gets the job done.  It has no Mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, silicone, phtlalates, gluten, paraffin, propylene glycol, PABA or DEA.  I paid $8.99 at local store for 13.8 oz.  Price isn't too bad.  I will definitely buy this again.

I just looked this up and it definitely has cones and mineral oil.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 11:53pm
^^^^^^Never mind. I'm not sure what I looked up last time but I was mistaken. No cones, no mineral oil whatsoever.

ETA: I figured it out, I was looking at their oil moisturizer.

Edited by SweetNovember* - Jan 25 2013 at 11:56pm
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 11:00pm
Broader Acondicionador (conditioning treatment) -5 stars! My hair feels instantly moist, smooth and conditioned whenever I use it. It can also be used as a heat protectant, nice all around product.

Nioxin Thermal Bliss -5 stars! This is a fantastic heat protectant, does have a funny smell but it doesn't last. This thing smooths out my 4b hairand allows me to really stretch my Hair out when blowing out. Combined with above product and it's a win-win.!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style